[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross sings HB to Beyonce on stage

Bey/DR better full clip

Found a much better clip:
    Quote Originally Posted by mindful1 View Post

AMAZING and iconic for two queens on the stage. Diana doesn't usually do things like that but it was special.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    AMAZING and iconic for two queens on the stage. Diana doesn't usually do things like that but it was special.
    No doubt she was paid well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    No doubt she was paid well.
    Trust and believe!

I am not sure about paid well - she has always praise Beyonce and I think Evan and Tracee might have been at the helm but at any rate it was historic for me and many. TWO QUEENS !!!

This is so funny to me lol most Diana Ross Fans can't stand Beyonce, thy have told me how much they dislike Beyonce,but when ever they say the reason they don't like her it's BS, I think they are JEALOUS that Beyonce is The Biggest Female Singer In The World, she has WON more Grammy's, then any female singer,i've seen these same Diana Ross Fans[[not all) post all over Social Media, how wonderful it is, and they should record music together lol these are the same people, that said that Beyonce's latest album/cd Renaissance was gonna flop lol and don't get me wrong, back in the day no one could touch Diana, Today no one can touch Beyonce, plus it's a different time, it was nice to see then both Beyonce and Diana Ross Together.
    Last edited by REDHOT; 09-06-2023 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    This is so funny to me lol most Diana Ross Fans can't stand Beyonce, thy have told me how much they dislike Beyonce,but when ever they say the reason they don't like her it's BS, I think they are JEALOUS that Beyonce is The Biggest Female Singer In The World, she has WON more Grammy's, then any female singer,i've seen these same Diana Ross Fans[[not all) post all over Social Media, how wonderful it is, and they should record music together lol these are the same people, that said that Beyonce's latest album/cd Renaissance was gonna flop lol and don't get me wrong, back in the day no one could touch Diana, Today no one can touch Beyonce, plus it's a different time, it was nice to see then both Beyonce and Diana Ross Together.
    Yay!!! The cattiest and funniestpost of the decade. Well done my dearTony.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    where were you Lucky enough to meet “most” diana ross fans?
    I will go on the record, saying that I know a lot of diana ross fans and it’s true that a lot of them aren’t fans of Beyoncé, but I don’t recall ever hearing how they can’t stand her. Music and entertainment have progressed a great deal and a lot of diana ross fans have not progressed with them and don’t relate to Beyoncé. Although I’m sure there are some who just positively can’t stand her, although I don’t know why what’s not to like? Or I guess I should say what is there to dislike? I can’t call myself a fan, but I surely respect what she has done. I think if you go to any of the major diana ross fans sites, you will not see a bunch of people hating on Beyoncé.

there is one person best qualified to gauge the popularity variance between Diana and Beyoncé, and that’s diana ross. She chose to appear on stage with her, sing with her, or to her, and didn’t seem at all intimidated that I noticed. Yet, she’s fully aware how mega big Beyoncé is. If she’s not jealous,……. But you’re right there will always be some fans like that, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near a big percentage. It’s the same thing with mary wilson fans, they are accused of being jealous haters. And there are some, but I wouldn’t say most.

it’s great seeing these two icons together, and they both looked great. It’s hard to compare Ross’ sequins and feather aesthetic to Beyoncé‘s mode o’ day, and there’s going to be fans in both camp that don’t understand that both women are killing it with their own brand of glamour.

What really kills me is that the mouth-breathers go apoplectic about how trashy Beyoncé's outfit is, when it's a copy of the exact bodysuit look Diana rocked at Central Park and elsewhere back in the day and about which they never said a mumbling word. Hypocrisy must be on sale for half-off. Make it make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    where were you Lucky enough to meet “most” diana ross fans?
    I will go on the record, saying that I know a lot of diana ross fans and it’s true that a lot of them aren’t fans of Beyoncé, but I don’t recall ever hearing how they can’t stand her. Music and entertainment have progressed a great deal and a lot of diana ross fans have not progressed with them and don’t relate to Beyoncé. Although I’m sure there are some who just positively can’t stand her, although I don’t know why what’s not to like? Or I guess I should say what is there to dislike? I can’t call myself a fan, but I surely respect what she has done. I think if you go to any of the major diana ross fans sites, you will not see a bunch of people hating on Beyoncé.

