[REMOVE ADS]

I wish this was a real Suprmes album...

I'm just tossing this in because I've been having a few too many beers tonight! But seriously, I think the subject of fan-made art has been discussed many times here but this is one I always found exceptional: Name:  22310532_10155897932241661_4135627713344467263_n.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  40.0 KB

I am mad-key about graphic design and this one, there's nothing in the art design that even hints at someone with amateur status. The typeface looks period-appropriate, the removal of the original background from the Supremes' image is expertly done; the only thing I'd swap out is the Motown logo- I'd use the Motown logo found on the '60s LPs. Other than that, this is perfect.

I keep seeing those Motown picture sleeves on ebay and I know for certain, that is not the same person who did this "All About Love" cover. If there was any sense, rhyme or reason in this world, the person responsible for the "All About Love" cover, and that Ben guy would be employed somewhere in the graphic arts department to create exceptional covers for Motown's re-issue projects [[if and when they continue.)

That looks like one of the ones Bradsupremes may have created. Is that your work Brad?

I like it and enjoy these
    Very cool

This would have been a great cover for Greatest Hits, volume 3.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    This would have been a great cover for Greatest Hits, volume 3.
    Definitely! This is better than what Motown did by miles. That Volume 3 cover is astonishingly bland. This cover is eye-catching, vibrant colors - I'd frame this and display it on the wall.

oh my
    the SUPREMES type is both bigger and bolder than Diana's tsk tsk!!

and I wish they'd insisted Cindy put down her cell phone during the shoot!

@bradsupremes was this your work?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    @bradsupremes was this your work?
    Yes, I did this. It's from 15 years ago when I was on a mock-cover kick. My skills are much better now and I've done a lot to make them as authentic as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Yes, I did this. It's from 15 years ago when I was on a mock-cover kick. My skills are much better now and I've done a lot to make them as authentic as possible.
    OK. If your skills are much better than this, that's scary because this is about as perfect as you can get. No, scratch that. This IS perfect. I've seen tons of mock-covers and this one stopped me cold. Literally, I just kept staring at the image for a good long time. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Beautifully done Brad! Unfortunately, if I ever run across you in person, I'm going to pop you in your face. In all these years of "I wish the Supremes had recorded that", I don't believe I've ever once thought about them doing "As Long As There Is L-O-V-E Love". Now I'm pissed that it will forever ring in my soul that there's an almost zero percent chance they ever did it. Thanks Brad. Thanks a lot.

Thank you all for the kind words. I appreciate it. I don’t make them as much as I used to but here’s a few I’ve done within the past few years.
    Name:  IMG_5868.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  12.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5870.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  13.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5869.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  11.8 KB

Brad, these are incredible. I forgot that I had seen the Marvin Gaye album, and I really thought maybe it was one of those Hippo-Select items, only not even Hippo-Select had artwork this well-done. I absolutely love the way you utilized that typeface, is that Bodoni, maybe? I know it's the font [[or very close to it) used on those Motown Greatest Hits packages from the mid '60s. The way you've got all the song titles listed. The Supremes cover- Fantastic two-tone blue background, great graphic design with the ladies "emerging" from that sort of "V"; We all know Motown seemed to stiff Martha & The Vandellas in the album release department and your cover looks like so completely of that '63/'64 era.

Do you work in graphic design by profession? If not, you definitely should be.