[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Mary Wilson

Mary Wilson

Hi Folks,

Mary`s dead 2 and a half years already...hard to believe... I admire her perfection and her ability and power to keep the Supremes alive in the 70s for so long. But i have also one negative comment about her: every now and then she never gets tired of mentioning that she was the Supreme doing the "la-la-las" or "uh-uh-uhs". I think she never gets over the point that Diana was "The Boss" without any doubt. Now my question" Did anyone of the 3 Tops besides Levi mentioned anything like that? I cant believe that neither Duke, Lawrence or Obie would have said "I`m one of the Tops who does only the lalalas" :-)

btw: Sorry for my not so good English; I`m from Germany but I do my very best :-)
    Last edited by tamlaboy; 08-21-2023 at 06:12 AM.

This is the wrong forum to post about the dearly departed Mary Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post

..and which Forum is the rigth one in your opinion ?????

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    True but I will say whatever grievances any combo of the 4 Tops had with one another was carefully guarded within the group. They never aired their dirty laundry. From reading Duke's book and listening to interviews, the other Tops were satisfied with Levi doing most of the leads as long as the money was split equally. The only thing Levi ever did on his own was to provide an off-camera voice in Little Shop, and the other Tops were fine with that. It is assumed all four collected the fee for this. Also, Larry Payton got a solo release while at ABC, One Woman Man. It didn't do much but again there were no disagreements among them.

Quote Originally Posted by tamlaboy View Post
    ..and which Forum is the rigth one in your opinion ?????
    Here is the forum for all things Supremes and Supremes Members-related: https://soulfuldetroit.com/forumdisp...Supremes-DRATS

That separate, sub-forum was created several years ago because other forum members were weary from Supremes-related threads "clogging" and bogging down other Motown-related topics. While folks sometimes forget and post Supremes topics here, usually a posting from the original poster asking Ralph to move it over to the correct area is sufficient. No harm, no foul.

okay, thank u

I have moved my thread
    Last edited by tamlaboy; 08-21-2023 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamlaboy View Post
    Hi Folks,

Mary`s dead 2 and a half years already...hard to believe... I admire her perfection and her ability and power to keep the Supremes alive in the 70s for so long. But i have also one negative comment about her: every now and then she never gets tired of mentioning that she was the Supreme doing the "la-la-las" or "uh-uh-uhs". I think she never gets over the point that Diana was "The Boss" without any doubt. Now my question" Did anyone of the 3 Tops besides Levi mentioned anything like that? I cant believe that neither Duke, Lawrence or Obie would have said "I`m one of the Tops who does only the lalalas" :-)

btw: Sorry for my not so good English; I`m from Germany but I do my very best :-)
    this is actually a question about the Four Tops and my thought would be,

if asked , why wouldn't they ?? That's exactly what they did .....[at least in live shows , now on the records , who knows ...]