there is one person best qualified to gauge the popularity variance between Diana and Beyoncé, and that’s diana ross. She chose to appear on stage with her, sing with her, or to her, and didn’t seem at all intimidated that I noticed. Yet, she’s fully aware how mega big Beyoncé is. If she’s not jealous,……. But you’re right there will always be some fans like that, but I don’t think it’s anywhere near a big percentage. It’s the same thing with mary wilson fans, they are accused of being jealous haters. And there are some, but I wouldn’t say most.

it’s great seeing these two icons together, and they both looked great. It’s hard to compare Ross’ sequins and feather aesthetic to Beyoncé‘s mode o’ day, and there’s going to be fans in both camp that don’t understand that both women are killing it with their own brand of glamour.
    This post is so on point for me! I agree with your whole post, Motown Maniac, every word and thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post

I'm no fashionista but my impression of that nude jumpsuit with the hands and arms all over it maybe seemed clever on paper but the actual execution would've been given a fail on those runway shows.

I'm just dreading the cheap knockoffs that will come to Dress For Less and the fat asses that will be wearing them at Target.

well count me in I am a Diana Ross fan and a Beyonce fan. I love them both and what they have contributed. More power to our beautiful queens and thank you Diana and Beyonce to announce there is room at the top.

Mathew Knowles himself posted this clip of Diana on "The View" from 19 years ago on IG today. The lady is downright prescient.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxXfzYkyn...wZn8gUAP-X-3G4
    Last edited by sansradio; 09-08-2023 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I'm no fashionista but my impression of that nude jumpsuit with the hands and arms all over it maybe seemed clever on paper but the actual execution would've been given a fail on those runway shows.

I'm just dreading the cheap knockoffs that will come to Dress For Less and the fat asses that will be wearing them at Target.

i’m howling! Thank you for the howl!

The Beyonce Renaissance Show is the most spectacular, visually stunning concert I have ever witnessed -- in my 40 years as a regular concert-goer, having seen all your favs and mine. I've seen it twice already and I will forever regret that I missed the show where Ross came onstage. That would have been quite a moment for me.

I have not been a huge Beyonce fan. Her voice is not even close to my favorites but I recognize that she is a very talented vocalist. She is an extraordinary, second-to-none live performer. The Renaissance Show is a huge, sprawling spectacle and it is executed with breathtaking precision night after night. My hat is completely off to Beyonce, she deserves all the plaudits she receives for being a flawless performer.

I doubt Ross was paid anything, she was probably offered an honorarium and likely refused it. Beyonce's 3-night engagement at SoFi was THE event of Summer 2023 in Los Angeles. Our Miss Ross embraced the opportunity to sashay out to 80,000 unsuspecting souls and gag the sold-out audience with her unmatched splendor.

It was an epic moment, one for the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    What really kills me is that the mouth-breathers go apoplectic about how trashy Beyoncé's outfit is, when it's a copy of the exact bodysuit look Diana rocked at Central Park and elsewhere back in the day and about which they never said a mumbling word. Hypocrisy must be on sale for half-off. Make it make sense.
    Well...you said THAT! Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Well...you said THAT! Nicely done.
    Name:  IMG_4321.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  11.8 KB
    I’m saying, though. And Beyoncé’s the scary wokity-wokity-woke-woke-woke Black devil. Explain it to me like I’m three. [[And thanks!)

I’m saying, though. And Beyoncé’s the scary wokity-wokity-woke-woke-woke Black devil. Explain it to me like I’m three. [[And thanks!)

They don't know, they just talking...

Beyonce's wardrobe is mind-blowing. About 15 costume changes and almost NO repeats for the entire tour. That particular catsuit is dazzling and the only item she wears at every show.

They don't know, they just talking...

Beyonce's wardrobe is mind-blowing. About 15 costume changes and almost NO repeats for the entire tour. That particular catsuit is dazzling and the only item she wears at every show.
    I’m so jelly! Glad you got to see her. Too rich for my blood, I’m afraid, but the YouTube captures have been nothing short of magnificent.

three might be a bit advanced.

Must silence any and all upsetting ideas about: Beyonce's enrapturing and completely woke stage costume !!

I know, I'll bring race into it, that one always works. Let's go with "scary wokity-wokity-woke-woke-woke Black devil!".
    Hee haw

and ho hum.

^^^

Now do the hypocrisy part.

did somebody wear silver??

