[REMOVE ADS]

Vicki Anderson Byrd

I kept waiting to post something because I wanted to really make sure, but a few house ago Bootsy Collins posted on facebook that Vicki Anderson, one of my fave singers of all times & a great person, had passed away.I went to a facebook page that her daughter in law runs and it does have a post REST MOMMI-O. So i guess it is true.Vicki was a WONDERFUL person and was married to Bobby Byrd, who passed in about 2007? Vicki was so great to all us fans after the James Brown Shows, we became friends & she invited me to visit her & Bobby when they lived in Houston. I spent a great week at their home in Houston in 1972 & got to drive Vickis' brand new 1972 Cadillac Eldorado!! We had a blast. Rest in Peace sweet Vicki.I know we are all getting older, but I'm still kinda in shock.

Such sad news. When I was a little boy, I remember seeing her on tv with James often. May she R.I.P.

some of Vickis' best records 1) Tears of Joy, 1966, 2)Answer to Mother Popcorn[[that she wrote) 1969, Super Good & Message to the Soul Sisters that for some reason James issued those 2 under her real name, Myra Barnes. Then she had the great "I'm Too Tough for Mr Big Stuff" & "Don't Throw Your Love In The Garbage Can" which were recorded in Miami. You can here her stuff on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    I kept waiting to post something because I wanted to really make sure, but a few house ago Bootsy Collins posted on facebook that Vicki Anderson, one of my fave singers of all times & a great person, had passed away.I went to a facebook page that her daughter in law runs and it does have a post REST MOMMI-O. So i guess it is true.Vicki was a WONDERFUL person and was married to Bobby Byrd, who passed in about 2007? Vicki was so great to all us fans after the James Brown Shows, we became friends & she invited me to visit her & Bobby when they lived in Houston. I spent a great week at their home in Houston in 1972 & got to drive Vickis' brand new 1972 Cadillac Eldorado!! We had a blast. Rest in Peace sweet Vicki.I know we are all getting older, but I'm still kinda in shock.
    What a wonderful story. Be well and thanks for your memories. The lady made some classic records, to be sure.

Vicki actually passed away on July 3rd per daughter-in-law. Sincere condolences to all her family & friends.