[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cindy birdsong october health and care update

There was finally an update today about Cindy's health and care.

A judge has put Cindy under a temporary conservatorship in which county officials would oversee her care and finances following a dispute over who has rightful legal control over her affairs. In agreeing to appoint a conservator, the judge described Cindy's situation as urgent.

Today, the judge said he was suspending both Mr. Herman’s and Ms. Lander’s power of attorney papers, saying that any property of Cindy's that they hold should be turned over to the temporary conservator.

Cindy's son attended the hearing. Mr Herman and Ms Lander did not. Ms Lander is still living in the apartment that she shared with Cindy, but is not paying rent. She also will not respond to messages for comment.

After this temporary conservatorship, the court is scheduled to consider whether to grant a permanent conservatorship over Cindy's affairs this month with her family members including her brother and son .

Cindy is described as having been “in a vegetative state” since May.

This is a sad story.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/04/a...nservator.html

This is such sad news regarding someone who brought so much joy. It might be kinder if she passed away peacefully now.

I agree with Ollie that the news is so sad and disheartening. To read how her health is so poor is heartbreaking. While I sadly miss Mary Wilson, her passing peacefully in her sleep while still doing what she loved is what we all wish. Knowing that Diana,Jean, Scherrie, Lynda and Susaye are all doing well and some are still performing is truly a blessing. Cindy is so beloved and to have her in such a state breaks my heart, may she find peace and may this all be resolved for the best for Cindy.

Thanks Milven for the update on Cindy Birdsong's condition. Indeed, it's such a sad story that she's living out her days like this.

This is so sad. I hope she is at least comfortable in these last days of her journey.

Interesting that ole girl didn't attend the hearing.

Looks like things might finally move in the right direction for Cindy's care now. Perhaps it won't do anything for her condition, but it might make things more comfortable for her, and certainly might be a load off the minds of her family and loved ones.

Alzheimer's is such a sad and terrible thing to go through, having experienced it first-hand in my own family. My hope is that Cindy will not continue to suffer and that she can make a peaceful transition in comfort. It's just so sad that there had to be so much turmoil and irresponsibility that led up to this point, which compromised the care she had received. God Bless Cindy.

May God Bless Cindy at this time. Our prayers to her and her family for peace and comfort.Thank you all for sharing the kindness of Cindy Birdsong.

WOW. VEGATATIVE STAGE?!?!?!

That is sooooo tragic. OMG. And that woman oughta be ashamed of herself. I rather for her to be in the conservatorship since it seems she can't do anything for herself anymore. Can't talk, can't walk, nothing.

Very sad state of affairs. :[[ Praying for Cindy and her family.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Alzheimer's is such a sad and terrible thing to go through, having experienced it first-hand in my own family. My hope is that Cindy will not continue to suffer and that she can make a peaceful transition in comfort. It's just so sad that there had to be so much turmoil and irresponsibility that led up to this point, which compromised the care she had received. God Bless Cindy.
    I hope she gets to be with her family so she could actually rest peacefully. Obviously at this point, there's no way to hope she'll somehow recover especially with Alzheimer's disease.

This was very difficult to read and understand but I am not putting blame on anyone. However, if that was my mom or sister you had better back off and get out of my face B%^$. I understand that there was legal work involved her but NO you don't do that to my family. Much prayer for Cindy and her family. May the blood of Jesus cover her.

The link that I provided in the first post of this thread no longer works. NY TIMES has replaced it with this one, which currently works.

Some posters are saying that Cindy has Alzheimer's. I thought her current state was the result of a series of strokes. Were the strokes caused by Alzheimer's? I should know more about the disease. It seems to run in my family. I hope it doesn't catch me

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    The link that I provided in the first post of this thread no longer works. NY TIMES has replaced it with this one, which currently works.

Some posters are saying that Cindy has Alzheimer's. I thought her current state was the result of a series of strokes. Were the strokes caused by Alzheimer's? I should know more about the disease. It seems to run in my family. I hope it doesn't catch me

Miss Cindy Birdsong may have Vascular Dementia which is caused by constant mini strokes and has a 5 year lifes span on average. Its usualy a massive stroke or heart attack that mercifully ends your life and releases you to the great beyond. Im going through this with a family member and its real sad indeed.

Thanks Roberta. It is a terrible disease for the person and just as bad for those people around them.

