[REMOVE ADS]

Look at this set list

I don’t have the full set list, but the other night in Hershey PA, according to an attendee who posted on Facebook, Diana added:

I’m still waiting
    Chain Reaction
    Mirror mirror
    God bless the child
    He lives in you
    Fine and mellow
    My man
    Touch me in the morning

Also, a few songs from the “Thank You” album.

I love that she is switching up the set list at different stops on this current tour. Also, the new visuals are great.
    Last edited by khansperac; 06-29-2023 at 11:07 AM.

She's performing Radio City Music Hall tonight. I'm not going but interested as to her set list tonight and also whether or not she will comment on Cindy Birdsong given today's article in the NY Times. Is she still doing a Q and A at the end of her show? Or has that been dropped for this tour?

i would guess she is NOT going to mention Cindy. unless there's an audience Q&A [[is she doing that?) she would not want to say anything that might bring unwanted attention to Cindy and her family. diana is typically much more discrete

as for the set list, that's an interesting list. not exactly my fav tunes but that's so subjective. I know the jazz numbers are really things she enjoys and they're a big part of her history. but i'd rather hear more of her hits. but hey - i'd happily listen to these too

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i would guess she is NOT going to mention Cindy. unless there's an audience Q&A [[is she doing that?) she would not want to say anything that might bring unwanted attention to Cindy and her family. diana is typically much more discrete

as for the set list, that's an interesting list. not exactly my fav tunes but that's so subjective. I know the jazz numbers are really things she enjoys and they're a big part of her history. but i'd rather hear more of her hits. but hey - i'd happily listen to these too
    Don't worry, I'm sure she will do "I Will Survive"

I would be extremely happy if she performed only the jazz numbers.
    Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure she will do "I Will Survive"
    If she doesn't do anything else, she'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Each to their own.
    Agreed.

The hits have mostly been done to death, with just a few exceptions, which would certainly be welcomed additions to the show.

I want more obscure stuff. I'll keep saying it until Diana actually does it, because surely she has someone on the inside of Soulful Detroit keeping tabs on what we say, I want to hear "A Breath Taking Guy". I'll also take "Brown Baby" and maybe something from Baby It's Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Each to their own.
    oh i think an updated Stolen Moments would be great! but i sort of view her "standard" concert as a Greatest Hits sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I don’t have the full set list, but the other night in Hershey PA, according to an attendee who posted on Facebook, Diana added:

I’m still waiting
    Chain Reaction
    Mirror mirror
    God bless the child
    He lives in you
    Fine and mellow
    My man
    Touch me in the morning

Also, a few songs from the “Thank You” album.

I love that she is switching up the set list at different stops on this current tour. Also, the new visuals are great.
    I was at Radio City tonight and she did all of the above except Fine and Mellow and My Man. She did Reflections, Home and Endless Love. She did almost all of Tomorrow, all of I Still Believe in Love, half of If the World Just Danced. First encore was I Will Survive/All We Do is Win. Second encore was Thank You. No opening act, all Diana. Show was 2 hours and 15 minutes. She was very funny and quite engaging. Kidding with the band saying they had the wrong set list. Trouble with the mic pack and said something about it, not in a nasty way, and sound was much better the rest of the show.

oh i think an updated Stolen Moments would be great! but i sort of view her "standard" concert as a Greatest Hits sort of thing
    For me personally i have heard those same hits a little to often these past forty years.
    Interesting she’s mixing it up a little at the mo, though i do find it rather hard to believe she would perform “I’m Still Waiting” in the USA where it flopped.

We, too, were @ Radio City last night. As Deepdishus2001 said, she was VERY feisty and engaging. There was no Q&A [thank heaven]. At the point at which her crew member usually brings out her chair, he had it at the ready right behind her. When she realized it, she immediately said, "I'm not gonna sit in that chair" to the delight of us all. And the set list snafu was a classic Ross diva moment-- as the band struck up "Love Hangover," she cut them off and said, "MY list says 'Endless Love.'" Howls all around. She was in fantastic voice after coasting with some miming for @ the first 30 minutes. She's trimmed a lot of the fat from the show, as well as a good bit of the meat--this is the first time I've ever seen her live with no "Stop!" or "Baby Love" in the set. We had a blast. Full setlist for those who want it:

I'm Coming Out
    More Today than Yesterday
    Come See About Me
    Reflections
    You Can't Hurry Love
    Love Child
    The Boss
    Touch Me in the Morning
    Mirror, Mirror
    Upside Down
    Chain Reaction
    He Lives in You
    I'm Still Waiting [swooooon!!!]
    Love Hangover [false start]
    Endless Love
    Home
    Love Hangover
    Take Me Higher
    Ease on Down the Road
    Don't Explain
    God Bless the Child
    Tomorrow
    I Still Believe
    If the World Just Danced
    Why Do Fools Fall in Love
    Theme from Mahogany [Do You Know Where You're Going To]
    Ain't No Mountain High Enough
    I Will Survive/All I Do Is Win
    Thank You

