[REMOVE ADS]

Tina Turner "Queen Of Rock 'N' Roll" 3CD box set [11/24/2023-Parlophone]

Description
    To celebrate 50 years since the start of Tina Turner’s iconic solo career, ‘Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll’ is a huge compilation of 55 tracks that compiles an incredible anthology of Tina’s legendary solo career through her singles. This is the first time Tina’s complete singles collection has been released as one set, from Tina's cover of ‘Whole Lotta Love’ in 1975 all the way up to the Kygo remix of ‘What’s Love Got to Do With It’ in 2020. This set includes a brand-new version of ‘Something Beautiful Remains’, reworked by legendary producer and long-time collaborator of Tina, Terry Britten, retitled to ‘Something Beautiful’.

Tracklist
    [CD1]
    1. Whole Lotta Love
    2. Acid Queen
    3. Root, Toot Undisputable Rock 'N Roller
    4. Viva La Money
    5. Sometimes When We Touch
    6. Music Keeps Me Dancin'
    7. Let's Stay Together
    8. Help
    9. What's Love Got To Do With It
    10. Better Be Good To Me
    11. Private Dancer
    12. I Can't Stand The Rain
    13. Show Some Respect
    14. We Don't Need Another Hero [Thunderdome]
    15. One Of The Living
    16. It's Only Love [feat. Bryan Adams]
    17. Typical Male
    18. Two People
    19. What You Get Is What You See
    20. Girls

[CD2]
    1. Break Every Rule
    2. Paradise Is Here
    3. Afterglow
    4. Tearing Us Apart [feat. Eric Clapton]
    5. Addicted To Love [Live at Camden Palace, London]
    6. A Change Is Gonna Come [Live]
    7. Tonight [with David Bowie] [Live at NEC, Birmingham]
    8. River Deep, Mountain High [Live in Europe]
    9. The Best
    10. Steamy Windows
    11. I Don't Wanna Lose You
    12. Look Me In The Heart
    13. Foreign Affair
    14. Be Tender With Me Baby
    15. It Takes Two [Rod Stewart with Tina Turner]
    16. Nutbush City Limits [The 90's Version]
    17. Love Thing
    18. Way Of The World

[CD3]
    1. I Want You Near Me
    2. I Don't Wanna Fight
    3. Disco Inferno
    4. Why Must We Wait Until Tonight?
    5. Proud Mary [Edit]
    6. Goldeneye
    7. Whatever You Want [Alternative Mix]
    8. On Silent Wings [Single Edit]
    9. Missing You [Single Edit]
    10. In Your Wildest Dreams [feat. Barry White]
    11. Cose Della Vita [Eros Ramazzotti with Tina Turner]
    12. When The Heartache Is Over
    13. Whatever You Need
    14. Open Arms
    15. Teach Me Again
    16. What's Love Got To Do With It [Kygo Remix]
    17. Something Beautiful [2023 Version]

Amazon USA
    Available for pre-order soon:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJVP5DW3/?tag=imwan-20

Amazon Canada
    Available for pre-order soon:
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0CJVP5DW3/?tag=imwanca-20

Amazon UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CJVP5DW3/?tag=imwan-21

I'd be more excited if Tina Turns the Country On, Rough and Love Explosion got full and proper US reissues [or issued period, in the case of Love Explosion​]. Thanks for sharing, though.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I'd be more excited if Tina Turns the Country On, Rough and Love Explosion got full and proper US reissues [or issued period, in the case of Love Explosion​]. Thanks for sharing, though.
    I second that one. Although if its any consolation, YouTube's Midnight Special channel has recently uploaded some of Tina's performances from the ROUGH and LOVE EXPLOSION albums.

So excited to see things like this still in the works. Maybe there is some hope for the CD era after all! I will turn 100 within the next 30 years, so any chance that we can still be releasing CDs then? Who knows, I might even still be able to HEAR them!!!

This release is more geared toward newer fans, so I will likely also skip out on this. The re-worked version of Something Beautiful Remains is nice, although I prefer the original version. I had never heard of the track, "Teach Me Again" until I saw it in the tracklisting this morning and then looked up the song. Not sure how I had missed that one!

Thank you as always, Motown Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I second that one. Although if its any consolation, YouTube's Midnight Special channel has recently uploaded some of Tina's performances from the ROUGH and LOVE EXPLOSION albums.

Awww, shoot!!! Reese, you're a godsend!

The upcoming set is also being sold on vinyl.

https://www.thetinaturner.com/

Bumping up this thread, since this release came out last week. I had fully anticipated to not buy this release but had managed to find the CD set for a good price and ordered it. I was listening to it today and it is a nice collection. The 2 CD set, "All the Best" that came out in 2004, was previously my go-to, but this has the nice addition of her 70's singles and quite a few extra tracks that weren't on that set. I definitely didn't give the new mix of Something Beautiful Remains a proper listen, until now. It is gorgeous. I would love to get the vinyl version as well but will only do so, if the price drops a bit. I also love the cover shot that they used for this compilation.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Bumping up this thread, since this release came out last week. I had fully anticipated to not buy this release but had managed to find the CD set for a good price and ordered it. I was listening to it today and it is a nice collection. The 2 CD set, "All the Best" that came out in 2004, was previously my go-to, but this has the nice addition of her 70's singles and quite a few extra tracks that weren't on that set. I definitely didn't give the new mix of Something Beautiful Remains a proper listen, until now. It is gorgeous. I would love to get the vinyl version as well but will only do so, if the price drops a bit. I also love the cover shot that they used for this compilation.
    Today I received the multi-disc vinyl as well as the single-disc vinyl collections. The multi-disc vinyl has a nice booklet with comments on each recording as well as some reproductions of picture sleeves.