[REMOVE ADS]

Sirius XM monthly pricing.

I just noticed that two months ago Sirius XM increased my monthly rate from $6.06 to $23.05 [380% increase). I get no monthly bill; it goes against a credit card and I stupidly overlooked it only recognizing that it was Sirius XM.

Has anyone else been subjected to a monumental increase like this? I only have it in one vehicle and nowhere else.

I am shocked that I was given NO NOTIFICATION of the increase. Is this normal?

Has anyone else experienced a unjustifiable increase like this? I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thank you.

I'm amazed that Forum members would even resort to a subscription service with content that doesn't even come close to the depths of individual collections. Subscription services seem to be the norm many companies use to fatten the bottom line. Companies realize that consumers are more likely to go with the flow rather than pay attention to the small monthly drains [[streaming services) or the larger annual drains [[software). I would rather buy something and own it for use and buy again once too many enhancements have been added. The business model sucks IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I just noticed that two months ago Sirius XM increased my monthly rate from $6.06 to $23.05 [380% increase). I get no monthly bill; it goes against a credit card and I stupidly overlooked it only recognizing that it was Sirius XM.

Has anyone else been subjected to a monumental increase like this? I only have it in one vehicle and nowhere else.

I am shocked that I was given NO NOTIFICATION of the increase. Is this normal?

Has anyone else experienced a unjustifiable increase like this? I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thank you.
    yes similar experience for me. was wondering what I was paying suddenly 25 bucks for on my card ... and realized it was Sirius . So I gave them a call and told them all I really wanted was to listen to Dr. Laura when i'm driving... and a couple others ...

So they without fuss got me down to six dollar price...nothing changed in the programming ... still Beatles, Elvis etc..

Just give em a call ...

oh and i think it had a time frame , six months? , so I'd keep an eye out ...

If you know how to talk to them, Sirius is very easy to work with. The $6.00 monthly cost is an introductory rate and when you signed on with them, it probably said somewhere in your fine print that at the end of the trial period, you would be automatically renewed at their "regular" rate, which is the $23.00 deal. The key to getting around that is to keep close tabs on when your initial period expires and as that date approaches, just call them and tell them that you want to continue but not at the new rate. They will then agree to extend your original cost for another year or so. I have been with them for about four years now and have never had any trouble keeping my same rate. All you have to do is make them think they might lose you. I think the last time around I was even able to go online and extend my subscription at the old rate. So I think the only thing you did wrong was to not keep up with the date that your introductory price was scheduled to end.

I would call them & tell them you are going to CANCEL, they usually find a better deal. I have had it since 2004 & every year I go through this.

EXACTLY! They will give you the old rate if they think they will lose you. However in your situation, if you have already been billed at the higher rate, which it sounds like you have, then it might be tougher to get it back down to the $6.00 figure. But like Motony said, if you tell them that you cannot afford the higher rate and you wish to cancel, my guess is that they will give you the old "let me talk to my supervisor" spiel and they will come back on the line and give you your old rate back. Good luck with it.