[REMOVE ADS]

If u could.what DR album,would u remix

Looking back at Diana career, if there was album that u could remix, be producer, what album would you overhaul.

For me, Ross 78
    Although there are songs I like,
    Never Say I Don't Love You.
    You Were The One
    Lovin Livin Givin
    i would save Reach Out I'll Be There for a hits collection.
    Drop Together all together.
    And Sorry Doesn't Always Make It Right. Probably also add to the hits album.
    I would have hired Greg Wright as producer.
    Russ Terrana did a great job mixing.
    I would use many of the gems from Diana expanded such as Fire Don't Burn, Summertime Lovin.
    You Tear Me Down to Build Me Up
    Your turn
    Last edited by daviddh; 08-27-2023 at 06:09 PM.

Eaten Alive! This could have been a much better package, beginning with the title and cover art. The I Love You cover art [[ironically from a 1985 photo shoot) would have been perfect for the “Chain Reaction” “Experience” or “Watching You…” album.

The single, not really a true representation of the album, should have been released far ahead of the album using the original album cover art. Once the single failed, there would have been time to resequence the album or simply replace the song.

I’d drop the keys on I’m Watching You, Love On The Line and Don’t Give Up, decrease the Bee Gees sound and add a bit more Diana Ross. The original album is just too much Bee Gees! Record Being In Love With You as a duet with Barry Gibb to add variety and showcase their style.

Release Chain Reaction and the album simultaneously. The failed Eaten Alive single is distanced from the album and would not have hurt it.

I’ve really been overthinking this…
    Last edited by JohnnyB; 08-28-2023 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Eaten Alive! This could have been a much better package, beginning with the title and cover art. The I Love You cover art [[ironically from a 1985 photo shoot) would have been perfect for the “Chain Reaction” “Experience” or “Watching You…” album.

The single, not really a true representation of the album, should have been released far ahead of the album using the original album cover art. Once the single failed, there would have been time to resequence the album or simply replace the song.

I’d drop the keys on I’m Watching You, Love On The Line and Don’t Give Up, decrease the Bee Gees sound and add a bit more Diana Ross. The original album is just too much Bee Gees! Record Being In Love With You as a duet with Barry Gibb to add variety and showcase their style.

Release Chain Reaction and the album simultaneously. The failed Eaten Alive single is distanced from the album and would not have hurt it.

Some great ideas Johnny, of which I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post

Lol. You really can't overthink redoing this album. It could have been so much better redone. I like your thoughts on it.
    Re: the cover, The I Love You cover photo is fine, but I think an important, anticipated album, following the successful Swept Away, needed a dynamic or exciting cover. By the way, what was up with the strangely unappealing, imo, RCA album covers?! [Eaten Alive, Swept Away, Ross 83]
    Chain reaction really should have been the lead single. I think it would have been a much bigger pop hit, not just outside the US. I like the idea of releasing Eaten Alive either way earlier or maybe just after Chain Reaction had peaked on the charts. The single Eaten Alive definitely needed redoing, but probably had to be released to capitalize on the MJ connection.
    Yes, yes, yes on decreasing the Bee Gees sound.

Ironically ,EA was my second choice for an overhaul.
    I agree with most of what you have already stated
    The cover artwork was just ok for me.
    I would have issued Chain Reaction first and the title cut as a video dance mix only.
    But I thought the album was more soulful than I expected. With Barry Gibb, I expected a more pop sound.
    I love the idea of the duet with Barry. Never thought of it before but I think that would have been a winner

i totally agree with the comments on EA and Ross 78. so for sake of doing something different, i'll do Workin Overtime!

first the songs mostly needed to be recut in a lower key. she's straining way too much on the vocals on many of the tunes

second it would remove a couple of the tunes and swap for more Adult Contemporary/R&B sounds. fine that she's attempting to dive in head first into the swing, jack but maybe balance the material with some other sounds

new cover art - the art was just hideous.

new lead single - Bottom Line is probably the best tune on the album.

Bottom Line and Paradise are the two songs I liked..the rest I barely remember.
    Maybe Russ T needed to mix this album also

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Silk Electric. That desperately needs a remix. I find quite a lot of it almost unlistenable with the echoes. It's a harsh sounding album.

I would love to see a remixed and imagined album that focussed on some on some of the better songs from her rca years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I would love to see a remixed and imagined album that focussed on some on some of the better songs from her rca years.
    I think that would be a great idea.