[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ace UK and Real Gone Music - Any New Motown-Related Product Ever Coming? Ever?

Anyone in the know: Does Ace UK have any Motown material CDs in the pipeline? Motown Girls/Men? Anything?

Admittedly, part of me thinks that the lack of releases directly by Universal has trickled down to Ace UK and Real Gone Music. Someone please tell me I'm wrong and things are planned for release in what remains of 2023 or starting in 2024?

We've been so lucky for the last 10+ years to have a fairly steady schedule of releases from Universal, Ace UK, and Real Gone Music. Now, it feels like the whole Motown market is considered dead. The way releases have generally stopped in the last few years reminds me of the early-to-mid '90s when it seemed NOTHING Motown was being released. Plus, back then, the internet wasn't really used for marketing the way it is/can be today. It's been a weird feeling not having several upcoming Motown releases on my online wishlist. My bank account may be healthier for it, but my music-loving soul sure feels sad without any upcoming releases to anticipate.
    Last edited by danman869; 09-17-2023 at 09:08 PM. Reason: typo