I'm a Diana Ross fan who is not a fan of Beyonce. She does nothing for me. I do love some of her songs, but it's always the song itself that gets me. In other words, if someone else was singing them, I would probably still like it. For me, Beyonce is no Martha Reeves. But I don't have to tear her down in favor of my favorites. That's just silly.

I'm probably in the minority of people who couldn't have cared less that Diana sang happy birthday to Beyonce. If she aint singing it to me, big deal. But I'm always glad to see her out and about, looking good, looking as though she feels good and being respected as the legend that she is.

Diana looked fabulous and exuded her class and charisma as she came onto the stage. When she sang the opening line of the birthday song; however, I was screaming, "Girl, you pitched it too high. You'll never be able to finish it!" Seriously, I realize that she was probably caught up in the moment and this was not a 'performance' resulting in her beginning the song out of her comfort range. It was indeed a touching moment to see these two on stage together.

I do recall over 10 years ago when Diana was being recognized with outstanding recognition award on, I think it was BET, a televised show where her children introduced her. In her speech, Diana talked about what she thought made her to be able to sustain longevity in her career. She made a statement to the effect that young women didn't need to take off their clothes [[and I am paraphrasing); and then the camera jumped to Beyonce who was in the audience.

KUDOs to Beyonce's outfit which was so reminiscent of what Diana wore at her Central Park concert.

Would loud make it make more sense ??

Well for one thing there wasn't the internet back then so who knows what people were thinking. I probably would've said its not my favorite look for her. It certainly wasn't anything new, here's Olivia in 1980:

It suits a certain body type of which all the said ladies fulfill ... without over-fulfilling.

It's not exactly a copy, or surely Beyonce would've said something like "look I wore this just for you". The critical difference is obvious, unlike Diana's bright fuchsia suit, Beyonce's is purposely skin-toned to give an illusion that she's nude with gloved hands "cleverly" accentuating her private behind-closed-doors areas.

In this video when she squirms around in the presence of Miss Ross, at certain angles it looks like she's pleasuring herself [to put it delicately].

The contrast of the two together that's part of the issue, it's as though a misplaced Diana has dropped by a strip joint, all you need is a pole in the center to complete the effect.
    Someone said Beyonce changes clothes eighty-four times in this show, so surely she could've come up with something a little more respectful to share the stage with Our Miss Ross.

....then go ahead and return to being your nasty ol' 42-year-old mother-of-three self as you see fit.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-11-2023 at 02:29 PM.

Picked off Facebook

No doubt history was made when Diana Ross serenaded Beyoncé at SoFi stadium. But history is also being learned...by millions.

The enormous response following Diana's appearance has been swift and "nuclear"... with over 100 million social media clicks on 'Diana and Beyonce' in just 48 hours!

Fans globally [[across demographics) are now mining [[and creating) side-by-side photos of Diana and Bey, streaming their concert footage, movies, photos, videos, interviews and endless hit music catalogs.

This once-in-a-lifetime event directly reminds legions of core fans and educates new generations about Ms. Ross as the groundbreaking blueprint diva... and demonstrates how Beyonce is furthering the art form in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Picked off Facebook

No doubt history was made when Diana Ross serenaded Beyoncé at SoFi stadium. But history is also being learned...by millions.

The enormous response following Diana's appearance has been swift and "nuclear"... with over 100 million social media clicks on 'Diana and Beyonce' in just 48 hours!

Fans globally [[across demographics) are now mining [[and creating) side-by-side photos of Diana and Bey, streaming their concert footage, movies, photos, videos, interviews and endless hit music catalogs.

This once-in-a-lifetime event directly reminds legions of core fans and educates new generations about Ms. Ross as the groundbreaking blueprint diva... and demonstrates how Beyonce is furthering the art form in this era.
    I hope they don’t think Diana singing “Happy Birthday” is what she usually sounds like.

Most people focus on the positive.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Most people focus on the positive.
    Tongue in cheek dear, tongue in cheek.

The whole thing is still screwy. Why is Beyonce running out as if she's interrupting Diana Ross performing on stage?
    "Hi it's me!!"
    "Why Beyonce, what are you doing here in the middle of your own concert???"
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-13-2023 at 01:12 AM.

The whole thing is still screwy. Why is Beyonce running out as if she's interrupting Diana Ross performing on stage?
    "Hi it's me!!"
    I agree, the whole thing looks rather haphazard with Diana appearing completely lost at times. Pleased it’s generated lots of interest though.
    I feel a new chapter coming on.

