[REMOVE ADS]

Those Darn Earrings!

As a performer that wears large earrings, I always use a daub of Super Glue to make sure my rhinestones don't drop.

Poor Diana was always losing her pretties:

On Carson:

https://youtu.be/uzaWcZFMk1U

On Sullivan, with the amazing catch, lol:

https://youtu.be/Itn438i30hk

I don't know much about women's accessories but I'm assuming she was wearing clip ons? Lol

Then there's that infamous story of Flo's earring falling off on a Sullivan performance and Diana accidentally stepped crushed it while dancing then Flo blew up on her afterwards about it.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I don't know much about women's accessories but I'm assuming she was wearing clip ons? Lol

Then there's that infamous story of Flo's earring falling off on a Sullivan performance and Diana accidentally stepped crushed it while dancing then Flo blew up on her afterwards about it.
    I believe it was a dress rehearsal for Sullivan where Flo's earring fell off and Diana accidentally stepped on it [[though Flo seemed to think at the moment Diana stepped on it intentionally) which led to Flo attacking Diana in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I believe it was a dress rehearsal for Sullivan where Flo's earring fell off and Diana accidentally stepped on it [[though Flo seemed to think at the moment Diana stepped on it intentionally) which led to Flo attacking Diana in the dressing room.
    Yeah, but wasn't that from "Tony-Tina-Turner"....? So... maybe it did happen, maybe it didn't, but... either way it makes for a fun anecdote!

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Yeah, but wasn't that from "Tony-Tina-Turner"....? So... maybe it did happen, maybe it didn't, but... either way it makes for a fun anecdote!
    It was from J. Randy's CALL HER MISS ROSS. But Tony Turner did write that Flo told him there had been a hair-pulling fight in Vegas as well. Either way, if things escalated to physical violence, I would think Flo's pink slip was written right then.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It was from J. Randy's CALL HER MISS ROSS. But Tony Turner did write that Flo told him there had been a hair-pulling fight in Vegas as well. Either way, if things escalated to physical violence, I would think Flo's pink slip was written right then.
    If, and its a real big if. LOL. Tonita Turner wasn't known for actual facts. Im still baffled that after all this time Tony Turner has yet to provide a photo of him and Flo together. He didnt or couldnt even provide one for his book. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    If, and its a real big if. LOL. Tonita Turner wasn't known for actual facts. Im still baffled that after all this time Tony Turner has yet to provide a photo of him and Flo together. He didnt or couldnt even provide one for his book. LOL
    "Tonita" Turner! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    "Tonita" Turner! LOL!
    uh excuse me. that's MISS Tonita Turner, thank you

I'd like to see a picture of the tasteful plaque that was engraved when Florence rearranged the furniture at Tony Tina Turner's home. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I'd like to see a picture of the tasteful plaque that was engraved when Florence rearranged the furniture at Tony Tina Turner's home. ��
    hahahaha! and you'd think that his mother or his Aunt Estelle would have had the foresight to have a camera at the affair. even just 1 pic of Flo in her finery sitting at her table. given the stories and all about his family, you'd think his mother would have had representatives from Ebony and Jet there too!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I'd like to see a picture of the tasteful plaque that was engraved when Florence rearranged the furniture at Tony Tina Turner's home. ��
    maybe Delcina stole it

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    hahahaha! and you'd think that his mother or his Aunt Estelle would have had the foresight to have a camera at the affair. even just 1 pic of Flo in her finery sitting at her table. given the stories and all about his family, you'd think his mother would have had representatives from Ebony and Jet there too!
    I can't even with the fact that 50+ years later we've yet to see ONE picture of Tonita and Flo.

someone should photoshop a few lol. like him peering from behind the bandstand lol. trying on Flo's gowns

and add to it that that Delcina character was actually a photographer! there's 1 pic of them together with Diana