[REMOVE ADS]

Do you know the choreography?

I was out at a pride event last week and Back In My Arms Again played at this lounge I was at and noticed a few guys at the bar doing the choreography for the song. I thought it was so cute. Not that the Supremes had elaborate choreography which probably makes it easier to remember. My sister still does that choreographed for Baby Love whenever it comes on where they put their two hands up to the chest and fling it out.

I also notice Diana does the old steps occasionally still. I saw a video of her doing Come See About Me a few years ago and she was doing the two step and moving arms up and down move they would do during the instrumental break.

actually the Hullabaloo clip for Back in My Arms Again does has rather intricate choreography. not to be snarky but i'm a bit surprised Flo doesn't goof it up lol. to be honest it is a little challenging, i've tried it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8O6tEYKNRM

the girls in the 60s didn't typically do overly complex routines for their hits. BIMAA on Hullabaloo is IMO the most complex.

but they would do much more challenging routines for some of the other tunes. Rock a bye, Millie/Rose/Mame, Fats Waller, I Get A Kick

in the 70s, they seemed to do more. I think some of the early routines were rather odd. the weird hip thrusts in Ladder on Sullivan, the overly complex routines for Stoned Love on Flip Wilson and Tom Jones.

the SL routine on Mike Douglas was much better. and then they girls also looked amazing doing YWSSL on Flip.

I always thought Come See About Me had the most intricate of the hits when they did it on Shindig. Diana and Flo kept screwing up the steps on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I always thought Come See About Me had the most intricate of the hits when they did it on Shindig. Diana and Flo kept screwing up the steps on that one.
    you're right - the early performances of CSAM were more choreographed. and at first Diana did most of the steps with M and F