[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Songwriting Legend Ron Miller's Family In Legal Fight Over Royalties.

You may wish to take a look at this Facebook page for RON MILLER SONGWRITER which contains information that precedes the latest article in MUSIC BUSINESS WORLDWIDE. The Facebook page pays tribute to the legacy of Ron Miller who was an amazing songwriter.

https://www.facebook.com/RonMillerSongwriter

Taken from the article in MUSIC BUSINESS WORLDWIDE - [[a link to the full complaint can be found in that).

"Miller, known best for co-writing For Once In My Life – a track that became a Hot 100 hit for Tony Bennett, a No.2 hit for Stevie Wonder, and was also recorded by Diana Ross, Frank Sinatra, The Temptations and others – died in 2007, but his heirs have become embroiled in a complicated dispute over his royalties.

In 2022, Sony Music Publishing reportedly signed a deal with one of Miller’s children, Lisa Dawn Miller, to administer the rights for 130 of the late songwriter’s compositions.

Now two of Lisa Miller’s half-siblings, also children of Ron Miller, allege that she gained control over those copyrights by illegitimate means, and have gone to court over the matter.

In a complaint filed September 7 with the US District Court for the Central District of California, Western Division, Julie Moss and Mark Miller allege that Lisa Miller “launched a scheme to usurp control” of a 50% share of Ron Miller’s copyrights from his wife from his second marriage, Aurora Miller."

Please note that I am just providing links to publicly available information on the web - I'm not expressing any opinion on the matter. Lisa Dawn Miller is not the same person who had records issued by Motown under the name Little Lisa.

Please read the full article here -

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.c...ver-royalties/
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 09-16-2023 at 06:01 PM.

Over 38 Termination Notices, there are around 290 song titles of which some are duplicated. I've put them into an Excel Spreadsheet but rather than hit you with a huge list, I've selected a few song titles which readers of this Forum will undoubtedly be familiar with. This should give a flavour of what's being contested in the matter.

A Place In The Sun
    A Warmer World
    After The Ball
    Big City Babies Don't Cry
    Down To Earth
    Fancy Passes
    For Once In My Life
    Gotta See Jane
    Green Grow The Lilacs
    Had You Been Around
    Heaven Help Us All
    Hello Broadway
    If You Won't Let Me Walk On The Water
    Is Anyone Here Goin' My Way
    It Ain't Easy Comin' Down
    It Happens Every Time
    I've Never Been A Woman Before
    I've Never Been To Me [[Female Version)
    Just Another Morning
    Kickin' Stones
    Muck-Arty-Park
    One Out Of Every Six
    Someday At Christmas
    Sure Is A Lotta Woman
    Takes All Kinds Of People
    The Bigger Your Heart Is [[The Harder You'll Fall)
    The Last Song
    The Prime Of My Life
    The Touch Of Time
    Travelin' Man
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Me
    We're Always Saying Goodbye
    Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
    You Could Never Love Him [[Like I Love Him)
    You're Gonna Love My Baby