Interesting that the Public Guardian has been appointed rather than a family member or the person or people Cindy appointed under the Power of Attorney.

That may indicate there is not much of an estate and just the physical body to attend to. Or it may indicate a lack of confidence by the Court in any of the people involved.

It’s not pretty.

Can anyone post the article?

Thanks Roberta. It is a terrible disease for the person and just as bad for those people around them.
    Heartbreaking and real hard on those caring for the loved one suffering. You can only pray the Lord calls those suffering with Vascular Dementia home quickly with a real quick massive stroke or very sudden heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Interesting that the Public Guardian has been appointed rather than a family member or the person or people Cindy appointed under the Power of Attorney.

That may indicate there is not much of an estate and just the physical body to attend to. Or it may indicate a lack of confidence by the Court in any of the people involved.

It’s not pretty.

Can anyone post the article?
    It says: After this temporary conservatorship, the court is scheduled to consider whether to grant a permanent conservatorship over Cindy's affairs this month with her family members including her brother and son .

The temporary is in place because of the immediate need Cindy has and her care shouldn't be placed on hold in order for the court to determine any specific person. Her family has not been ruled out.

Thanks for this, as I, too, was puzzled by the Alzheimer's references, having not heard anything of the sort in Cindy's case. I think Roberta75 may be closer to the mark.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall it was Mary who had made a reference to dementia at some point, when speaking about Cindy years ago in an interview, and so it was generally assumed by many to be Alzheimer's. I remember there was talk about how she had accidentally let that slip out and she was subsequently asked by the family to keep that private, so afterward she would only make general references to Cindy being unwell/ill. I only knew about the strokes recently, after these New York Times pieces were published. Both Alzheimer's and/or strokes can sadly lead to this mentioned vegitated state that Cindy is in now. I wish her so much love and peace.
    Last edited by carlo; 10-11-2023 at 07:32 PM.

Yet another VODR. Victim of Diana Ross. The tallon like claws have killed again. 1st Flo, then Mary and now poor Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by REYnoldo Chavez View Post
    Yet another VODR. Victim of Diana Ross. The tallon like claws have killed again. 1st Flo, then Mary and now poor Cindy.
    How has Diana affected what’s happened to Cindy?.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    How has Diana affected what’s happened to Cindy?.
    Ollie, any idiot knows Diana was in cahoots with Cindy's so called caregiver. She went over to the apartment one night and injected Cindy with some kind of serum that caused Cindy's strokes. Just like everyone knows that the night before Mary died, some mysterious figure strangely shaped like Diana Ross slithered out of her condo. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened there. And we have a reliable eye witness in Charity Chenovert aka Nichole Ballard Chapman who saw Diana Ross with Flo in Flo's basement the night before she died.

Coincidences? We think not!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Ollie, any idiot knows Diana was in cahoots with Cindy's so called caregiver. She went over to the apartment one night and injected Cindy with some kind of serum that caused Cindy's strokes. Just like everyone knows that the night before Mary died, some mysterious figure strangely shaped like Diana Ross slithered out of her condo. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened there. And we have a reliable eye witness in Charity Chenovert aka Nichole Ballard Chapman who saw Diana Ross with Flo in Flo's basement the night before she died.

Now you’ve done it !!!!! You let the cat out of the bag. At least you didn’t mention about Diana breaking up Mary’s marriage. Then you would really be up in trouble!
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 10-14-2023 at 12:00 PM.

Yet she has always come across as being such a caring soul when asking her audience to reach out and touch hands. Just goes to prove one never really knows what’s behind the celebrity mask.

I wonder if Diana ever had any contact or reached out to Barbara or Betty. Looking back we now read that Diana tried to help save Flo's home, A couple of loans to Mary and now I hear she reached to help Cindy with some of her medical bills. Diana always strike me as an individual that would help her fellow Supremes but wanted no publicity or for them to talk about it. I say this because Barbara was always a curious one for me. She was like a hidden gem that I wanted to know more about the early days from a different voice but got nothing good or bad from. We got a few more pics over the years though. A beautiful woman.

