[REMOVE ADS]

A VERY Interesting YouTube Channel...

Check it out if you want to. If you don't want to- don't. But there is an interesting channel happening on YouTube that I just noticed this evening. From what I can tell, a couple of young teenage girls are doing YouTube videos featuring, I guess, "fantasy albums"- tracks they've grouped together into LPs. So far there are only 3, but two of them feature VERY EARLY Supremes tracks and the second album is made up of Florence Ballard's ABC tracks. Normally I wouldn't think, ok cool, but when I saw the girls pictured in their profile pic, my thought was HOW ON EARTH DO THEY KNOW THIS MUSIC? It's especially impressive because their other album is made up of material by Britney Spears; whether or not you like Britney, it's still something that the Supremes are being hyped with a performer so many generations down the line. I subscribed- I've heard the music before, but anyone who is getting the Supremes introduced to newer and newer generations deserves a show of appreciation.

https://www.youtube.com/@jiviepopstu...dalbums/videos

I just came across this video on their main channel and I'm just astonished that this girl is going into some really deep cuts... and talking about them with surprising intelligence for someone so young.

this is wonderful! members of the younger generation wanting to learn and research.

and love the bedroom and the decorations. Charlie's Angels dolls and poster, the Beatles, Betty Boop, Valley of the Dolls.

we should like and comment, letting him know of this forum and to join! to share and learn

I'm very impressed by Jack's understanding of what he's listening to. Seems like that was all done in one take too....

What surprises me, and didn't expect, is he's more drawn to the, shall we say more primitive output from earlier years, absent the glossier later stuff.

And he only wants to include the singing where it's really the Supremes on there ["as far as we know" ....as he puts it.] Imagine including such a notion as a requirement !

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    this is wonderful! members of the younger generation wanting to learn and research.

and love the bedroom and the decorations. Charlie's Angels dolls and poster, the Beatles, Betty Boop, Valley of the Dolls.

we should like and comment, letting him know of this forum and to join! to share and learn
    I've been noticing there are younger fans of Motown but this is so amazing to see the depth of appreciation. The video has the comment feature turned off but I don't know if that's on every video. Still, I love this even more because it's like the love here for the Supremes is so sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I'm very impressed by Jack's understanding of what he's listening to. Seems like that was all done in one take too....

What surprises me, and didn't expect, is he's more drawn to the, shall we say more primitive output from earlier years, absent the glossier later stuff.

And he only wants to include the singing where it's really the Supremes on there ["as far as we know" ....as he puts it.] Imagine including such a notion as a requirement !
    EXACTLY. The appreciation for the earliest, rawer songs surprised me too. I've been loving the Supremes some 40+ years and I STILL have to work on liking the earliest stuff! And he talks about the Andantes in perfect context! Jack is like some kind of Supernatural Supremes Fan!

I skipped through it a bit. I'll have to give it a full watch at some point. But I'm definitely glad to see younger people discovering the group and having a love for it. I remember being this young [[just a couple years ago) and collecting the music, and finding the online message boards where some of the older fans were excited about someone as young as myself loving the Supremes, Motown in general, and old school music in general. It's really good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    EXACTLY. The appreciation for the earliest, rawer songs surprised me too. I've been loving the Supremes some 40+ years and I STILL have to work on liking the earliest stuff!
    We fans are really a mixed bag, aren't we? Lol I enjoy the early period [[60-64) more than some of their later work. Especially once the group became a trio, that 62-64 sound is unbeatable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    We fans are really a mixed bag, aren't we? Lol I enjoy the early period [[60-64) more than some of their later work. Especially once the group became a trio, that 62-64 sound is unbeatable for me.
    Oh My Lord, you're so right- even though we all LOVE the Supremes [[writ LARGE), we definitely come in various "flavors"! My favorite period actually begins with, of all things, "Run, Run, Run." I was 12 listening to that and then somehow my younger [[by 4 years) brothers got into that one and "Lovelight." So from "Run" to "Love Child" is the period that I really enjoy. But as I've been widening out my horizons, I know what you mean about the earlier sounds. That's when the group sound was at it's most pure- no pressure to record Number Ones or mass-appeal covers; the focus was just recording good music and with that in mind, things like "Your Heart Belongs To Me," "Time Changes Things," "You Bring Back Memories," and the unreleased "My Imagination" are pure, 100%, exciting joy and fun to listen to.