[REMOVE ADS]

Lionel ritchie cancels msg concert in nyc while audience is waitng an hour

After fans waited in Madison Square Garden for an hour waiting for the show to start, they finally were told that Lionel had to cancel the show because of severe weather conditions. Earth Wind and Fire were also on the bill. They appeared together the night before in Boston. Weather on east coast was beautiful all day Saturday. In fact many people spent the day at the beaches of NJ and NY. They should have hired a bus or two to drive them from Boston to NY if they couldn't or didn't want to fly. Or at least tell their fans ahead of time.

The show is now scheduled for Monday. Many people sitting in that audience will not be able to afford to go through a second expense.

Many of the fans are mad and skeptical of his explanation, questioning how bad the weather really was on the East Coast and want to know the real reason that the show was cancelled

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-believes-this

Has he done anything like this before?

This doesn’t look very good

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Has he done anything like this before?

This doesn’t look very good
    I never heard of him doing anything like this.

There were thunderstorms and torrential rain across New York City - but these weather fronts did not hit until the early hours of Sunday morning, at which point Richie's concert would have ended.

The day was bright and sunny and the evening was cool and calm. Lionel made a bad decision and 20,000 of his fans have good cause to be mad. Being told after the fact that the show is cancelled. It is a three or four hour drive from Boston. They should have taken that option if they couldn't or wouldn't fly

Plan Ahead

Im sure the background singers and the band and the crew were all on trucks or buses and given Lionels wealth they could have hired a bus or limo to drive from Boston to NYC.

It is really awful to cancel a performance after the scheduled showtime. Audiences paying those kind of prices require more consideration and a better explanation.

I am friends with someone who posted about this on their social media. There was a comment made by a mutual friend who said that something similar happened when she saw him in concert in 2019, when he ended up arriving two hours late. She said his private flight was late and they had issues with landing at the airport near the venue. She suspected he had overslept. Either way, this all sounds very odd, especially if he was only coming in from Boston to NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I am friends with someone who posted about this on their social media. There was a comment made by a mutual friend who said that something similar happened when she saw him in concert in 2019, when he ended up arriving two hours late. She said his private flight was late and they had issues with landing at the airport near the venue. She suspected he had overslept. Either way, this all sounds very odd, especially if he was only coming in from Boston to NYC.
    I think we're friends with the same friend.

The comments on Twitter are scathing. Hotel rooms, Uber rides, and even flights into NY for the show, all lost due to "weather".

if it was weather they would have known something before the scheduled start of the show. Something don't sound right.

Sadly, this sounds like a rich, entitled, out of touch guy who either does understand the consequences of what he did or doesn’t care

Did Earth Wind and Fire go on?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Did Earth Wind and Fire go on?
    I don't think so. They did perform together Monday night to some pissed off fans. He still blamed the weather and the pilot. The odd thing is that it was a beautiful sunny day and a cool evening. Perhaps if Lionel scheduled his flight earlier, he could have spent some sunny time in NYC before he did his show.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/othe...ot/ar-AA1fjDfC

has Lionel made any comments concerning this?

There is lots of information about it on the Facebook site for The Legendary Honey Cone. Shelly Clark is married to Verdine White of EWF.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    There is lots of information about it on the Facebook site for The Legendary Honey Cone. Shelly Clark is married to Verdine White of EWF.
    Sounds like Lionel is doing his best but has challenges just like all of us seniors

can you please change to Lionel RICHIE......it hurts my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by tamlaboy View Post
    can you please change to Lionel RICHIE......it hurts my eyes
    The system will not allow me to make any changes to the heading of the topic at this late date. Or maybe it is just that my internet expertise is as poor as my spelling expertise. Sorry bout that. Does anyone know if there is still a way to change the heading of this thread?

But your timing is perfect for me to help you with your hurting eyes. I kept losing my eye drops and had to keep replacing them. This morning I discovered that my cat was knocking them off the night stand and playing with them. I found another four that she hid under the night table. The eyedrops are wonderful for hurting eyes. I can fax you one of them to ease your eye pain until someone finds a way to change the title.

Ralph, can you help?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    The system will not allow me to make any changes to the heading of the topic at this late date. Or maybe it is just that my internet expertise is as poor as my spelling expertise. Sorry bout that. Does anyone know if there is still a way to change the heading of this thread?

But your timing is perfect for me to help you with your hurting eyes. I kept losing my eye drops and had to keep replacing them. This morning I discovered that my cat was knocking them off the night stand and playing with them. I found another four that she hid under the night table. The eyedrops are wonderful for hurting eyes. I can fax you one of them to ease your eye pain until someone finds a way to change the title.

Ralph, can you help?
    Great answer, my full respect :-)