[REMOVE ADS]

Least Favorite Songs: Michael Jackson

It's been awhile since we did one of these

What are you least favorite songs by Michael?

Jackson 5, Jacksons, solo, if he sings it's all fair game

As before I'[m going to make the argument that this only counts for songs released in his lifetime. Posthumously released songs shouldn't count, but that's just my opinion

I suspect the real answer is an album cut from wither late Motown J5 or his solo Motown albums

But here are my picks:

Of his hit songs: I Just Can't Stop Loving You. I've never liked this one

Money and DS from HIStory - Ugh

State of Shock from Victory - Duet with Mick Jagger. I'll admit that I like it at the time [[gimme a break I was 8 years old) But listening to it now, it really is dreadful, and the end where Mick just keeps repeating "You got me" over and over and over again is particularly awful

What are your picks?

Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You [[Audio) - YouTube

Michael Jackson - Money [[Audio) - YouTube

Michael Jackson - D.S. [[Audio) - YouTube

The Jacksons, Mick Jagger - State of Shock [[Official Audio) - YouTube

"Hum Along And Dance" is bad [[not good).

My least fav Michael Jackson songs are most of them.

"Be Not Always"-The Jacksons [from Victory]
    "Childhood [Theme From Free Willy 2]"-Michael Jackson [from HIStory - Past, Present And Future - Book I]

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    That's a little insensitive. How can you not like the early songs that the Jackson Five sang? They had some great songs IMO.

Never liked "Thriller" [[although always been in awe of the songwriter, Rod Temperton's Heatwave output).

I always discounted J5 except "I Want You Back", but recently discovered many great album tracks and some unreleased ones. Think "Maybe Tomorrow" fantastic.

Apologies for turning thread around to a MJ / J5 appreciation!

my least fave Michael Jackson is "Ben" from that rat movie. My absolute fave is "Just A Little Bit of You"on Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    my least fave Michael Jackson is "Ben" from that rat movie. My absolute fave is "Just A Little Bit of You"on Motown.
    Motony, you must have really loved the original cover of the "Ben" LP with that hideous rat in your face!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15462095852...mis&media=COPY

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I second that emotion!

I hate ABC....loved I Want You Back, The Love You Save, I'll Be There, Never Can Say Goodbye...never heard Maybe Tomorrow on the radio...not bad, but not a fav....the later stuff came out during my rock freak years, so I am not familiar with anything other than the biggest hits...loved Billie Jean and Say Say Say....

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    LOL, must be the worse Motown LP cover of all time! Maybe that was Michaels' pet.

Utterly Painful

Just because young Michael could reach some high notes doesn't mean that he should be recorded doing so. My choice of a crime against listeners is his version of ''All The Things You Are'' from his Music and Me album. The Broadway showtune was written in 1939 and has been ably recorded by many singers and musicians. This does not mean that Michael's producers - Mel Larson & Jerry Marcellino - should have inflicted such aural pain upon the little poppet's fans, turning the Broadway standard into an unbearable screech-a-thon in 1973. The song should never have appeared on any album and would have benefitted from being one of those recordings that stayed undiscovered and unreleased forever.
    Last edited by TomBairdFan; 09-11-2023 at 12:23 PM.

Can't really blame Michael for this but one of the absolute worst Jackson 5 songs is their cover of 'Bridge Over Troubled Water.' But Jermaine's on leads and it's the arrangement that's terrible so it's all Motown's fault.

From Michael’s non-stop hit era, my least favorite by far…

BAD!!

Got the Hots.
    [[And technically it was released in his lifetime as a bonus cut on Thriller 25 in Japan).

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    "Hum Along And Dance" is bad [[not good).
    Just listened to this again. it's been ages since I heard it

yeah, it's not great

And I love the Tempts version

It's a two way tie for me: Say, Say, Say and Ebony and Ivory. Both are just plain awful and unlistenable.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    It's a two way tie for me: Say, Say, Say and Ebony and Ivory. Both are just plain awful and unlistenable.
    Michael had nothing to do with "Ebony and Ivory." That was Paul and Stevie.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Michael had nothing to do with "Ebony and Ivory." That was Paul and Stevie.
    Thanks for the correction. But E&I is complete dreck. The Girl Is Mine is the song that I couldn't remember. It's another song covered in dreck.