Bruce Willis ongoing condition all over news today. Friends and loved ones have spoken about it. Publicity can help as with Nichelle Nichols of Star Trek. Why has Cindy’s situation been so shrouded in mystery until The NY Times articles? It be nice to hear some concern and support from other Supremes and it could help Cindy.
    Last edited by luke; 10-16-2023 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Bruce Willis ongoing condition all over news today. Friends and loved ones have spoken about it. Publicity can help as with Nichelle Nichols of Star Trek. Why has Cindy’s situation been so shrouded in mystery until The NY Times articles? It be nice to hear some concern and support from other Supremes and it could help Cindy.
    Cindy is apparently now receiving the help she needs, thanks to the court. Why the mystery surrounding Cindy, probably has something to do with her former caretaker. Cindy also seemed to live a pretty private life for the last few decades, and those in the know may have thought it best to continue to respect her right to privacy. I think everyone involved wanted to keep things out of the public for fear that people would intrude. Finally getting the media involved was a last resort, in the hopes that public attention would make a difference. But I can see a school of thought among the family and close folks that the less people in Cindy's business, the better, while they attempt to get things done privately. I guess making a court case of it also has something to do with finally revealing the truth, as the case would be public record.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I wonder if Diana ever had any contact or reached out to Barbara or Betty. Looking back we now read that Diana tried to help save Flo's home, A couple of loans to Mary and now I hear she reached to help Cindy with some of her medical bills. Diana always strike me as an individual that would help her fellow Supremes but wanted no publicity or for them to talk about it. I say this because Barbara was always a curious one for me. She was like a hidden gem that I wanted to know more about the early days from a different voice but got nothing good or bad from. We got a few more pics over the years though. A beautiful woman.
    I’ve read that it is very easy for the few of the Motown stars that have money to become targets for requests for financial assistance and they are very discreet about any publicity. I think particularly Berry is a target as his business was a family and even if you were an addict that berated him publicly, somehow or other he should be responsible to bail out every person that ever worked at Motown, much the same as Diana being the successful rich Supreme is therefore tasked with bailing out every other Supreme that didn’t show up for recording sessions, worked half as hard and complained about her.

Go figure.

I’ve read that it is very easy for the few of the Motown stars that have money to become targets for requests for financial assistance and they are very discreet about any publicity. I think particularly Berry is a target as his business was a family and even if you were an addict that berated him publicly, somehow or other he should be responsible to bail out every person that ever worked at Motown, much the same as Diana being the successful rich Supreme is therefore tasked with bailing out every other Supreme that didn’t show up for recording sessions, worked half as hard and complained about her.

Go figure.
    I’m guessing the complaints about Diana were probably fuelled by being pushed even further into the background, thus reducing their role as Supremes to decorative props for the leading lady. Under those circumstances it must have been hard to stay motivated.
    Marys loan was paid back in full with added interest. It was a kind gesture from Diana, and certainly something she wasn’t obligated to do.
    Apparently she made a killing on the deal. [[Joke).

Guys I'd like to request that we remain reverent as Cindy fights her final battle and let her have the dignity she deserves. Throwing s**t at former bandmates and such about events over 50 years ago only makes this situation uglier.

I can tell you all that Berry and Diana have helped Cindy as has Mary and Scherrie. I too sent money some years ago as have many other fans. But having a third party intercept your kindness only makes a person reluctant to offer support of any kind. With the court managing her finances, sending anything now would be fruitless, she's not aware of anything obviously and who knows if she'd even get it.

We all know Cindy's condition is dire. Let's just let things happen naturally now, we all know she is being properly cared for.

I was watching this past weekend a video of Jean, Mary and Cindy on the Flip Wilson Show from 1971. If you access tubi.com, all of Flip's shows are on that site, but only the skits, not the music. I always remembered from that show that final skit where Cindy descends a staircase as a ghost to entice Flip in a comedy bit. I remember how stunning she looked but have not seen that skit since 1971. Well now it is available on tubi. She was so stunning, she had emerged as the sexiest of the three. Usually Mary played these parts. But Cindy was buxom and slim and nobody could hold a candle to her. I want to remember her that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Guys I'd like to request that we remain reverent as Cindy fights her final battle and let her have the dignity she deserves. Throwing s**t at former bandmates and such about events over 50 years ago only makes this situation uglier.

I can tell you all that Berry and Diana have helped Cindy as has Mary and Scherrie. I too sent money some years ago as have many other fans. But having a third party intercept your kindness only makes a person reluctant to offer support of any kind. With the court managing her finances, sending anything now would be fruitless, she's not aware of anything obviously and who knows if she'd even get it.

We all know Cindy's condition is dire. Let's just let things happen naturally now, we all know she is being properly cared for.

