[REMOVE ADS]

Where do I go--DRATS or Carla Thomas

In 1968 Stax released a single of Carla Thomas singing Where Do I Go. It didn't chart. In 1969 DRATS performed the song along with Good Morning Starshine on Hollywood Palace. Which do you prefer?

DRATS gets my vote.

Btw, in all our "what if"s regarding Diana's replacement, did anyone ever suggest Carla Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    DRATS gets my vote.

Btw, in all our "what if"s regarding Diana's replacement, did anyone ever suggest Carla Thomas?
    I go with the Supremes' version. Although I love Carla's recordings, I hardly ever listen to her version of WHERE DO I GO.

Re her being a Diana replacement, that is an interesting thought. She certainly had the chops and poise for it. And if she had been at a different label other than Stax, I think she might have achieved consistent crossover success. Stax head Al Bell mentioned Diana's career as something he thought Carla had the potential to do as well.
    Last edited by reese; 06-03-2023 at 06:13 PM.

Carla of course. It's one of the best songs from 'Hair'.

I prefer DRATS version. Good to hear Mary & Cindy.

Re Diana's replacement, I wonder if Motown considered Carla. I wonder even more what Stax thought of the idea. Carla was, after all, the Queen of Memphis Soul.

I always thought B-A-B-Y was something Diana, Mary & Flo could have done something with. I can also hear the young No-Hit-Supremes attempting Gee Whiz [Look At His Eyes].

Maybe Tramp could have been on Diana & Marvin. [Just joking]