[REMOVE ADS]

3 Degrees send up Diana Ross and The Supremes Ed Sullivan 1970

Their harmony always sounds so very much upfront...and it was tight...always. People think the Supremes had a lot of member changes....I can't keep up with how many members the 3 Degrees had...a few of the girls in the 3 Degrees took leaves and returned ...They are the longest running female group in history....GEE BABY I'M SORRY...the original SWAN label issue is a doo wop girls group classic...

did Valerie swipe Mary's horrible GIT Finale wig???? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Their harmony always sounds so very much upfront...and it was tight...always. People think the Supremes had a lot of member changes....I can't keep up with how many members the 3 Degrees had...a few of the girls in the 3 Degrees took leaves and returned ...They are the longest running female group in history....GEE BABY I'M SORRY...the original SWAN label issue is a doo wop girls group classic...

did Valerie swipe Mary's horrible GIT Finale wig???? LOL
    I thought the Velvelettes were the longest running female group?

Gotta really love The Three Degrees - what's remarkable is in 1970 they hadn't yet reached their golden period of hits with Philadelphia International. Amazing harmonies. They are celebrating 60 years this year and have 2 members from the 60s in Helen Scott and Valerie Holiday plus one time member of the Supremes/FLOs Freddie Poole.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Gotta really love The Three Degrees - what's remarkable is in 1970 they hadn't yet reached their golden period of hits with Philadelphia International. Amazing harmonies. They are celebrating 60 years this year and have 2 members from the 60s in Helen Scott and Valerie Holiday plus one time member of the Supremes/FLOs Freddie Poole.
    Helen Scott is no longer with the Three Degrees. She's been replaced by Tabitha King.

I'm all for satire and all that, but I don't think this "send up" is particularly good. I mean they have on Supreme style dresses and hair, but they don't sound or move anything like the Supremes IMO. DR is so easy to lampoon, you'd think this would have been classic.

I think Helen Scott is still a member and Tabitha King was just a temporary replacement for Helen. But I am usually wrong, so there's that

https://www.facebook.com/HelenScottOfTheThreeDegrees/