[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Extended version of "Dancing In The Street"

For those of you who can't get enough of hearing this song [[and I count myself in that category), our own Midnight Johnny has produced an extended version of this song on Youtube lasting 5:15. I am hoping it's a taster for the 30 minute version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpiEh...&feature=feedu

I am a die hard Supremes fan but I always thought Martha and the Vandellas had better dance steps! I normally dont like extended versions of songs but this is really good. Thanks Midnight and Xtown.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    For those of you who can't get enough of hearing this song [[and I count myself in that category), our own Midnight Johnny has produced an extended version of this song on Youtube lasting 5:15. I am hoping it's a taster for the 30 minute version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpiEh...&feature=feedu
    John...thanks!
    And Stephanie....thanks so much too...glad you both like it!

John...30 minute version? HAAAAaaaaaa.....I would have done one but youtube has a 15 minute [[new) limitation for the stuff I put up....and I suppose that it's a good thing!

theboyfromxtown...I agree, I still can't get enough of this one..and this remix is indeed 25 minutes too short....!

Stephanie...I agree, the Vandellas did have better dance steps [[and I can think of at least one Supreme who would agree too!). I wish they had dressed and moved like that for the Ed Sullivan show performance. Would have been more appropriate than those ball gowns and more restrained moves, and maybe could even have clinched that so nearly number one spot...

midnight johnny...brilliant, yet again! So, how many Motown remixes of yours have there been to date, and are they all still available...and, for those like me who are a little inept with their computer skills, where may we find all of them, please?

More, please.....

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    theboyfromxtown...I agree, I still can't get enough of this one..and this remix is indeed 25 minutes too short....!

Stephanie...I agree, the Vandellas did have better dance steps [[and I can think of at least one Supreme who would agree too!). I wish they had dressed and moved like that for the Ed Sullivan show performance. Would have been more appropriate than those ball gowns and more restrained moves, and maybe could even have clinched that so nearly number one spot...

midnight johnny...brilliant, yet again! So, how many Motown remixes of yours have there been to date, and are they all still available...and, for those like me who are a little inept with their computer skills, where may we find all of them, please?

More, please.....
    westgrand....thanks VERY much for that! I really don't know how many Motown remixes I've done....maybe at least 300 on youtube that I have posted...and 453 altogether [[Motown and non-Motown).
    This is the youtube link to my channel. Here you can get to any or all of the extended versions I've done. I appreciate your interest and kind words...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ptownmotowndj

Midnight johnny

A big thank you from all of us!

That link is just what I was looking for.

I will now check it out.

I may be gone some time......

Midnight johnny

A big thank you from all of us!

That link is just what I was looking for.

I will now check it out.

I may be gone some time......

................thank you, R.....

Some very slick editing, but it won't let me download it Grrrrr!

Johnny is THE remix genius!! Keep the Motown remixes coming please, but I would love to hear more non-Motown remixes as well. Thank you for all the pleasure you give to all of us!!

Love it! Thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Diamond View Post
    I got it! If you tell me how to send it....contact me by adding gmail.com to my moniker

Stone....thanks!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    Johnny is THE remix genius!! Keep the Motown remixes coming please, but I would love to hear more non-Motown remixes as well. Thank you for all the pleasure you give to all of us!!

Mike...you are very kind...glad you like them. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    Love it! Thanks for this!

1382hitsville....thank you!

JL's favorite!

JP has done so many great Motown remixes!

Rob.....thanks....I truly appreciate that.

Come See About Me [[radio edit of 2011 remix)

It's great that these remixes and mashups are keeping an interest in Motown.

Just come across this Supremes one.

http://youtu.be/mZ7a_u_PP2Y

I know that you will love it ?

This London based DJ has now done lots [[over 20) of Motown tracks and has developed a really good group of followers in the London area.

You owe it to yourself to listen to ALL of Midnight Johnny's extended remixes!!

Mike....thank you so much for your support. Some bad news...for me anyway...all of my 459 remixes have been taken down from youtube. You will be able to hear some of those [[and some new ones) on "Nightflight" on Tuesday, and I am looking around for a new site to upload the remixes to.

Dang, and I never got to hear it...have you tried dailymotion.com , Johnny?

This is gonna affect someone like me quite seriously because I would listen to Johnny's remixes almost every night. Fortunately, I recorded most everything that he did..and thank goodness I did too.