I was watching this past weekend a video of Jean, Mary and Cindy on the Flip Wilson Show from 1971. If you access tubi.com, all of Flip's shows are on that site, but only the skits, not the music. I always remembered from that show that final skit where Cindy descends a staircase as a ghost to entice Flip in a comedy bit. I remember how stunning she looked but have not seen that skit since 1971. Well now it is available on tubi. She was so stunning, she had emerged as the sexiest of the three. Usually Mary played these parts. But Cindy was buxom and slim and nobody could hold a candle to her. I want to remember her that way.
    Thank you Bayou. That old "Diana loaned Mary money" line sure likes get pulled out now and again.

Go figure.
    Okay we get it, you love Diana Ross and she is the best Supreme whoever existed and none of the others hold a candle to her and must bow down in her presence. But let's not re-write history. Who did Diana bail out? We know for a fact that she lent money to Mary Wilson because both she and Mary confirmed it. We also know from Mary that she paid it back. And anyone who would claim that Mary worked half as hard as Diana doesn't know anything about Mary Wilson.

The only Supreme that could be accused of not showing up for recording sessions is Florence, and there is no verifiable evidence, aside from an anecdote in a book, that Diana ever bailed or tried to bail Flo out of anything. Flo also made a statement that if Diana were ever in need, she would gladly help.

It has recently been revealed that Diana helped with some of Cindy's medical needs. Is it really a bail out when you're incapacitated and didn't ask for the help, but the help was given anyway? Where are all these stories about former Supremes running to Diana with their hands out? I haven't heard them. I guess that doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I do question where this is coming from. Seems like one more myth being added to the Supremes story.

As far as Berry, everybody and their mother, including Diana, claims that he screwed around with their money. If he's sitting pretty now, having made his fortune on the backs of singers he took advantage of, is he actually owed the right to be left alone when one of them is in need? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I’m guessing the complaints about Diana were probably fuelled by being pushed even further into the background, thus reducing their role as Supremes to decorative props for the leading lady. Under those circumstances it must have been hard to stay motivated.
    Marys loan was paid back in full with added interest. It was a kind gesture from Diana, and certainly something she wasn’t obligated to do.
    Apparently she made a killing on the deal. [[Joke).
    They should have just been glad to be in the presence of Diana Ross. If they had been asked to sit down and shit on stage while Diana sang, they should have been grateful. Apparently. I'm just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Throwing s**t at former bandmates and such about events over 50 years ago only makes this situation uglier.
    But what would we do if we couldn't throw shit at our non favorite Supremes? Why would this forum even exist?

But what would we do if we couldn't throw shit at our non favorite Supremes? Why would this forum even exist?
    All of that juicy stuff is fine to me Ran, but under another heading please? This thread is about Cindy's final days on the planet. Supreme or not she is a human who deserves more dignity at the moment.

Okay we get it, you love Diana Ross and she is the best Supreme whoever existed and none of the others hold a candle to her and must bow down in her presence. But let's not re-write history. Who did Diana bail out? We know for a fact that she lent money to Mary Wilson because both she and Mary confirmed it. We also know from Mary that she paid it back. And anyone who would claim that Mary worked half as hard as Diana doesn't know anything about Mary Wilson.

The only Supreme that could be accused of not showing up for recording sessions is Florence, and there is no verifiable evidence, aside from an anecdote in a book, that Diana ever bailed or tried to bail Flo out of anything. Flo also made a statement that if Diana were ever in need, she would gladly help.

It has recently been revealed that Diana helped with some of Cindy's medical needs. Is it really a bail out when you're incapacitated and didn't ask for the help, but the help was given anyway? Where are all these stories about former Supremes running to Diana with their hands out? I haven't heard them. I guess that doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I do question where this is coming from. Seems like one more myth being added to the Supremes story.

As far as Berry, everybody and their mother, including Diana, claims that he screwed around with their money. If he's sitting pretty now, having made his fortune on the backs of singers he took advantage of, is he actually owed the right to be left alone when one of them is in need? I don't think so.
    My thoughts exactly Ran lol. I literally was about to post this word for word...okay maybe not word for word. But thought for thought.

I get Berry did a lot of good in the music industry but he also did a lot of bad. And at the end of the day I do hold him accountable for the fate of several of the Motown artists as well as the disintegration of the original Supremes.

