[REMOVE ADS]

Unfounded Rumor: Will Diana Perform at the Renaissance Tour in L.A. Tonight?

My partner stumbled across this on FB this evening. I don’t know on what authority this person is posting this, but I sure hope it’s true! Anyone hear any other buzz?:
    Name:  IMG_9328.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  12.8 KB

I could see her attending the concert but performing is probably a stretch. But who knows?

Fabulous! One good birthday turn deserves another! So excited! Thanks, jobeterob!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Fabulous! One good birthday turn deserves another! So excited! Thanks, jobeterob!!!
    I'm glad I was wrong. This will be nice.

I meant to mention a while back that “Love Hangover” is performed on this tour. Diana will enjoy that.

nice the famous son will be there. A shame the non-famous one couldn't
    or maybe he wasn't invited.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjYtbsAn/ She sang happy birthday Looking like a goddess , Beyoncé saying there would be no me with out you , this is Epic

For those not on TikTok:

Totally amazing moment! Two Queens! Thank you for posting.

So awesome! It's really lovely that she did this. Here is the full video, with Diana's entrance. Seems there was a tech issue with the audio, at the beginning...

Love her entrance with all of the glitter and lights. She looks amazing! I'm sure she gained a few new young fans last night.

Last edited by carlo; 09-05-2023 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    So awesome! It's really lovely that she did this. Here is the full video, with Diana's entrance. Seems there was a tech issue with the audio, at the beginning...

Love her entrance with all of the glitter and lights. She looks amazing! I'm sure she gained a few new young fans last night.

Spectacular. The Children are losing their minds! Thanks for posting, carlo!

Boy that was some poorly executed self-serving clap trap.

What an image those two side by side. One looks classy and one looks trashy [I would've thought wokeness would mean not flaunting yourself like a cheap piece of meat like that. I wouldn't be surprised if when she was rubbing herself all over her, Diana wasn't thinking "ewww"].

[I'm glad Diana managed those stairs OK]
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-05-2023 at 01:51 PM.

Awwww so nice - Queen B sung at Diana's party and Diana returned the compliment. Finally something on a positive vein.

“I twirl on them haters/Albino alligators…You know you that b**** when you cause all this conversation/Always stay gracious, best revenge is your paper.” - Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, “Formation,” 2016
    Last edited by sansradio; 09-05-2023 at 04:01 PM.

...I see..... as long as I'm bangin' buck, I don't care what anybody thinks of how I'm going about it....spoken like a true capitalist pig ..... he ha twirl away girl, go get their money !!....

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    “I twirl on them haters/Albino alligators…You know you that b**** when you cause all this conversation/Always stay gracious, best revenge is your paper.” - Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, “Formation,” 2016
    I was glad Diana managed the stairs

I thought they both looked incredible and Beyoncé was so kind and gracious

The torch is truly passed this time and hopefully Beyoncé has the longevity of Diana and avoids the pitfalls of Elvis and Michael and Whitney

I see Diana took a page from Mary Wilson's Motown 25 playbook and didn't conform to the dress code Beyonce has imposed at her concert that everyone [[including all audience members) must wear metallic silver.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I was glad Diana managed the stairs

I thought they both looked incredible and Beyoncé was so kind and gracious

The torch is truly passed this time and hopefully Beyoncé has the longevity of Diana and avoids the pitfalls of Elvis and Michael and Whitney
    Yes! Such a powerful moment for the ages—two Black female icons—one the blueprint, the other the acolyte—showing each other love across the generations. The culture wins. And the haters can die mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I see Diana took a page from Mary Wilson's Motown 25 playbook and didn't conform to the dress code Beyonce has imposed at her concert that everyone [[including all audience members) must wear metallic silver.
    That crossed my mind, too—but who’s gonna tell Diana The Ross what to wear? ;D

I love them both. At 35, I'm pleasantly surprised how many folks in Gen Z know Diana Ross and her music.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    I love them both. At 35, I'm pleasantly surprised how many folks in Gen Z know Diana Ross and her music.
    Restores your hope for the future, doesn’t it? ��

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    We’re supposed to wear metallic silver ?? I can’t stand silver. Is the birthday girl going to
    be wearing silver ??

“Nope!”

Rhonda, fetch me my black slinky one.

I thought she would do this for free??? No?

“Happy Birthday” needed to be in a lower key with Diana struggling a bit here.
    From a personal perspective, i have always found Beyoncé to be as ordinary as Diana is special, though nice to see the two divas sharing some mutual respect here.

I thought she would do this for free??? No?
    I tend to think she did do it for free. Beyonce came to her 75th birthday celebration and sang to her. I doubt she paid Beyonce for that. She would have attended as a friend. There's no way Diana would have expected payment to appear on stage for Beyonce's birthday. If anything, maybe Beyonce's team sent a limo for her, as a courtesy, and they likely made sure that she had a nice space backstage to get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    “Happy Birthday” needed to be in a lower key with Diana struggling a bit here.
    From a personal perspective, i have always found Beyoncé to be as ordinary as Diana is special, though nice to see the two divas sharing some mutual respect here.
    Exactly , a total mess, but wonderful to see Diana's still got chutzpah. Too bad they didn't do some LOVE HANGOVER together , but as it was it hardly got sang anyway. [What is it with Diana and trouble with sound systems?]

