[REMOVE ADS]

Connie Van Dyke Her Rare TV interview & Her Motown 45

If not already this is a great TV interview for Connie Van Dyke. Not Just her time at Motown but her films and TV. Check it out almost 30 Mins.

Having left the B Side "Freddy" [which is well known] Connie's Motown 45: "It Hurt Me Too"

Connie's Motown Unissued Acetate "Don't Let Them Laugh At Me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns80qeP4YIU

"Conny Van Dyke" also issued a 45 on "Wheelsville" from 1966 well worth a listen & always a Big Ticket Item "Don't Do Nothing I Wouldn't Do" [Plenty to choose from on YouTube]
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 07-05-2023 at 06:55 AM.

Thank you a million times. This is fascinating on so many levels. I could listen to Connie, literally all day long -and that's saying something. She's entertainment itself the way she's so enthusiastic about life and one of those women who are so intelligent in a down to earth sort of way as to always be 10 steps ahead of what you're thinking. I'll be returning to this video often.

I think I still have her Motown 45 "Oh Freddy". I enjoyed this interview. WHat was the date of it?

Connie Van Dyke: She worked as a songwriter and recording artist for Wheelsville Records in Detroit, Michigan. She entered and won Teen magazine's Miss Teen of the United States in 1960 and signed with Motown Records in 1961, making her the second white recording artists for the Motown label after Debbie Dean. Her only Motown release appeared in early 1963, featuring "Oh Freddy", written by Smokey Robinson, backed with "It Hurt Me Too", written and previously recorded by Marvin Gaye.
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 07-06-2023 at 03:43 AM.

Interesting interview but factually incorrect. Debbie Dean was the first white artist to be signed to Motown.

Yes i know, Berry signed Debbie in 1960, Connie was signed in 1961 & she never issued anything until 1963. The above came from her interview. I have changed it now.
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 07-06-2023 at 03:43 AM.

There are several sites that state Conny was first but we know different

Thanks for the first white artists but this is more about Connie Van Dykes TV interview.

great Video
    Graham

Try this beauty on Wheelsville
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMkhNSoWCBU

definitely one for my show
    Last edited by snakepit; 07-16-2023 at 11:01 AM. Reason: new input

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    great Video
    Graham

Try this beauty on Wheelsville
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMkhNSoWCBU

definitely one for my show
    There's a couple more there awaitin' discovery Snake

Paul

Doubt will see a release of any more CVD "Soul" tracks.....but never say never

Great and interesting lady! Someone I'd enjoy chatting over drinks with.