Rob just out of curiosity is there anything about Florence and Mary you did like? Or is it just Diana you're a fan of from the Supremes? What about Cindy?
    Last edited by floyjoy678; 10-17-2023 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    My thoughts exactly Ran lol. I literally was about to post this word for word...okay maybe not word for word. But thought for thought.

I get Berry did a lot of good in the music industry but he also did a lot of bad. And at the end of the day I do hold him accountable for the fate of several of the Motown artists as well as the disintegration of the original Supremes.
    We owe a debt of gratitude to Berry Gordy, for those of us who love Motown as much as many of us do. Particularly as fans of the Supremes, we have to honor that it was Gordy's vision that helped propel the Supremes into legends in their own time, and subsequently Diana as a solo legend. But let's be real: it was the Supremes, the Tempts, the Tops, Martha and the Vandellas, Marvin, Mary, Stevie, Marvelettes, etc, that were hitting those stages night after night, leaving their families behind, singing and dancing through illness and grief, singing take after take and being charged studio time for songs that wouldn't see the light of day for decades. And all that money went into Berry's mansion and his ability to be someone who any of these folks may call up and say "Hey, I'm in a bad spot. Can you give/loan/do something for me?"

If Gordy somehow squandered his fortune and ended up in bad financial shape, I think any reasonable person would think it only natural he be able to call up Diana, Smokey, Stevie, Mary Wilson [[when she was alive), Kat, Marvin [[again, when alive), Gladys Knight, Bubba, Martha, and anyone else who had signed to Motown that he helped put on the map, and ask them for assistance. And again, that's how it should be, even acknowledging that he ripped them off back in the day.

I did think of one other time Diana was called upon to help a former Supreme: when Cindy was stranded out of the country and needed help getting home, Diana helped her out.

Well, there is the time Florence asked Diana for a loan and was told, supposedly, to sign some blank pages. That's the story anyway. And if it's true, it's shady AF and shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Well, there is the time Florence asked Diana for a loan and was told, supposedly, to sign some blank pages. That's the story anyway. And if it's true, it's shady AF and shameful.
    All accounts have only said that Flo went to an unnamed recording artist. Diana is never mentioned. With the way some folks can't wait to come for her neck, I think if Diana were that recording artist, she would have been identified so she could be vilified. And quite honestly, it doesn't sound like something Diana would do, not to Florence.

In the 60’s, if we are talking favourite Suoremes, I would have chosen Mary.

After 1972, it was hard to continue following the Supremes, because they disappeared from the mainstream.

What little Mary Wilson recorded was very difficult to hear let alone purchase.

I found her flagrant self promotion to be unattractive and the way she got attention was attacking Diana - again not very attractive. She made stupid choices - not showing up for Love Child sessions and basically opening the doors to the Andantes and others. She gave up however many millions for pride. She hung Cindy out to dry.

I don’t buy into a lot of the conspiracy theories like Diana and Marvin hate each other because they recorded their album separately when many and most other duet albums were recorded the same way.

I’m sorry that Cindy is ill. But she chose people to run her affairs. Who knows why. Religion screws up a lot of people. Maybe that did it. Maybe she gave her money to the church. Maybe she didn’t care like when she let Mary deal with RTL. But she did do it and there are long term consequences.

All accounts have only said that Flo went to an unnamed recording artist. Diana is never mentioned. With the way some folks can't wait to come for her neck, I think if Diana were that recording artist, she would have been identified so she could be vilified. And quite honestly, it doesn't sound like something Diana would do, not to Florence.
    Diana had authorized Motown to cut a check to Florence to pay off her house. When her rep called Flo to find out who held the mortgage, Tommy Chapman intervened and wanted the check made out to him. Diana gave a firm and wise "no" to that.

Whoever the artist was that wanted Flo to sign blank papers, let me just say that the artist themselves at Motown never bothered with business, they paid businessmen to do this and it would have been that person who wanted those blank pages signed. This was only reported in Mary's first book and after bashing Diana for over 200 pages it would not make sense for her to suddenly protect Ross in that way.

I was wrong and way off. I'm at an age where tales morph together, lol. My apologies for spreading incorrect information.

In the 60’s, if we are talking favourite Suoremes, I would have chosen Mary.

After 1972, it was hard to continue following the Supremes, because they disappeared from the mainstream.

What little Mary Wilson recorded was very difficult to hear let alone purchase.