Don't know what the big deal is of the 42 birthday, but if you're going to parade it around maybe some balloons or cake to pass around or something corny to top it off and make it inclusionary instead of it just being, "let's hear it for me !"

Having Diana traverse that extensive unfamiliar stage seemed ill-advised. That dress was dragging on the floor. [who thought that was a good idea??? Evan!!!] Thank goodness that part went well.

Just watched the above recording.....and does Diana seem to be looking around for Beyonce?? [where in the heck is she??] Did Beyonce miss her cue?? Maybe they were supposed to do some of that HANGOVER together.

Maybe Diana saw that extended stage and just couldn't resist. When Beyonce finally comes out she's looking for Diana, thinking, "why in the world is she way out there??" and has to run! Good thing she was wearing her exercise garb. he haw!

Added:
    Beyonce dismisses Diana towards exit stage left, wrong! and a stage hand finally runs over and properly guides her backstage.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-06-2023 at 12:42 PM.

I tend to think she did do it for free. Beyonce came to her 75th birthday celebration and sang to her. I doubt she paid Beyonce for that. She would have attended as a friend. There's no way Diana would have expected payment to appear on stage for Beyonce's birthday. If anything, maybe Beyonce's team sent a limo for her, as a courtesy, and they likely made sure that she had a nice space backstage to get ready.
    This makes sense.

It’s easy to forget that they are just people and most of them weren’t born with golden spoons.

They can be somewhat normal and have relationships and feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Exactly , a total mess, but wonderful to see Diana's still got chutzpah. Too bad they didn't do some LOVE HANGOVER together , but as it was it hardly got sang anyway. [What is it with Diana and trouble with sound systems?]

Don't know what the big deal is of the 42 birthday, but if you're going to parade it around maybe some balloons or cake to pass around or something corny to top it off and make it inclusionary instead of it just being, "let's hear it for me !"

Having Diana traverse that extensive unfamiliar stage seemed ill-advised. That dress was dragging on the floor. [who thought that was a good idea??? Evan!!!] Thank goodness that part went well.

Just watched the above recording.....and does Diana seem to be looking around for Beyonce?? [where in the heck is she??] Did Beyonce miss her cue?? Maybe they were supposed to do some of that HANGOVER together.

Maybe Diana saw that extended stage and just couldn't resist. When Beyonce finally comes out she's looking for Diana, thinking, "why in the world is she way out there??" and has to run! Good thing she was wearing her exercise garb. he haw!

Added:
    Beyonce dismisses Diana towards exit stage left, wrong! and a stage hand finally runs over and properly guides her backstage.
    Yes it sucks it really would've been cool if the Love Hangover clip went off so much better! [[and Ollie I agree with your points as well)

This makes sense.

It’s easy to forget that they are just people and most of them weren’t born with golden spoons.

They can be somewhat normal and have relationships and feelings.
    Unfortunately a lot forget they weren't born with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Unfortunately a lot forget they weren't born with them.
    It often seems that way brad.

I was following this show on social media. Beyoncé fans mentioned quite a few times how there were issues with the sound, and microphones, throughout the show.

Here are some of Tracee's photos and video that she had posted to her Instagram...

Name:  carlojoey_ed9a14c624584e84a5a244d7e4d8b578.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  90.4 KB

Name:  carlojoey_768d78576010488a8819c5eb49c7cd5e.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  91.1 KB

Name:  carlojoey_87cb9d719fe642d993a6aa75cc0a2daa.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  carlojoey_a4dcee9974434456b5fddcf80f56a7d4.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  81.2 KB

Name:  carlojoey_59f2b48f816542e29bb7d0b33e4971fa.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  88.5 KB

No golden spoon to be found in the above shot. Looks like they are using wooden spoons for their caviar!

Video:

https://youtube.com/shorts/i3QubPP6m...R-aA2f3IG6QNQV

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I was following this show on social media. Beyoncé fans mentioned quite a few times how there were issues with the sound, and microphones, throughout the show.
    Yes. There was also a big issue with the sound at her show in Phoenix last week. The entire sound system failed mid-performance and Beyonce ended up having to walk off the stage to address it. I'm sure her show is very technical and unfortunately these things happen.

Here are some of Tracee's photos and video that she had posted to her Instagram...

Name:  carlojoey_ed9a14c624584e84a5a244d7e4d8b578.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  90.4 KB

Name:  carlojoey_768d78576010488a8819c5eb49c7cd5e.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  91.1 KB

Name:  carlojoey_87cb9d719fe642d993a6aa75cc0a2daa.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  carlojoey_a4dcee9974434456b5fddcf80f56a7d4.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  81.2 KB

Name:  carlojoey_59f2b48f816542e29bb7d0b33e4971fa.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  88.5 KB

No golden spoon to be found in the above shot. Looks like they are using wooden spoons for their caviar!

Video:

https://youtube.com/shorts/i3QubPP6m...R-aA2f3IG6QNQV

Thanks Carlo. Some fascinating pics! wish Tracee include some narrative with each one!

