[REMOVE ADS]

Joyful Jukebox Music - 1976 - J5 on CD

Well at least it's a release. Previously they've re-released other Jackson CDs including "Boogie". Plus, of course, Marvin Gaye, Temptations and Rare Earth. I will buy this new release too. Thanks for the heads up.

Music on CD are releasing something else credited to Michael Jackson with The Jackson 5 on November 10th 2023 but it's yet to be confirmed what it actually is.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ah yes, that well known lost album entitled "To Be Confirmed" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Ah yes, that well known lost album entitled "To Be Confirmed" lol.

I'm guessing it's either a greatest hits re-release or a pre-Motown compilation.

In my dreams it is something new and we finally hear The Jackson 5 covers of Ain't No Mountain High Enough that were supposedly recorded.

Worth pointing out that "Joyful Jukebox Music" was issued as The Jackson Five featuring Michael Jackson so it could well be one and the same thing even though some of the details seem slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatkliqkid View Post

In my dreams it is something new and we finally hear The Jackson 5 covers of Ain't No Mountain High Enough that were supposedly recorded.
    I wonder if we'll ever get to hear the rest of the J5/Stevie Wonder sessions? Buttercup is amazing.

I have JJM on vinyl but I'd like to have it on CD too. It and "Boogie" are the only J5 albums I don't have on CD. It's not a good record though.

Yes some of that unreleased material seems intriguing - would be great to hear but I can't see Music On CD being the ones to release it. They tend to do straight re-issues of previous CDs although Jermaine Jackson's "Come Into My Life" was new to CD.

"Boogie" was released by Music On CD in 2022 so well worth looking that one up - MOCCD14145 [[2022) Boogie [[CD).

I really hope Music On CD get to re-issue the Jackie Jackson album.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I really hope Music On CD get to re-issue the Jackie Jackson album.
    That I also have on vinyl, thanks to eBay. Is It Him Or Me? is a great tune. I think any of those boys could have a had a hit with the right song plus decent promotion.

The previous CD releases of "Joyful Jukebox Music" have all been as 2fers [[2 albums on 1 CD) along with the "Boogie" album. These have all included an uncut 15.07 bonus track in "Hum Along And Dance" [[not my fave J5 track though). The first issue was the Hip-O-Select release in 2004.

https://www.discogs.com/master/35696...x-Music-Boogie

It's now on the Music On CD website -
    https://musiconcd.eu/product/jackson...jukebox-music/

Amazon have updated the To be confirmed album. It's Michael Jackson with The Jackson 5 - Live! Which was what "In Japan!" was released as in the UK and Europe in 1988. I'll be cancelling that pre-order then as I already have In Japan.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-09-14 190152.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  69.5 KB

Goodness that is a surprise. 2 "new" releases in one month. They're really going at the Jackson 5 Motown catalogue aren't they? Still a welcome release if anyone hasn't already got the "In Japan" album - but the EU release did get an inferior cover [[in my opinion anyway). Jackie Jackson would be most welcome if they can get to do that one.

I really hope Music On CD get to reissue the Jackie Jackson album and also the J5 Greatest Hits [[ Quad Version ).