[REMOVE ADS]

Clarence avant passes

Clarence Avant has passed only a few days after Sixto Rodriguez. Sixto recorded for Clarence Avant's Sussex lable.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ic-1235565979/

May he R.I.P.

Oh, my! End of an era for sure. Well done and may he sleep in peace.

ETA: This could definitely go in the Motown Forum as well, since he was appointed chairman in 1993.
    Last edited by sansradio; 08-14-2023 at 12:25 PM.

I did a lot of business with Clarence Avant through Tera Shirma. The guy was true pro, through and through.

I learned something I was totally unaware of today. The Washington Post carried a 1/2 story on the death of Clarence Avant. They always do extensive research for their obituaries like this.

What I learned was this: Clarence Avant launched a short-lived record label, Venture Records, with former Motown A&R chief William "Mickey" Stevenson. A little known fact about Clarence.
    Last edited by woodward; 08-25-2023 at 07:53 AM.

Here is an ad from an issue of Soul I picked up recently, dated May 6, 1968. Must be Venture was recently launched as Soul is presumably sending best wishes for the success of the company. Mickey is listed as President of the company.
    Darin

Name:  Venture Ad.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  100.0 KB
    Last edited by DWSheffer; 08-24-2023 at 08:08 PM.