[REMOVE ADS]

Favorite Word Spoken or Sung by Diana?

Diana has this magical way of taking ordinary words and transcending them into mini masterpieces. Her annunciation is often dramatic and can give goosebumps! So! What's your favorite word spoken or sung by Diana?

Mine is "love" in the first line of "It's My Turn": I can't cover up my feelings, in the name of LOVE. But if you're lucky enough to catch this live, she adds flair by adding an "a" at the end; I can't cover up my feelings, in the name of LOVE-A.

All too fab!

There was a way she used to say or sing "boy" during the Supremes years that I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    There was a way she used to say or sing "boy" during the Supremes years that I liked.
    Yes! Come See About Me, Whisper You Love Me, Boy and some others.

After playing Where Did Our Love Go, I heard a deejay say that Nobody can sing "baby, baby" like Diana Ross. I agree. [Mary's background "baby, baby's "were effective, too].

I brought this up once in the past but I find it interesting that on You Can't Hurry Love, each time she sings those actual four words, she pronounces it as "caint," such as a Southerner might do. Yet if you listen to the word "can't" the two or three other times it is used in the lyrics, she pronounces it simply as "can't."

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    After playing Where Did Our Love Go, I heard a deejay say that Nobody can sing "baby, baby" like Diana Ross. I agree. [Mary's background "baby, baby's "were effective, too].
    Sounds a knowledgeable kind of guy considering Diana Ross never sang “Baby Baby” on “Where Did Our Love Go”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Sounds a knowledgeable kind of guy considering Diana Ross never sang “Baby Baby” on “Where Did Our Love Go”.
    You may want to listen to the song again. The first two words Diana sings on the song are "Baby, baby".

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    You may want to listen to the song again. The first two words Diana sings on the song are "Baby, baby".
    I never think of the first two spoken lines as the “Baby Baby” part of the song, thinking it likely the deejay was referring to the background parts. Good point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Diana's "Baby, baby..." on Where Did Our Love Go is as memorable and almost as iconic [for me, anyway] as her "Oooo..." on Baby Love!