[REMOVE ADS]

Mary wilson's gravesite & a video tribute

Name:  mw.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  76.4 KB

A video Tribute to Mary Wilson showing where she is buried with Rafael, it also shows a bit of her home, and the Frontier Hotel where she last performed with Diana and Cindy

Don't care for this guy's video. He's morbid and preoccupied with victimization and wallowing in sadness and grievance.

Thanks for sharing, Milven. There are also a lot of lovely comments on this video, on YouTube. Lots of people sharing kind stories and memories of Mary. It's nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Milven. There are also a lot of lovely comments on this video, on YouTube. Lots of people sharing kind stories and memories of Mary. It's nice to see.
    I'm glad you read the comments Carlo. The posters show a lot of love and appreciation for Mary.

It’s too bad that we just can’t have articles and videos on the Supremes without the need to sensationalize or emphasize the negative - but I suppose that’s part of the legacy.

I guess this is why we get the “blessed and spreading love, I’ve never heard anything negative in my life” from Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Name:  mw.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  76.4 KB

A video Tribute to Mary Wilson showing where she is buried with Rafael, it also shows a bit of her home, and the Frontier Hotel where she last performed with Diana and Cindy

this gentleman clearly has major love for Mary, that’s great. I think a pair of scissors would benefit this a great deal. I wish he didn’t include that video of Mary from two days before because it is so sad, I want to celebrate her life. I understand why he included it. She looks great. I would also lose all those shots of desolate Las Vegas land, stroking that tiger tail and squawking about Diana.

Here I am being bitchy about some thing. Quite wonderful. It’s been along time since I’ve seen that video hit me hard.

The part of the video that really creeped me out was when he drove over to the gated community in Vegas where Mary used to live. I don't know if Turkessa and her family are now there or not, but if so, that was really pushing it in terms of maintaining boundaries, if not crossing over the line. If he had to visit her grave and make a youtube video about it, couldn't he have also visited venues where she performed that are still standing? For instance, some show room in Vegas, where he could say "In recent years Mary did shows here and entertained and made some happy memories for a number of folks"? And he should have stayed away from the last neighborhood she lived in--or at least not put it in his video if he must approach the security entrance?

Most of his videos touch on tragic deaths or murders or final deaths. Not something I care to watch. To me Miss Mary Wilson lived a great life and loved life wand was real nice to every fan so Mary was never tragic IMO. Mary Wilson was a fun lady and a lovely lady who loved life. I have to agree with Spreading love21 that is was tacky to deliberattely go inside the gated community where Mary had or has a house. He knew what he was doing and it was an invasion of Privacy IMHO.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube created by individuals who drive by former celebrities' homes for the purpose of historical interest. I don't see how this is any different from that. I would have felt different if he had entered the gated community but he simply went past security, turned around and exited. He could have just as easily continued through the gates that were open in front of him, or could have told security he was a contractor and could have gotten in, but he didn't. I didn't feel he was overstepping here, especially since Mary is no longer with us.

We've seen Mary's home over the years, online and otherwise. When she was in the midst of trying to sell it several years ago, she had her selling agent post a video to YouTube, extensively showing the inside and outside of her home, and she is featured in the video. She had her boundaries when it came to fans and her privacy, but she was aware that people knew where she lived and she was ok with it.
    Last edited by carlo; 07-21-2023 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It’s too bad that we just can’t have articles and videos on the Supremes without the need to sensationalize or emphasize the negative - but I suppose that’s part of the legacy.
    I'm glad you've always steered clear of the sensationalism, Jobeterob
    I jest.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I'm glad you've always steered clear of the sensationalism, Jobeterob
    I jest.
    Lol -I only think I ever did it once - when Marv was around and I was encouraged by some of the guys that are now gone

I saw this a week or so ago. I don't usually watch these kinds of videos, but my curiosity of the "final insult" line got the better of me. In the end, I wish I hadn't watched.

This video is exactly what I was talking about in regards to one of the reasons the Supremes aren't treated with the respect they deserve. This video couldn't focus on the great heights Mary achieved with the Supremes, how she kept the group going when her co-founders left and focused on their own solo careers and lives, how she managed to carve out a place in the public's eye in a way that most, if not all, of her comparable positioned peers from singing groups could never dream of doing, how she survived domestic violence and the car wreck that killed her son, and the death of her son. No, it couldn't be a video about all of that. Perhaps that's the real final insult.

I'm not going to suggest for a moment that Mary wasn't at least a little annoyed that she was not given the opportunity to sing on the final DRATS single. We are all aware that the song was originally recorded to launch Diana's solo career and not intended as a Supremes single, but I don't know if Mary knew that at the time. What we do know is that Mary had been aware she wasn't on most of the singles from 1968 thru "Someday", so it wasn't something new. We also know that Mary happily accepted royalties from the massive sales and that she continued to promote the song in her solo act at various times over the decades.

She so apparently was not insulted by "Someday We'll Be Together" that she either left instructions for, or her fondness for the song was so well known by her family, that the title is on her gravestone, forever linking her to this "insulting" song.

This guy is obviously a fan, but also proof positive that the fans have been tools to spread more negativity about the group as opposed to championing their greatness.

I am still quite saddened by Miss Wilson's passing so I did not watch this video. I am happy that people celebrate her life. Mary accomplished quite a bit after 1977 and she should have been proud that she soldiered on after so much. I heard her sing "Someday" in concert and she always did the song very well. I was there for the taping of Rhythm, Love and Soul when she sang it as the finale to the PBS show with the songwriter Johnny Bristol. I would say let's celebrate her life.
    There are many fans who tear down others in the group, and we all have those who are favorites but the contribution of each member should be celebrated from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I saw this a week or so ago. I don't usually watch these kinds of videos, but my curiosity of the "final insult" line got the better of me. In the end, I wish I hadn't watched.

This video is exactly what I was talking about in regards to one of the reasons the Supremes aren't treated with the respect they deserve. This video couldn't focus on the great heights Mary achieved with the Supremes, how she kept the group going when her co-founders left and focused on their own solo careers and lives, how she managed to carve out a place in the public's eye in a way that most, if not all, of her comparable positioned peers from singing groups could never dream of doing, how she survived domestic violence and the car wreck that killed her son, and the death of her son. No, it couldn't be a video about all of that. Perhaps that's the real final insult.

I'm not going to suggest for a moment that Mary wasn't at least a little annoyed that she was not given the opportunity to sing on the final DRATS single. We are all aware that the song was originally recorded to launch Diana's solo career and not intended as a Supremes single, but I don't know if Mary knew that at the time. What we do know is that Mary had been aware she wasn't on most of the singles from 1968 thru "Someday", so it wasn't something new. We also know that Mary happily accepted royalties from the massive sales and that she continued to promote the song in her solo act at various times over the decades.

She so apparently was not insulted by "Someday We'll Be Together" that she either left instructions for, or her fondness for the song was so well known by her family, that the title is on her gravestone, forever linking her to this "insulting" song.

This guy is obviously a fan, but also proof positive that the fans have been tools to spread more negativity about the group as opposed to championing their greatness.
    Your second and fifth paragraphs are right on, in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Your second and fifth paragraphs are right on, in my opinion
    My first thru fifth paragraphs are right on, in your opinion. Fixed it for ya.