[REMOVE ADS]

Denise LaSalle Tribute CD

Ever since she passed five years ago, I have been hoping that Malaco or any label for that matter would release a decent retrospective or some kind of tribute to the late great Denise LaSalle, but so far nothing has been forthcoming and I guess after this much time nothing will.

However I just noticed on Amazon that a singer named Aretta Woodruff, whom I have never heard of, has released a CD entitled "A Tribute to Denise LaSalle." From the brief description given, it sounds as if she might have been a friend of the family and was encouraged to record this. Apparently it will have cover versions of Denise songs, and "Love Reputation" is specifically mentioned.

However, there is no track listing given, so does anyone have that or any other information about this CD? Heikki, where are you when I need you???????

Hi David!

Please find below some more information. There you can also listen to the tracks. She really is a lot Denise-like singer, and has opened up for her numerous times.

https://musicmaker.bandcamp.com/albu...denise-lasalle

It was good that you found this Alabama lady.

Best regards
    Heikki

Thanks for such a prompt and informative response. I may give this one a try even though there will never be another Denise. While I have your attention, do you know anything about the recently-announced Westbound Records re-issue campaign and do we think any of Denise's albums from that era will be among the ones re-issued? If so, bonus tracks would be great, but I am not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Thanks for such a prompt and informative response. I may give this one a try even though there will never be another Denise. While I have your attention, do you know anything about the recently-announced Westbound Records re-issue campaign and do we think any of Denise's albums from that era will be among the ones re-issued? If so, bonus tracks would be great, but I am not holding my breath.
    While there's nothing yet by Denise LaSalle from Westbound's new reissue program, Ace Records UK does have these CDs by her available.

Denise LaSalle - Trapped By A Thing Called Love / On The Loose - Ace Records

Denise LaSalle - Making A Good Thing Better [Complete Westbound Singles] - Ace Records

Thanks Eddie for sharing this information. It might help others but I already have everything she ever released. That is why I was hopeful that there was some vault material or that Malaco would release at least "something" after she passed.

Hi David!

It seems that Westbound's partner in these reissues, Org Music, isn't giving any advance information about their releases. We just have to wait and see what they're coming up with after the Ohio Players.

Best regards
    Heikki