[REMOVE ADS]

Love child live at atlantic city

She sounds terrific here, and she seems to be singing live, but is she? I need the experts here to tell me. After seeing her singing and talking at the same time in another video, I guess I am watching and listening more closely, but not closely enough. So I ask you guys, is it Diana or Memorex?

It's pretty good, in fact too good! She's singing along to a tape, her timing is good but watch it a few times and you will see what I mean. It's just too perfect and her breathing is slightly out of sync. Still it's much better than 'Come See About Me' which was very obvious faked.

I vote lip synch.

It's good. But I've seen her many times, and that's NOT how she sounds on "Love Child". That said, the woman is inching on 80. She still gives you 100% Diana Ross; everything you'd think her show would be. The hair, the sequins. But Jesus, can we get her to lose that "belt"? Totally takes away from the glamour, seeing that clunky thing.

Oh, and a girdle wouldn't hurt either. You all know the line from "Steel Magnolias".....

100% lip-synch, as you can tell the voice is not originating from her microphone.
    I’m really left wondering if her singing voice has now pretty much departed and the entire show is virtually what is presented here.
    I guess if she and the audience continue to have a good time why not.

I think the belt is an in-ear monitor, simply to help Diana hear her own voice.

By then lip-synching to her own voice, she can track it more accurately if she can clearly hear it.

How many of us, who may be younger than Diana, have got halfway through a sentence, and briefly yet completely forgotten what was coming next.........so this would help prevent that happening...

There may now also be some hearing issues, as with all of us.

So I would also say definitely lip-synch....but all in the business of show.

And very well done, indeed....

The show Diana did in Hershey PA the other night, fans were treated to “My man”, “God bless the child”, and “Fine and mellow”. I saw the videos and she sang them live and sounded wonderful.
    Last edited by khansperac; 06-29-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    100% lip-synch, as you can tell the voice is not originating from her microphone.
    I’m really left wondering if her singing voice has now pretty much departed and the entire show is virtually what is presented here.
    I guess if she and the audience continue to have a good time why not.
    How can you tell that about her voice not originating with the microphone? I can see how in person that might be obvious but via a YouTube video?

It's live. Notice at the end when the notes are higher she stops singing.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    How can you tell that about her voice not originating with the microphone? I can see how in person that might be obvious but via a YouTube video?
    Well in that Missing you clip [[see thread) on YouTube, when she starts to speak and yet you also hear her singing voice it's obvious that she's lipsynching or at least relying on a pre-recorded vocal track to enhance her vocal performance.

For this Love Child clip sounds like she's singing live. If she is singing/miming to a pre recorded vocal track at least it's not to the 1968 original recording but to a recent live take that was recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    The more I watch it, the more it becomes obvious she’s miming to a pre-recorded vocal. There’s not even a hint of a bum note which is not where Diana's voice is now.
    Excellent lip-synching though.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    She sounds terrific here, and she seems to be singing live, but is she? I need the experts here to tell me. After seeing her singing and talking at the same time in another video, I guess I am watching and listening more closely, but not closely enough. So I ask you guys, is it Diana or Memorex?

this is definitely live. She screws up the lyric in the final verse, that would not happen if it was lip-synch. Also, she shaded OneNote that I have never heard her shade before, and slid on another one that she almost never does.
    usually she sings along with her pre-recorded vocal. If she’s going to require help on a song, she is not doing that here. I saw her tonight. She did it three or four times.

IMHO, when she looks over her left shoulder, she is silently communicating with the lip synch sound guy. She also often hides her face looking or walking left when lip syncing so the audience has less chance to catch her. Her big hair is all that can be seen.