[REMOVE ADS]

Let Yourself Go-Supremes - UK release

Sainsbury's £45.99 plus postage

Amazon uk - £47.99

HMV.co.uk - £47.99

Play.com - £49.99

The Hut - can't find it

http://www.base.com/buy/product/supr...gc-2753216.htm £39.95 + free UK delivery

http://www.insound.com/Let-Yourself-...xCD&from=94719

This last one costs £30.02 but I am not sure about postage. Plus, I shall get clobbered for customs duty including £8 POST OFFICE fee so this doesn't look a good deal.

Anyone else finding better deals?

Thanks for that, just saved me £10.

Glad to help!

Pre-ordered mine with Amazon.co.uk when it first showed for £34.99 incl. postage.

Why is this one so expensive, is it an import, and would it be worth waiting for a UK release, or is this the price of the UK release?

Quote Originally Posted by booty View Post
    Pre-ordered mine with Amazon.co.uk when it first showed for £34.99 incl. postage.
    Booty

Do you do tea readings? I only want this week's lottery numbers. LOL

Well done!

Bought it at amazon.com [[us release), payed too much...but...worth every euro! I missed the boat on This Is The Story and I could not let that happen again. Again....order this and [[re)discover the last incarnation of The Supremes.

I always pre-order with Amazon.co.uk for all my Motown CD's. Their price guarantee means I pay their cheapest price, be it the price when I place the order or the price on release.

However, on an item such as this I check just prior to release if another supplier is selling it even cheaper. Often I find HMV are the best priced at the release date, although for this title I think their pre-release price is well over £50.00!

Just received niotification from Amazon.co.uk, that this has been despatched. Got it for £34.99 including postage. Can't wait for Monday!

Booty

Have you got your copy...I aint!

Got mine today! Early birthday present from the other half, who KNEW I couldnt wait until Thursday. Dont know how much paid though. Its a GEM of a release, great graphics, pics etc. Only played Disc 1 so far. Im in heaven..Paulo xxxx

I got my copy of LYG last week.

It reminded me how good I thought Mary and Scherrie were at their lead vocal on the High Energy project; I thought Mary really came into her own and was better than she was on Floy Joy or Touch; and Susaye added a whole new element to the Supremes.

But the going disco of MSS ~ that still seems like a mistake after all these years; it seemed to be jumping on a bangwagon and there was no Believe or Fly Robin Fly or More More More or those other inane disco type of songs that were such huge hits.

Rob...I suspect you posted that to stop me from nagging at you! HAHA

I considered the Supremes' attempt at disco was a standard better than those mentioned. Saleswise, I wasn't in the majority! Oh well!

Just wanted you to know that I got it and that I like it. I was very impressed by Mary and Scherrie's singing; I think by Mary's mostly. She was at her peak on High Energy. I liked the voice so much then and was sorry that the follow up single didn't do well.

I don't care for a lot of the MSS songs; but perhaps they were more intricate than Fly Robin Fly and whatever the followup was; and also More More More. I know there are fans that like that album a lot.

My copy was delivered on Monday by Amazon, £34.49 inc p&p. 1st listening as I type, and reading the booklet from cover to cover, I really hope it is worth the wait!

I bet this set will sell better in the UK than the original albums when they were released.

M fav's: all the versions of "Give Out But Never Give Up". Especcialy Mary's version. "Love, I Never Knew It Could Feel So Good" makes me happy too. "Early Morning Love" ponders through my mind.

Love Love Love the Supremes!

X-town

Been away for the week, but it arrived last Tuesday 28th. Got back late last nite, opened it but not read nor played it yet.

I received my copy in America in late May, and it is fabulous, the new alternate tracks of Color My World Blue, You Can't Stop a Girl in Love, as well as Susaye's lead on Let My Heart Do the walking is nothing short of fabulous. I would like to add that Motown dropped the ball in not following the followup to "Walking" by not releasing "Only YOu" as the next single it would have blasted out of the water. The voice of Mary, Scherrie on lead and Cindy holding up the background inspite of her lack of leads, as well as Susaye coming in and stepping it up a notch or three gave the Supremes great respectablily in the disco world with #1 singles whether Motown liked it or not the extended version of "He's My Man" is one of the best Supremes dance singles no wonder it hit #1 on dance charts. Thank you Mary for proving the Supremes could go on, this CD is the best selling Supremes CD on Amazon.com and Motown can't do a thing about it. Scherrie you made your mark as a Supremes vocalist during these years.

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movie...he-Final-Sessi

Under £40 for those who still need to get it

The above link is incomplete. Use this.

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movie...9/product.html

Ramone Verona Guest
    Cross-eyedtown, we have yet to hear your Supreme Review!
    Hummpt!!

Enjoying this release more than I thought I would, I always thought that the High Energy LP was the best this grouping of Supremes, but I have listened to this set a lot and now feel more than ever that Motown dropped the ball when they did not promote these releases in the 70's, I'm gonna let my heart do the walking should have been a massive hit, it has it all great track that was overlooked.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Still no Xtown Review.