That's a really good set list. Glad she's mixing it up and putting songs in that she usually reserves for UK/Europe audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    We, too, were @ Radio City last night. As Deepdishus2001 said, she was VERY feisty and engaging. There was no Q&A [thank heaven]. At the point at which her crew member usually brings out her chair, he had it at the ready right behind her. When she realized it, she immediately said, "I'm not gonna sit in that chair" to the delight of us all. And the set list snafu was a classic Ross diva moment-- as the band struck up "Love Hangover," she cut them off and said, "MY list says 'Endless Love.'" Howls all around. She was in fantastic voice after coasting with some miming for @ the first 30 minutes. She's trimmed a lot of the fat from the show, as well as a good bit of the meat--this is the first time I've ever seen her live with no "Stop!" or "Baby Love" in the set. We had a blast. Full setlist for those who want it:

I'm Coming Out
    Come See About Me
    Reflections
    You Can't Hurry Love
    Love Child
    The Boss
    Touch Me in the Morning
    Mirror, Mirror
    Upside Down
    Chain Reaction
    He Lives in You
    Endless Love
    Home
    Love Hangover
    Take Me Higher
    Ease on Down the Road
    Don't Explain
    God Bless the Child
    Tomorrow
    I Still Believe
    If the World Just Danced
    Thank You
    Glad you had such a wonderful evening sans. What a great set list it is. Very surprised regarding “I’m Still Waiting”, and particularly pleased she’s performing “God Bless The Child” again.

I'm Coming Out
    Come See About Me
    Reflections
    You Can't Hurry Love
    Love Child
    The Boss
    Touch Me in the Morning
    Mirror, Mirror
    Upside Down
    Chain Reaction
    He Lives in You
    Endless Love
    Home
    Love Hangover
    Take Me Higher
    Ease on Down the Road
    Don't Explain
    God Bless the Child
    Tomorrow
    I Still Believe
    If the World Just Danced
    Thank You
    Wow sounds like a real great night with lots of extra gems. Thanks for sharing dear Sansradio.

My nephew just sent me this real nice review. https://www.nj.com/entertainment/202...-believes.html

Fondly,

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 06-30-2023 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Just got a review

"He Lives In You" and "If The World Just Danced". Love these songs!

I'm Coming Out
    Come See About Me
    Reflections
    You Can't Hurry Love
    Love Child
    The Boss
    Touch Me in the Morning
    Mirror, Mirror
    Upside Down
    Chain Reaction
    He Lives in You
    Endless Love
    Home
    Love Hangover
    Take Me Higher
    Ease on Down the Road
    Don't Explain
    God Bless the Child
    Tomorrow
    I Still Believe
    If the World Just Danced
    Thank You
    I just hope the woman who angered Miss Ross 40 years ago at her Vegas show by demanding Miss Ross "sing Baby Love damnit!" wasn't in attendance last night at Radio City Music Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I just hope the woman who angered Miss Ross 40 years ago at her Vegas show by demanding Miss Ross "sing Baby Love damnit!" wasn't in attendance last night at Radio City Music Hall.
    LOL! Nope, we were all on our best behavior! [Incidentally, I reference that incident all the time!]

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Wow sounds like a real great night with lots of extra gems. Thanks for sharing dear Sansradio.

My nephew just sent me this real nice review. https://www.nj.com/entertainment/202...-believes.html

Fondly,

Roberta
    Wow! Thanks for the link, my friend!

I'm Coming Out
    Come See About Me
    Reflections
    You Can't Hurry Love
    Love Child
    The Boss
    Touch Me in the Morning
    Mirror, Mirror
    Upside Down
    Chain Reaction
    He Lives in You
    Endless Love
    Home
    Love Hangover
    Take Me Higher
    Ease on Down the Road
    Don't Explain
    God Bless the Child
    Tomorrow
    I Still Believe
    If the World Just Danced
    Thank You
    Thanks for the set list. Glad you were as joyous as I was at this extraordinary performance. Funny to think that nearly/exactly 41 years ago [6/30/82) Lena Horne closed her historic 'The Lady And Her Music' at the extraordinary and unprecedented age of - get this - 65 years old!! Be well, my SD friend Sans -

wow ,nice set list. glad to see her adding lost gems to the show. the new show looks amazing. wonder if she has a new manager or if her kids are suggesting the changes in the show.
    she seems to be in a good place. so many are retiring at her age. she is a icon.treasure.goddess
    PS. lets suggest she drop I Will Survive and replace it with Carry On or a Brand New Day