[REMOVE ADS]

Patti Labelle Raking in Millions with Another career

Good for Patti! Now that's what I call thinking outside the box to diversify your brand in a streaming world. One has to wonder, though: What do these figures translate into net-wise for Patti herself [as opposed to Wal-Mart]?

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Good for Patti! Now that's what I call thinking outside the box to diversify your brand in a streaming world. One has to wonder, though: What do these figures translate into net-wise for Patti herself [as opposed to Wal-Mart]?
    That’s a good question and the good old media just goes for the headline

I personally like her Sweet Potato Pie. Walmart is a great source of sales for items such as this.

It is sad and frustrating that Smokey Robinson's entrees went kaput. I loved the Down Home Pot Roast version. There also were 3 other varieties: Chicken & Sausage Gumbo; Red Beans and Rice; and Seafood Gumbo. These were available in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I personally like her Sweet Potato Pie. Walmart is a great source of sales for items such as this.

It is sad and frustrating that Smokey Robinson's entrees went kaput. I loved the Down Home Pot Roast version. There also were 3 other varieties: Chicken & Sausage Gumbo; Red Beans and Rice; and Seafood Gumbo. These were available in 2008.
    I remember when Smokey put these out. He actually made the local news when he visited an area supermarket.

Patti has a long history of cooking, and had her own cooking tv show. My hunch with Smokey is that he cannot boil water and simply sold his name to be used with food. His name is associated only with music and not food. Thus, not surprised it failed.

Kenny Rogers had a chicken restaurant that was delicious. I ate there often. But, it also failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Patti has a long history of cooking, and had her own cooking tv show. My hunch with Smokey is that he cannot boil water and simply sold his name to be used with food. His name is associated only with music and not food. Thus, not surprised it failed.

Kenny Rogers had a chicken restaurant that was delicious. I ate there often. But, it also failed.
    Ha, that was also the thing that crossed my mind about the Smokey food. Didn't he even once was also selling his worn stage costumes?

About Kenny Rogers, there are still 90 outlets open in Malaysia. A bit of a travel, but worth it. Every time I was there I made sure I had some food there.

https://www.lokataste.com/kenny-roge...red%20services.

That's nice but Patti LaBelle wasn't a Motown act.

Smokey should've upped his food game and named his dishes after his songs...

Going To A Gumbo
    One Heart Beet Salad
    Baby Baby Stir Fry
    The Way You Stew The Things Beef Stew

He also could've made a killing in Smoke Salmon but nobody called me to advise him

^ Don't forget the album Cookin' with the Miracles.