From Evan’s restaurant or from a caterer?

That would have warranted more than a plastic or wooden spoon; maybe a silver plastic spoon?

Great pictures

Added:
    Pass around balloons and cake? LOL. SOFI stadium holds 70,000 people and im afraid the Lord Jesus was busy that night. Passing cake or ballons around would have taken about 96 hours. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Pass around balloons and cake? LOL. SOFI stadium holds 70,000 people and im afraid the Lord Jesus was busy that night. Passing cake or ballons around would have taken about 96 hours. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    ahh just a bit much to drop some balloons or for Tracee to bake a cake you say ?? None-the-less I bet the guys in the band and the stage workers and the event volunteers would've appreciated even a small piece from some overblown glittering silver cake that gets wheeled out with 42 candles blaring.
    Well OK, how about this then instead ... a tin of caviar wrapped in silver and a plastic spoon for each fan as they enter through the turnstile...

AND
    a reveal from Diana that there's a copy to be found of her THANK YOU project taped underneath each and every fan's seat !

Amazing. No hint of advancing years in how Diana tackled those stairs or in these pics. Perhaps she was there to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Amazing. No hint of advancing years in how Diana tackled those stairs or in these pics. Perhaps she was there to make a point.
    The more I look at those moments the more treacherous the whole thing seems. Diana is sort of shoved out onto an unfamiliar stage that is masked in low fog with bright lights in motion from every angle, she has to maneuver those stairs while singing and with no handrails while dragging her dress. That could have really gone bad.
    I'm thinking of staging that goes tragic and poor Curtis Mayfield .

Hopefully this was rehearsed or there was a walk-through for her but I'm not convinced she was supposed to descend that.
    If they signed off on it, I bet Evan got more than an earful from one of the sisters when they got home!!

[Yes Ollie she looks really good in those unstaged photos. One of those or something similar would've been a good cover for her Thank You project]

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/i3QubPP6m4U
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-07-2023 at 12:49 PM.

I wonder if Diana got any sales or play bump-up after all the recent press?

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I wonder if Diana got any sales or play bump-up after all the recent press?
    What's kind of satisfying for me is that LOVE HANGOVER is turning into her most identifiable song, at least at this time , 2023, anyway.
    That dreadful disco stuff she wanted nothing to do with and everyone said was a flash in the pan !!

What's kind of satisfying for me is that LOVE HANGOVER is turning into her most identifiable song, at least at this time , 2023, anyway.
    That dreadful disco stuff she wanted nothing to do with and everyone said was a flash in the pan !!
    Ironically, i never thought Diana appeared comfortable when performing “Love Hangover” live. The slow intro being never quite breathy or sultry enough, with a tendency for the whole thing to sound a little safe and pedestrian. It lacked the funk and vibrancy of when she performed “Upside Down” with Jamiroquai..

I’m not even a major Beyoncé fan but that clip made me quite emotional - it’s so great to see Diana still doin’ her thing and getting all that love…and when she says to B., “If you need me, call me…I mean it!” [[or at least that’s what I heard) was a lovely touch…

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    I’m not even a major Beyoncé fan but that clip made me quite emotional - it’s so great to see Diana still doin’ her thing and getting all that love…and when she says to B., “If you need me, call me…I mean it!” [[or at least that’s what I heard) was a lovely touch…
    yes, call me but only if you need me... and I mean it!!

Ollie9:

Ironically, i never thought Diana appeared comfortable when performing “Love Hangover” live. The slow intro being never quite breathy or sultry enough, with a tendency for the whole thing to sound a little safe and pedestrian. It lacked the funk and vibrancy of when she performed “Upside Down” with Jamiroquai..
    Interesting and it makes sense. LOVE HANGOVER is a product of some creative studio work. Its a concentrated version of a long sultry session that took prompting just to create the right mood. Projecting that live at will , would be a challenge. Donna never enjoyed performing her intimate carrying-ons that were created in the confines of a dark studio in front of thousands of staring eyes.

yes, call me but only if you need me... and I mean it!!

Interesting and it makes sense. LOVE HANGOVER is a product of some creative studio work. Its a concentrated version of a long sultry session that took prompting just to create the right mood. Projecting that live at will , would be a challenge. Donna never enjoyed performing her intimate carrying-ons that were created in the confines of a dark studio in front of thousands of staring eyes.
    I wouldn’t have expected it to sound as polished as the recording, but i feel the song was never taken very seriously, often used as a brief musical interlude to change frocks.
    I would have loved a mashup of “Love Hangover” and “Upside Down”.

I see what you're talking about:

She looks super bright-eyed here shall we say .

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    Judging on Spotify streams, it's mainly I'm Coming Out, Upside Down and Endless Love with Ain't No Mountain High Enough a distant fourth. Hard to judge just from that show because I know a lot of Millennials and young Gen X-ers going to Beyonce's shows.

Added:
    Sounds like it was a hot mess. I was also confused as to why she was there on the stage by herself. Wasn't she supposed to come after Beyonce was onstage as a "surprise"???

Her running over to Diana... maybe it's just the age thing finally creeping up on Diana and she missed her cue?