John - I am sorry this has happened. I don't know the circumstances why but I really hope it doesn't dampen your enthusiasm.

theboyfromxtown

Well said!!! [['He was really sayin' something' !!)

midnight johnny

Keep us all informed. I know you will.....

WHAT!! Awwww Dang. That's just WRONG!!! Please let us know when you've found a new site....life just ain't the same without your remixes.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Dang, and I never got to hear it...have you tried dailymotion.com , Johnny?

Thanks, Splanky! I've looked at Dailymotion. It's pretty annoying with the ads and i'm not sure if they would handle my videos the way youtube has. But I appreciate the suggestion...thanks!

John

This is gonna affect someone like me quite seriously because I would listen to Johnny's remixes almost every night. Fortunately, I recorded most everything that he did..and thank goodness I did too.

John - I am sorry this has happened. I don't know the circumstances why but I really hope it doesn't dampen your enthusiasm.
    Thanks, John! You've been one of my longtime cheerleaders, and I am so very grateful for your support for so long. My enthusiam? Well...I'm okay....and I still plan to make these extended versions [[I have some new ones for tomorrow night's radio show)...I just wish I had a place to house them.

John

theboyfromxtown

Well said!!! [['He was really sayin' something' !!)

midnight johnny

Keep us all informed. I know you will.....
    Thanks, WestGrand....most appreciated!

John

Quote Originally Posted by texassoul View Post
    WHAT!! Awwww Dang. That's just WRONG!!! Please let us know when you've found a new site....life just ain't the same without your remixes.
    Mike....thanks so much...I appreciate your support! Listen to the show tomorrow. I will continue to periodically play precious and new remixes on "Nightflight".

John

midnight johnny

You say you wish you had a place to house your extended versions...

Well, I just wish Universal would give you a load of money for the Motown ones, put them in the vaults with the rest of all those great,great master recordings...and then release them straight away, on to the general market...where they darn well deserve to be.

Then, we'd ALL be happy....

p.s. with a member name like mine, maybe I should buy an old house in Detroit [[there must be plenty for sale), have the garage converted into a recording studio, and we could store them there....?!!
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 07-12-2011 at 06:31 AM.

where'd it go? although I've always enjoyed your remixes MJ...seemly not everybody feels the same way...which is a great shame.

mr soul.....thanks for your support!

midnight johnny

You say you wish you had a place to house your extended versions...

Well, I just wish Universal would give you a load of money for the Motown ones, put them in the vaults with the rest of all those great,great master recordings...and then release them straight away, on to the general market...where they darn well deserve to be.

Then, we'd ALL be happy....

p.s. with a member name like mine, maybe I should buy an old house in Detroit [[there must be plenty for sale), have the garage converted into a recording studio, and we could store them there....?!!

westgrand...please....email Harry and Andy....they won't listen to me...maybe they'll listen to you!

midnight johnny

Maybe if I email them and say 'Hi, Harry & Andy, this is Berry Gordy', do you think there's a chance - ?!

They'd probably just say 'But Berry, you don't own the company any more....!' lol!

There has to be another way.

Who mixes/masters/assembles the new Universal/Motown release these days?

Couldn't they sub-contract you to make a project of it?

Anyone else have any ideas, I wonder....

midnight johnny

Maybe if I email them and say 'Hi, Harry & Andy, this is Berry Gordy', do you think there's a chance - ?!

They'd probably just say 'But Berry, you don't own the company any more....!' lol!

There has to be another way.

Who mixes/masters/assembles the new Universal/Motown release these days?

Couldn't they sub-contract you to make a project of it?

Anyone else have any ideas, I wonder....
    Haaaa....yeah....they would say to Berry..."Begone! You have no power here [[what a smell of sulpher)!"

What I was told...when I was brazen enough to ask directly...is that Harry is the 'decider". Not sure who does the new stuff, but since I only deal with the old stuff...I think it would be Harry.
    westgrand....thanks for your interest...and energy. You make me smile about this somewhat disheartening development.
    John

midnight johnny

Well, if Harry is the man, then maybe Harry will see this thread.....

Or, someone in touch with him will alert him, for comment...

Hint, hint......

