[REMOVE ADS]

Most intensively performed albums.

Albums that she intensively performed live on tour. It's alway a puzzlement for me that she only performed "Upside down" and "coming out" from her best selling album.

- FBTP : FBTP, WYTMTYLM, Blame it on the sun, change of heart, shinning moment, Waiting in the Wings, You gonna love it.

- Swept away : Swept away, rescue me, touch by touch, missing you, forever young, telephone. And from various reviews we know she did "All of you" for a few performances

- WO : WO, Paradise, This house, Yes we can, What can one person do

- The Boss : The boss, I ain't been licked, No one get the prize, one for all, My house

- TMH : TMH, voice of the heart, IWS, If you'r not gonna love me right, don't stop.
    A few dates with "I thought that we were still in love" or "only love can conquer all".

do you mean "most extensively performed?"

what about DR 76? Love hangover, smile, mahogany, one love. i wonder if she ever did I thought it Took Time?

for the supremes:

Symphony - my world, symphony and then the medley with Stranger, Wonderful, With a song, unchained melody and without a song 7 [[sort of) of 12

WDOLG - where, come see, baby love, lovelight, breathtaking, run run run. 6 of 12

High energy - HE, Walking, you're what's missing, don't let my teardrops. 4 of 8

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    do you mean "most extensively performed?"

what about DR 76? Love hangover, smile, mahogany, one love. i wonder if she ever did I thought it Took Time?

for the supremes:

Symphony - my world, symphony and then the medley with Stranger, Wonderful, With a song, unchained melody and without a song 7 [[sort of) of 12

WDOLG - where, come see, baby love, lovelight, breathtaking, run run run. 6 of 12

High energy - HE, Walking, you're what's missing, don't let my teardrops. 4 of 8
    correct! extensively.

One should ask for the least!

- Baby it's me : she did GRFL and To shy to say.
    - diana
    - Silk : Muscles, FFYL
    - Ross : Let's go up, pieces of ice [[?), some says she performed Up Front.
    - EA : EA [[heard about More & More and at least a try with Experience)
    - Dirty Looks. rather confusing since it was common to hear she did a small tour and performed no songs from the album.
    Then someone says he heard "Summertime", but I'll never know if it was wishful thinking.

In 89, she was doing songs from Dirty Look, and I doubt she payed for stage arrangements for songs from a forgotten album. So maybe she performed "Tell me again", "There goes my baby" and "dirty looks" back in 87.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    correct! extensively.

One should ask for the least!

- Baby it's me : she did GRFL and To shy to say.
    - diana
    - Silk : Muscles, FFYL
    - Ross : Let's go up, pieces of ice [[?), some says she performed Up Front.
    - EA : EA [[heard about More & More and at least a try with Experience)
    - Dirty Looks. rather confusing since it was common to hear she did a small tour and performed no songs from the album.
    Then someone says he heard "Summertime", but I'll never know if it was wishful thinking.

In 89, she was doing songs from Dirty Look, and I doubt she payed for stage arrangements for songs from a forgotten album. So maybe she performed "Tell me again", "There goes my baby" and "dirty looks" back in 87.
    I don't think the Supremes did album tracks, except for the Symphony Medley.

She has performed many of the songs from LADY SINGS THE BLUES.

From her first solo album, Diana did Reach Out, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Something on My Mind, and I Wouldn't Change the Man He Is.

At some Tour '79 shows, she also included All Night Lover from BABY IT'S ME.

Re RED HOT R&B, I vaguely recall her international fan club mentioning some of the songs you listed as being performed in concert but those newsletters are in my basement at the moment so I can't confirm.
    Last edited by reese; 06-26-2023 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I don't think the Supremes did album tracks, except for the Symphony Medley.

She has performed many of the songs from LADY SINGS THE BLUES.

From her first solo album, Diana did Reach Out, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Something on My Mind, and I Wouldn't Change the Man He Is.

At some Tour '79 shows, she also included All Night Lover from BABY IT'S ME.

Re RED HOT R&B, I vaguely recall her international fan club mentioning some of the songs you listed as being performed in concert but those newsletters are in my basement at the moment so I can't confirm.
    If by chance you go to the basement, I'll be very interested in those details

the girls did a few album tracks

Meet the Sups - Time Changes Things, Let me go right way, your heart belongs to me, I Want a guy, buttered popcorn [[i'm assuming on those two). I wonder if they ever did Who's Loving You, 17 and Never Again. i would guess they did as they would often perform in the early days to the 45s. so it wouldn't be a surprise to do the B sides. So that could be 7 or 8 of 11. but definitely at least 5

WDOLG - redoing this one. They did Standing At Crossroads on the Battle of the Bands concert. WDOLG, BL, CSAM, Breathtaking, Lovelight, Run run run, Crossroads. so that's 7 of 12

more hits - Stop, Nothing But, Back in Arms, Mother Dear

Join the temps - IGMYLM, Impossible Dream

Liverpool - you can't do that

symphony - forgot they did yesterday. so that makes it My World, symphony, yesterday, unchained melody, stranger, wonderful, with a song, without a song. so 8 of 12

R&H - lady is tramp, falling in love

Christmas - children's xmas, my fav things

CW&P - i think the only tune was the single, My Heart.

