[REMOVE ADS]

Rachelle Ferrell

Saw this concerning post from singer Toni Scruggs on IG. I've made the referenced link clickable:

SHE'S NOT GONE!! Rest assured!! I'm interrupting my posting hiatus to make this appeal to ask of the fans of one of my living idols, Ms. Rachelle Ferrell,to support her. If you're a fan of mine, then you're a fan of hers.

Her care has been placed in the hands of people other than herself at this time, and those people are asking for help. As her fanbase, I have no doubt that we can.

We've enjoyed her abilities, her music, her story and her contribution to art and humanity as a whole. I think we can show how much we love and support her by contributing financially. I've attached the link below and it's in my bio. Please help in any way you can. https://www.sweetrelief.org/rachelleferrellfund.html
    Last edited by sansradio; 08-26-2023 at 06:49 PM.

https://www.soultracks.com/story-rachelle-ferrell-fund

So sad to read this news as I have enjoyed Rachelle in concert many times over the years. I was always on the edge of my seat waiting for her to sing "Nothing Has Ever Felt Like This".

One year, I went to see her during a snowstorm. Feeling anxious, I called the club ahead of time to make sure that the concert was still on. Of course, they assured me it was. When I got to the club, I found out that Rachelle and her band weren't even there and were still in transit. The club begged the patrons to stay and gave us periodic reports. But after an hour or so, most of us left. I was later told that Rachelle never made it that night.
    Last edited by reese; 08-26-2023 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks, reese. Had a dark-mode cut-and-paste glitch earlier. Praying for healing and light.
    Last edited by sansradio; 08-26-2023 at 06:53 PM.

I am reading Strenght Of A Woman - The Phillys Hyman Story at the moment and finding out Rachelle used to be one of her backing vocalists. Saw Rachelle live in concert At The Paradiso in Amsterdam in 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    I am reading Strenght Of A Woman - The Phillys Hyman Story at the moment and finding out Rachelle used to be one of her backing vocalists. Saw Rachelle live in concert At The Paradiso in Amsterdam in 1992.
    I worked her Individuality [Can I Be Me?] release party in my waiter days. She dazzled us with songs from it on piano and vocals. I interacted with her afterwards and she was the picture of humility and sweetness. This news saddens me terribly.