[REMOVE ADS]

But Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow

Thanks for the info. The book looks interesting.

Good stuff! Thanks for the tip, lake!

sounds like a GREAT read. Thanks for posting.

I hope someone has proofread the book better than the website:

But Will your Love Me Tomorrow

This documentary comes to mind. I've never read the book version.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    I hope someone has proofread the book better than the website:

This documentary comes to mind. I've never read the book version.

GIRL GROUPS: THE STORY OF A SOUND was amongst the first videos I ever bought, back in 1984 when I bought my first VCR.

I found the book some time later in a bookstore discount bin. It is well worth purchasing if you can find it.

Thanks for heads up. I just ordered the book.

The book arrived last night.I've a few others to read before I can read this, but I did check the back of book to find out who was interviewed specifically for this book [[and not just excerpted from old interviews or published books) and they include Mary Wilson, Katherine Anderson, Cal Gill, Millie Gill, Bertha and Norma Barbee, LaLa Brooks, Nedra Talley-Ross, Martha Reeves, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    GIRL GROUPS: THE STORY OF A SOUND was amongst the first videos I ever bought, back in 1984 when I bought my first VCR.

I found the book some time later in a bookstore discount bin. It is well worth purchasing if you can find it.
    I also bought Girl Groups: The Story Of A Sound when it came out on VHS in the '80s [and I also had the book written by Alan Betrock too]. Excellent documentary! And thanks to Lakeside for sharing the news about this new book about the Girl Group Sound, Will You Love Me Tomorrow.

Back in the day, I bought "Girl Groups: The Story Of A Sound" VHS [[and, later, the DVD), as well as the book, and also the companion CD which was, oddly enough, released on Motown of which only 9 songs out of 16 were Motown recordings. The tracklist can be seen on the CD disc in the link below.

Girl Groups-Story of a Sound Motown https://a.co/d/cmYSs8m
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-10-2023 at 03:06 PM.

A few years after the successful "Girl Groups: The Story Of A Sound" came out, another Girl Group book was released titled "Girl Groups: Fabulous Females That Rocked The World" by John Clemente. As much as I liked the first Girl Group book, I loved this new book even more. This book covered not only the groups in the first book, but also many, many more. Both books were my Girl Group Bibles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37489694540...mis&media=COPY
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-10-2023 at 04:31 AM.

I just finished this book and found it to be a great read. For me, it was especially interesting to read about groups that I didn't know much about, like the Bobbettes or the Chantels. And of course, I'm always down for a good read on the Supremes, Vandellas, and Marvelettes, even if I think I already know everything.

Note: Some of the interviews weren't done for this project, something that is noted in the book's intro. For examples, some of the Ronnie Spector and Ellie Greenwich quotes are taken from the home video GIRL GROUPS: THE STORY OF A SOUND.

All in all, I think it is a worthwhile effort and a nice addition to my library.

I've never read an Earl-Jean interview. Is she interviewed in any of the aforementioned books?

while visiting my nephew in Humble Tx. this past week end there was an actual bookstore in an actual thriving Mall & I saw the book & purchased. I did a quick read & loved it! I gave it to my brother last night to do a thorough read & I'll re-read when he gives it back. I really enjoyed the concept how it was presented...different group members giving their perspective of a certain event. I can not remember if Earl-Jean of the Cookies was interviewd, it was Margaret for sure.