[REMOVE ADS]

Reactions to Diana or Supremes songs

I used to laugh at 'reaction videos' on YT but now I really like them and enjoy seeing what younger people think about older singers and musicians.

And I can correct them in the comments.... lol

Here's one from me.... please add your own links to other Diana/Supremes/Motown reactions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB6V...ojoDaddyMystic

I really enjoy many reaction videos. Although I hate when the commentators interrupt just when I'm really getting into a song. I prefer those who save the comments for the end.

plus many of them are fake. There's no way of knowing this claim of "first time hearing" and secret advanced listening allows them to prepare their supposed reaction.

Its a cruel world out there. Scams everywhere.... but keep clicking

I'd swear that either Diana was lip-synching in that "Mahogany" video they watched *OR* the person who posted the original video dubbed over the original recording. Everything about the performance is exactly like the released recording. Diana might have done an amazing lip-synching job for this back in '75, so I'm not trying to take away from her, but... it just makes me think that these folks might as well have played a CD/MP3 of the original recording and would've gotten the same experience. This wasn't a live performance, but rather a studio one, IMO.

Reaction videos can be fun to watch...but they can also be frustrating if the viewer is familiar with the performer[s] and the YouTubers making the video spew inaccurate info during the video--from innocuous to horrendous. Although folks can post "corrections" to their supposed facts in the comments...how many people really read the comments on YouTube videos? Especially if they go beyond 50 or 500? Or 1,000? Not many are going to be "schooled" by those of us who know by commenting.

To end with a positive, at least people are still interested in listening to Motown artists and appreciating their legacy in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    I'd swear that either Diana was lip-synching in that "Mahogany" video they watched *OR* the person who posted the original video dubbed over the original recording. Everything about the performance is exactly like the released recording. Diana might have done an amazing lip-synching job for this back in '75, so I'm not trying to take away from her, but... it just makes me think that these folks might as well have played a CD/MP3 of the original recording and would've gotten the same experience. This wasn't a live performance, but rather a studio one, IMO.
    I think Diana did actually lipsync at the Cesar ceremony from which this clip was taken. But the original audio seems to have been replaced with a better source.

I enjoy some of the reaction video youtube channels, it's fun to see their reactions. I prefer those who don't like everything they hear.