I found her flagrant self promotion to be unattractive and the way she got attention was attacking Diana - again not very attractive. She made stupid choices - not showing up for Love Child sessions and basically opening the doors to the Andantes and others. She gave up however many millions for pride. She hung Cindy out to dry.

I don’t buy into a lot of the conspiracy theories like Diana and Marvin hate each other because they recorded their album separately when many and most other duet albums were recorded the same way.

I’m sorry that Cindy is ill. But she chose people to run her affairs. Who knows why. Religion screws up a lot of people. Maybe that did it. Maybe she gave her money to the church. Maybe she didn’t care like when she let Mary deal with RTL. But she did do it and there are long term consequences.
    Everybody has their favorite Supreme, and that's cool. None of them were perfect. They've all made mistakes. Truth be told, of all the Supremes, if I were going to give the award for worst mistake ever, it would be Diana for her DUI. We should all be so thankful that she did not kill or injure herself that night, but even more so we should be thankful she didn't kill or injure someone else. People who drink and drive are disgusting. That being said, I don't see the need to constantly bring it up, finding a way to tie it into every Diana thread that exists.

I'm sorry that Mary sometimes said less than flattering things about Diana. But Diana chose to do and say the things that incurred the ire or grudges that Mary or anyone else held against her. Maybe Diana didn't care, but she did it and there were consequences. And the circle goes on and on and gets silly if we keep listing every reason why any of these people are less than perfect.

My apologies for spreading incorrect information.
    Sorry doesn't always make it right.

Everybody has their favorite Supreme, and that's cool. None of them were perfect. They've all made mistakes. Truth be told, of all the Supremes, if I were going to give the award for worst mistake ever, it would be Diana for her DUI. We should all be so thankful that she did not kill or injure herself that night, but even more so we should be thankful she didn't kill or injure someone else. People who drink and drive are disgusting. That being said, I don't see the need to constantly bring it up, finding a way to tie it into every Diana thread that exists.

I'm sorry that Mary sometimes said less than flattering things about Diana. But Diana chose to do and say the things that incurred the ire or grudges that Mary or anyone else held against her. Maybe Diana didn't care, but she did it and there were consequences. And the circle goes on and on and gets silly if we keep listing every reason why any of these people are less than perfect.
    Well said.

I agree about the circle going around, All these people had to spend enormous amounts of time together as young people and they were often very different and grew to dislike each other and fought like hell

The worst of them fought forever and really never made up and some of them died with no real reconciliation - Supremes Beatles Isley Brothers Temptations Beach Boys

But those real bad boys, the Rolling Stones, fought, made up, and drank and smoked and toked and f..ked their way to the bank, smart men. I read Mick says he has $500 million that he’s giving to charity

If only some of us [[or others) could travel back in time and give advice:

"Flo, don't marry Tommy, don't give that shyster control over your money, cut down drinking."

"Mary, don't marry Pedro, take control of the group, use your contacts to get hit songs and lucrative tours for the 'new' Supremes.

"Diana. Don't diss Nile/Bernard. Have them write/produce your first RCA album. Have Michael do the 2nd, Barry Gibb do the 3rd, Daryl Hall do the 4th. Don't produce your own stuff for a few years - learn from these guys first. Write a real auto-biography - not some airy-fairy thoughts.'

1999/2000 - "Diane, Mary, Cindy - TALK!!. The World NEEDS a Supremes re-union. Don't let money or egos get in the way of something that could bring you all together, one last time."
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 10-18-2023 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post

"Flo, don't marry Tommy, don't give that shyster control over your money, cut down drinking."

"Mary, don't marry Pedro, take control of the group, use your contacts to get hit songs and lucrative tours for the 'new' Supremes.

"Diana. Don't diss Nile/Bernard. Have them write/produce your first RCA album. Have Michael do the 2nd, Barry Gibb do the 3rd, Daryl Hall do the 4th. Don't produce your own stuff for a few years - learn from these guys first. Write a real auto-biography - not some airy-fairy thoughts.'

1999/2000 - "Diane, Mary, Cindy - TALK!!. The World NEEDS a Supremes re-union. Don't let money or egos get in the way of something that could bring you all together, one last time."
    Excellent retrospective

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post

Wouldn’t it be fantastic if we could travel back through time. I guess all fans can do is speculate what might have been given certain situations or how things might have been handled differently. It makes for fun speculation and interesting debate which is what a fan forum is generally about. Isn’t it?.