Hi John, I don't know for sure how it works but I've listened to some stuff on grooveshark.com In fact, I believe it was you that told me about the site

Midnight Johnny why don't you start a Private Blog, and put your remixes up on it, that way you can invite people you can trust not to go running around; brown nosing copyright holders.
    A good one is Blog.com, but there are others, and as I and others on here have missed a lot of your remixes, it gives us a chance to collect them; without having to worry about "Big Brother" stamping his boot down on it.
    Just a thought!

Midnight Johnny why don't you start a Private Blog, and put your remixes up on it, that way you can invite people you can trust not to go running around; brown nosing copyright holders.
    A good one is Blog.com, but there are others, and as I and others on here have missed a lot of your remixes, it gives us a chance to collect them; without having to worry about "Big Brother" stamping his boot down on it.
    Just a thought!
    StoneDiamond....thanks for the suggestion! It seems that Blog.com has it's own 3rd party limitations, and it seems as though it will let you post LINKS to videos that are homed on another site [[such as youtube). A good try, though! It seems as though I will try youtube again, but I will be very careful to only use video and audio material from KNOWN friendly companies [[UME has been very good to me and has not had an issue with my posting the remixes, seeing them more as promotion as opposed to copyright infringement).

So for those interested, I have started to post previous remixes...here is the link to my channel...and thank you all for your support and continued interest.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mosogotam
    Last edited by midnight johnny; 08-06-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks for the link, can you do my Fav Motown record The Four Tops "I Can't Help Myself", or if I've missed it, can you put it up again cheers. As an ex-DJ [[La Discotheque, The Last Chance Saloon, & The El Toro) I really enjoy what your doing, and if Motown had an eye to selling more records, it'd be a good idea for them to compile a CD of your mixes.

I just had to sit through another session on copyright / copyleft / fair use law at work...just curious, has anyone who's uploaded Motown vids to YouTube gotten an actual "cease and desist" order from Universal, or just warnings from YouTube?
    Last edited by vcq; 08-07-2011 at 07:58 AM.

midnight johnny

Join DateAug 2010Posts10,882

Originally Posted by Stone Diamond
    So for those interested, I have started to post previous remixes...here is the link to my channel...and thank you all for your support and continued interest.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mosogotam

Last edited by midnight johnny; Yesterday at 09:34 PM.
    I joined up, but as "Stone Diamond" was already taken, I'm there as "DieOldGreyWolf", as "TheOldGreyWolf" was taken also taken . . . Many Thanks

Thanks for the link, can you do my Fav Motown record The Four Tops "I Can't Help Myself", or if I've missed it, can you put it up again cheers. As an ex-DJ [[La Discotheque, The Last Chance Saloon, & The El Toro) I really enjoy what your doing, and if Motown had an eye to selling more records, it'd be a good idea for them to compile a CD of your mixes.
    Thanks, SD...I am uploading it now.
    John

Thanks, John...one of my favorites too [[and I LOVE that intro *wink).

I joined up, but as "Stone Diamond" was already taken, I'm there as "DieOldGreyWolf", as "TheOldGreyWolf" was taken also taken . . . Many Thanks

Thank YOU, SD! And here's the link to "I Can't help Myself"...hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AYmUS6wExw

John
    Last edited by midnight johnny; 08-07-2011 at 09:36 AM.

John Lester...here's that "other" one you wanted.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx7ial56GX4

You're too slow for me...I was there instantly!!

LOLOLOL

I learnt a long time ago to get that download quick before it's taken off

John

Soul Appeal, shoe Leather Expressway .......but you need to put back Dancing in the Street cos this is what this thread is about!! Then I will edit my post above and put the new link.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    Thank YOU, SD! And here's the link to "I Can't help Myself"...hope you enjoy!

John
    Superb . . . Appreciated

Alan

Midnight Johnny

I love your "I can't help myself" remix, especially once it gets past the first 1.50 mins ...!

For some unknown reason that I can't quite explain, the mono Funk Brothers version with Earl Van Dyke's added piano, while sounding great, also sounds discordant to my ears. Almost as if it's off pitch with the band track and the strings.

Something tells me it's slightly different with the stereo version, but it's a while since I heard it.

Anyone here able to tell me which CD[[s) feature[[s) the stereo version, please?

I don't know why but I seem to have a touch of deja vu!!!!

STML 11200