[REMOVE ADS]

Love Child--Booker T and the MGs

Just discovered this instrumental cover of the DRATS classic.

Here is another one, could well be the inspiration for the Latin-tinged version Diana Ross now performs in concert.

Here's another one, a little lighter and fluffier--kind of an "isn't it great to be illegitimate?!" type of arrangement. Still, I appreciate this version, too!

Here's an another one--a vocal by a guy. A New York arrangement and gives it a good soul spin.

Here's another one--a version from late 1969 with a Philly production/arrangement by a strong group, The Tymes. Admittedly, it almost sounds like the entire production was based in someone accidentally playing DRATS' 45rpm version on 33rpm and saying, "hey... wait a minute...!" but... this one has turned out to be one of my most favorite cover versions of "Love Child."

Yeah, I'm not gonna let y'all leave this one out of the conversation. It was in heavy rotation on Telemundo, which was the only place I ever saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Just discovered this instrumental cover of the DRATS classic.

Now what does Diana Ross do with this if she were a Stax artist? Does it go to number one?

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxx View Post
    Here is another one, could well be the inspiration for the Latin-tinged version Diana Ross now performs in concert.

I actually love this! Well done cover!

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Here's another one, a little lighter and fluffier--kind of an "isn't it great to be illegitimate?!" type of arrangement. Still, I appreciate this version, too!

Not gonna lie Dan, I figured I would laugh when I played this one. But it is pretty good. Very pleasantly surprised.

Here's an another one--a vocal by a guy. A New York arrangement and gives it a good soul spin.

Meh. Lol

I'd prefer this one as an instrumental.

Here's another one--a version from late 1969 with a Philly production/arrangement by a strong group, The Tymes. Admittedly, it almost sounds like the entire production was based in someone accidentally playing DRATS' 45rpm version on 33rpm and saying, "hey... wait a minute...!" but... this one has turned out to be one of my most favorite cover versions of "Love Child."

This one's a bit too slow for me. But it's okay, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    This one's a bit too slow for me. But it's okay, I guess.
    Just for sh!ts and giggles, Ran, try clicking on the Settings "gear" icon on the YouTube window and changing the Playback Speed to 1.25. For the heck of it, tell me if you like it a little better with that gentle kick in the pants!

And of course there is this version!