[REMOVE ADS]

Thelma and more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4kYaheIsR4

One of two appearances she did on my tv shows.

Thelma's still got it!

Yes I just love Thelma - it's a great clip and the band always sounds wonderful. She's a real live wire on stage even now but the clip seems to be from 2002 [[?) so over 20 years old now and still as fresh as ever. I'm glad Thelma hit it big [[finally) with this song but on a personal level nothing can reach Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes on this song [[there I've said it).

Loving all your videos on YouTube and there are some I keep coming back to. I'm really fond of The Paris Sisters "I Love How You Love Me" - Priscilla seems so frail so it's a poignant clip and may be the only live clip of the girls singing the song [[at least that I can find)? I'd love to hear the story behind this video.

Thanks for posting these treasures TJL - can't wait to see what comes next [[who else did you capture on the British Invasion?).
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 07-16-2023 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Yes I just love Thelma - it's a great clip and the band always sounds wonderful. She's a real live wire on stage even now but the clip seems to be from 2002 [[?) so over 20 years old now and still as fresh as ever. I'm glad Thelma hit it big [[finally) with this song but on a personal level nothing can reach Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes on this song [[there I've said it).

Loving all your videos on YouTube and there are some I keep coming back to. I'm really fond of The Paris Sisters "I Love How You Love Me" - Priscilla seems so frail so it's a poignant clip and may be the only live clip of the girls singing the song [[at least that I can find)? I'd love to hear the story behind this video.

Thanks for posting these treasures TJL - can't wait to see what comes next [[who else did you capture on the British Invasion?).
    Hi - yeah, it's was very odd how the Paris Sisters got on the show. We were using a payroll company in LA. The person handling the payments said ya know I used to sing - and that was Albeth. It was just a few days before taping and she said she's love to sing with her sisters. So, we paid for the first flight a red eye and her the flight got cancelled she took the next one after being up all night - and they went right on from the airport. Then the audio tape for their session has a major recording fault - which wasn't repaired until I got the rights to all my early shows back a few months ago.

It was then that I found a camera isolation reel made as a back up which was fed inadvertently with their audio - so that's why I was able to post it. Eventually all the clips and shows will be posted, not just tv - but I've done radio for just as long, plus interviews that were never seen as well. So my plan is to keep releasing as much as possible.
    Last edited by tjl; 07-17-2023 at 04:56 AM.

So glad you were able to release what you had for The Paris Sisters. Quite historical I think. Priscilla left us far too early at the age of 59 in 2004. Albeth and Sherrell look really well on the show and, in fact, they all seem to be enjoying themselves. Sadly Albeth has also passed aged 79 in 2014.

Keep up the good work - it's all very enjoyable.