[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross | Beatles Medley [[1970)

from her debut show at the Frontier

Thank you for this what’s the name of the second song I never heard for sing this before , great medley

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Thank you for this what’s the name of the second song I never heard for sing this before , great medley
    I believe it’s You Never Give Me Your Money

I like DR's version of Come Together better than the Supremes one...no ones is better than the Beatles, but I am fond of Ike and Tina's version of that and I WANT TO TAKE YOU HIGHER....
    I like DR's Long and Winding Road a real lot...and I've always enjoyed the TOTT Michelle/Yesterday medley....I like A Hard Days Night [[they are tearing that up! first heard it on the Anthology set) You Can't Do That and World Without Love from Liverpool...but don't like I Want To Hold Your Hand and Can't Buy Me Love is a song like Love the One You're With...just hate it a lot...by anyone....[[I think I saw Ella do it on Sullivan once)...they girls did a great version of Something on TV, Eight Days A Week and You Can't Do That from Shindig are my fav TV performances by DMF....I saw Mary do Stevie's version of We Can Work It Out and it was wonderful [[same when she did his Heaven Help Us All...blew me away)

What was the complete set list of the "Let's see if Diana Ross can make it on her own" show?

This is the tracklist of the bootleg Diana Ross Live At the Grove '70 album.
    https://www.discogs.com/release/1065...t-The-Grove-70

1 Don't Rain On My Parade
    2 The Nitty Gritty
    3 Reflections
    4 Rhythm Of Life/Talking 'Bout The Ghetto
    5 Monologue
    6 Is That All There Is
    7 Something On My Mind
    8 Reach Out And Touch [[Somebody's Hand)
    9 For Once In My Life
    10 Supremes Medley
    11 Leading Lady Medley
    12 Everybody's A Star/Band Introduction
    13 My Man
    14 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
    15 I Love You [[Call Me)
    16 Don't Rain On My Parade [[Reprise)

Thanks for the info. A shame a few more songs from her solo debut didn't make the set list. Was the Supremes medley the same medley she was doing with Mary and Cindy the year before? Or was it switched up for the new solo act? And what did the Beatles medley replace in this set?

Diana also did a comic version of the old chestnut "How Dry I Am" in her first solo shows. I haven't heard the bootleg--maybe it's part of the "Monologue" bit?

the medley i have has an interesting intro. she says "missing doing those songs with my friends" not sure what songs she's talking about

but the medley is the same old one. but only her. there are no backing singers

Stop
    My World
    Baby Love

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    This is the tracklist of the bootleg Diana Ross Live At the Grove '70 album.
    https://www.discogs.com/release/1065...t-The-Grove-70

1 Don't Rain On My Parade
    2 The Nitty Gritty
    3 Reflections
    4 Rhythm Of Life/Talking 'Bout The Ghetto
    5 Monologue
    6 Is That All There Is
    7 Something On My Mind
    8 Reach Out And Touch [[Somebody's Hand)
    9 For Once In My Life
    10 Supremes Medley
    11 Leading Lady Medley
    12 Everybody's A Star/Band Introduction
    13 My Man
    14 Ain't No Mountain High Enough
    15 I Love You [[Call Me)
    16 Don't Rain On My Parade [[Reprise)
    How or why was this not included on her debut album expanded edition? Has anyone heard the entire concert?

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    How or why was this not included on her debut album expanded edition? Has anyone heard the entire concert?
    The expanded editions back then were mostly one disc. I suspect if a expanded edition of her solo debut was released now it would include this concert.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    the medley i have has an interesting intro. she says "missing doing those songs with my friends" not sure what songs she's talking about

but the medley is the same old one. but only her. there are no backing singers

Stop
    My World
    Baby Love
    Probably those very songs. Remember on Live at Caesars a few years later she says, in the midst of the Supremes segment, "It does get very lonely up here without my pals...".

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The expanded editions back then were mostly one disc. I suspect if a expanded edition of her solo debut was released now it would include this concert.
    agreed. not only was it 1 disc but you had the length Mountain track and then all of the Bones Howe tracks. there's a maximum run time on cds.

my guess is they added Something On My Mind [[live) because it hasn't been heard live by 99.9999% of us. Sure ROATSH and Mountain were in the show but both have been performed for years.

I have heard the entire concert and it's amazing. Three interesting facts I can tell you: the version of "Something On My Mind" included on the expanded edition of the debut album is edited, because the short dialogue that can be heard in that track is actually from the "Monologue" part of the show which happens right after "Rhythm Of Life/In The Ghetto". Also, the "Leading Lady Medley" is different from the one that was included on the "G.I.T. On Broadway" special. The one Diana performs during the debut concert includes "Let Me Entertain You", for instance. The Beatles Medley was not included on The Grove album.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Ross Fan Club View Post
    I have heard the entire concert and it's amazing. Three interesting facts I can tell you: the version of "Something On My Mind" included on the expanded edition of the debut album is edited, because the short dialogue that can be heard in that track is actually from the "Monologue" part of the show which happens right after "Rhythm Of Life/In The Ghetto". Also, the "Leading Lady Medley" is different from the one that was included on the "G.I.T. On Broadway" special. The one Diana performs during the debut concert includes "Let Me Entertain You", for instance. The Beatles Medley was not included on The Grove album.
    i'm not surprised that they edited that "welcome to the let's see if diana ross can make it own her own show" line into the version on the EE. that's such an infamous statement she made in her first shows

also curious about the Leading Lady medley. i've seen some snapshots from fans of the segment and she's still using a variety of costumes. was wondering how they maybe adjusted the medley to give her time to change clothes? on the special, it was just edited.