There's a place for us - Ipanema, people, somewhere, rockabye, put on a happy face, make someone happy, i am woman, fancy passes

sam cooke - cupid, you send me, chain gang, shake, bring it on home

after they became DRATS - i don't know that they did anything else really. just Imp Dream from the Temps album and the FG medley

for 70s sups:

Right on - ladder, everybody, loving country [[as part of a medley)

NW - together we can make [[as part of a medley), SL, time to break down

Touch - touch, NJ

FJ - FJ, AS, Sweet love

MS&S - LYG, Wheel, you are the heart, come into my life. and in the Caesar's show, they did at least use the like Sweet Dream Machine while they introduced the band during Wheel. so although they didn't sing the song, they at least called it out

somehow the word intensely doesn't suit a Diana Ross vocal performance .... nothing bad meant by that ....

But extensively, YES !!! Look at that repertoire ......at a glance , don't see ITS MY TURN or ENDLESS LOVE or CHAIN REACTION mentioned ...... I WILL SURVIVE ....

Too lazy to count but anyone have a guestiment of how many different songs Diana Ross has performed live in her career .... pretty impressive !!

I believe from the I Love You album she's performed: More Today, Look of Love, What About Love, I Love You, and I think one or two other songs--To Be Loved, or Take My Breath Away? Anyone else know?

or what about the albums with the LEAST inclusivity?

maybe Ross 78 - she did include You Were the One. but did she ever do What You Gave Me or Lovin'?

SE - Muscles of course. I think she did So Close. but anything else?

Cream of the Crop - someday

Together - none? i don't think they ever did a live performance of The Weight

TMITM - only the title track

EIE - did she ever do Doobie? otherwise just I'm Still Waiting?

In 78 she did "lovin" but it was lip synched

I thought this topic came up before. This is what I have for the solo albums. I've heard most but not all of these. If I've overlooked anything, feel free to include them.

DIANA ROSS: Reach Out And Touch, Ain’t No Mountain, Something’s On My Mind, I Wouldn’t Change The Man He Is

EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING: I’m Still Waiting, Come Together [[in a Beatles Medley), I Love You [[Call Me), [[Close To You - Diana! Special)

SURRENDER: Remember Me, Reach Out I’ll Be There

LADY SINGS THE BLUES: [[Everything)

TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING: Touch Me In The Morning, Little Girl Blue, [[All Of My Life?)

LAST TIME I SAW HIM: Last Time I Saw Him?, Sleepin’

DIANA ROSS 76: Theme From Mahogany, Love Hangover, One Love In My Lifetime, Smile

BABY IT’S ME: Getting Ready For Love, Too Shy To Say, All Night Lover [[You Got It was rehearsed but don’t know if ever performed)

THE WIZ: Medley: Soon As I Get Home, Ease On Down The Road, You Can’t Win, Slide Some Oil, Mean Ol’ Lion, Be A Lion, No Bad News, Brand New Day, Believe In Yourself, Home

ROSS: Lovin’ Livin’ And Givin’, You Were The One, To Love Again, [[Reach Out I’ll Be There)

THE BOSS: No One Gets The Prize, I Ain’t Been Licked, All For One, The Boss, It’s My House

DIANA: Upside Down, I’m Coming Out

TO LOVE AGAIN: It’s My Turn, [[Mahogany, To Love Again, Touch Me)

WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE: Why Do Fools, Mirror Mirror, Endless Love, Work That Body [[It’s Never Too Late – lip sync Soul Train)

SILK ELECTRIC: Muscles, So Close, Fool For Your Love

ROSS: Let’s Go Up, [[You Do It was rehearsed but don’t know if ever performed. Pieces Of Ice: Central Park lip sync)

SWEPT AWAY: Missing You, Touch By Touch, Rescue Me, Swept Away, Telephone, Forever Young

EATEN ALIVE: Eaten Alive, Experience, Chain Reaction, More And More

RED HOT: Dirty Looks, Tell Me Again, There Goes My Baby, It’s Hard For Me To Say [[Summertime, Tell Mama, Selfish One - TV special lip sync)

WORKIN’ OVERTIME: Workin’ Overtime, Say We Can, This House, Paradise, What Can One Person Do

FORCE BEHIND THE POWER: Change Of Heart, When You Tell Me You Love Me, Blame It On The Sun, Force Behind The Power, Waiting In The Wings, One Shining Moment, You’re Gonna Love It, If We Hold On Together [[I Heard “Battlefield” and “Heart Don’t Change My Mind” were in for a minute but can’t verify)

TAKE ME HIGHER: Take Me Higher, If You’re Not Gonna Love Me Right, Don’t Stop, Voice Of The Heart, Only Love Can Conquer All, I Thought That We Were Still In Love, I Will Survive

EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY: He Lives In You [[Not Over You Yet?)

I LOVE YOU: More Today Than Yesterday, I Love You, What About Love, The Look Of Love [[Others were performed on TV but don’t about in concert)

THANK YOU: Thank You, If The World Just Danced, Count On Me, Tomorrow, I Still Believe

Supremes 75: He’s My Man? Early Morning Love, Where Is It I Belong, This Is Why I Believe In You

Can't Take My Eyes off of You was on Together so one could claim that's the song the Supremes with and without Diana performed from that album. And for quite awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Can't Take My Eyes off of You was on Together so one could claim that's the song the Supremes with and without Diana performed from that album. And for quite awhile!
    good lord! lol that thing just kept turning up. i'm surprised she didn't do it in the 77 Farewell show lol