[REMOVE ADS]

Smokey Robinson and The Miracles 1971 Tears Of A Clown Live

Smokey sure looked young back then, and still looks young today. The Miracles used to have some mighty-hot choreography until -- I read back in the day -- Berry made them tone it down because their fancy steps were taking the audience's attention away from Smokey [[who claimed he couldn't dance). I remember seeing a 1960's video of them performing "Going To A Go-Go". Their steps were fantastic -- goosebump-worthy!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 06-11-2023 at 01:52 AM.

Thanks for this, blackguy69.

I remember seeing this, and I think the year was 1972. Smokey was embarking on his farewell tour with the Miracles.

Obviously both Smokey and Bob Hope are reading cue cards. Very distracting.

The Miracles were BAADASS on stage esp. when Claudette was in the group back when "Mickeys Monkey" came out. The Miracles were on "Saturday Hop", a Miami BANDSTAND type of show, my parents were taking me & my brothers to a movie on Saturday afternoon, but I wouldn't leave until I saw the Miracles & they did Mickeys Monkey...my parents liked them too.