It appears to me, based on this clip and other recent performances, that Diana is now entering her "talk singing" era; where an artist now speaks the lyrics of a song, or uses the old "sing with me" with the microphone outstretched towards the audience ruse. Many of her peers [[Neil Diamond comes to mind) perform this way. Let's face it, the Diana Ross of 2023 sounds nothing like the Diana Ross of 1973 or 1983. AND THAT'S OKAY, lol. That's not to be critical. Diana STILL gives you a show; the glitz, the sequins, the hair, 110% diva. No need to hang up the heels just yet; the kids are grown and out of the house, and she still has caviar to pay for. If anything, everything needs to be dropped a few keys so Diana can use her lower register. It's time to retire the high AAAH's from "Mountain".

I agree marybrewster, most of her fans wouldn't notice it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    It appears to me, based on this clip and other recent performances, that Diana is now entering her "talk singing" era; where an artist now speaks the lyrics of a song, or uses the old "sing with me" with the microphone outstretched towards the audience ruse. Many of her peers [[Neil Diamond comes to mind) perform this way. Let's face it, the Diana Ross of 2023 sounds nothing like the Diana Ross of 1973 or 1983. AND THAT'S OKAY, lol. That's not to be critical. Diana STILL gives you a show; the glitz, the sequins, the hair, 110% diva. No need to hang up the heels just yet; the kids are grown and out of the house, and she still has caviar to pay for. If anything, everything needs to be dropped a few keys so Diana can use her lower register. It's time to retire the high AAAH's from "Mountain".

If anything, everything needs to be dropped a few keys so Diana can use her lower register
    Particularly when attempting to sing “Happy Birthday.

Diana Ross turned 42 in 1986.

Who should've sung Happy Birthday to her ??

Diana Ross turned 42 in 1986.

Who should've sung Happy Birthday to her ??
    Great question- off the top of my head- Lena Horne maybe ?

"Hi it's me!!"
    I can't with y'all sometimes...

Ross' appearance at the show was a SURPRISE for Beyonce. During her Renaissance show her four background singers regularly perform the slow intro of "Love Hangover", with each taking a vocal turn, while Beyonce is backstage changing into her showstopping catsuit. It is usually revealed in an elaborate clamshell set piece where she reclines while singing "Plastic Off The Sofa" -- I know it sounds ridiculous but you'll just have to trust me that it is impossibly glamorous.

This night, during the "Love Hangover" segment Ross entered from stage left -- or right -- to began singing the song in lieu of the girls. Beyonce RUINED her own fabulous catsuit reveal to race out to greet her idol. It was a beautiful, sincere moment.

I can't with y'all sometimes...

Ross' appearance at the show was a SURPRISE for Beyonce. During her Renaissance show her four background singers regularly perform the slow intro of "Love Hangover", with each taking a vocal turn, while Beyonce is backstage changing into her showstopping catsuit. It is usually revealed in an elaborate clamshell set piece where she reclines while singing "Plastic Off The Sofa" -- I know it sounds ridiculous but you'll just have to trust me that it is impossibly glamorous.

This night, during the "Love Hangover" segment Ross entered from stage left -- or right -- to began singing the song in lieu of the girls. Beyonce RUINED her own fabulous catsuit reveal to race out to greet her idol. It was a beautiful, sincere moment.
    How much of a SURPRISE was it if EXTRA had reported it earlier in the day?

https://extratv.com/2023/09/04/diana...iiun43lDjWzF-I

How much of a SURPRISE was it if EXTRA had reported it earlier in the day?

https://extratv.com/2023/09/04/diana...iiun43lDjWzF-I
    I'm thinking that Bey knew that Diana was coming to sing "Happy Birthday," but not that she would perform "Love Hangover" in place of the background vocalists who usually do it.
    Last edited by sansradio; 09-15-2023 at 12:24 PM.

"Hi it's me!!"
    That was the weirdest part of the whole thing for me. LOL

This momentous occasion is featured in the "Renaissance" movie and it is a lovely tribute to the legacy and influence of Miss Ross. Preserved for posterity.

This momentous occasion is featured in the "Renaissance" movie and it is a lovely tribute to the legacy and influence of Miss Ross. Preserved for posterity.
    Niiiiiice!!!!