[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Christmas Albums By Martha & The Vandellas and The Marvelettes

A few years ago, a Motown Forum member shared his vision of what Christmas albums by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas and The Marvelettes might have looked like. I remember posting what a thrill it would have been to step into a record store and actually find these albums. With only one week left until Christmas, is there any chance the creator of these two masterpieces might re-post them -- for the benefit of members who might have missed them before, and for those of us who would just plain like to see them again?

I would love to get copies of those.

There are a number of CD's but would love the albums.

Attachment 21173

I believe that was bradsupremes.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I believe that was bradsupremes.
    Thanks, Mary! I'll PM him right now.

UPDATE: Message sent. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-18-2023 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jarvis View Post
    I would love to get copies of those.

There are a number of CD's but would love the albums.

Attachment 21173
    You've got some great choices there, Graham! Special thanks for including my favorite Christmas album of all time -- "A Christmas Gift For You From Philles Records"!!!

UPDATE: Haven't heard a thing from Bradsupremes. I'm really hoping he'll re-post the imagined Vandellas' & Marvelettes' Christmss albums. He did a beautiful job on them, and they're highly impressive. I kid you not! They'll make you yearn for the real deal!!!

Cheer Up. It's a classic & Motown related. [[Carlin in the UK] Always played this at Christmas.

Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 12-20-2023 at 03:32 PM.

Everything is still pictured on this thread...

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...llas+christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Everything is still pictured on this thread...

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...llas+christmas
    Glen, THANKS so much for finding this former thread for us. [[I never heard back from Bradsupremes.
    I hope he/she is okay.)

Oddly, I remembered only Martha & The Vandellas' and The Marvelettes' Christmas albums. I had completely forgotten about Marvin's and the Four Tops' Yuletide offerings, as well as the second Christmas treat from Diana & The Supremes.

May I just say that the front LP covers of Martha, Marvin, and The Supremes are photo-award worthy -- especially Martha Reeves & The Vandellas. That deep, rich, Christmas-red and those gowns are absolutely gorgeous!

Bradsupremes -- wherever you are -- another much-earned round of applause for you!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-27-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks for the link, @glenpwood! I didn’t see these the first time around.

What a great job he did. He went beyond just designing the covers to even thinking through the tracklist on each album, and on the Marvelettes especially he seemed to choose things that would be more likely for them to record, the more perhaps juvenile songs or novelty songs. How I wish we had such an album!

Cheers and kudos to @bradsupremes.

Hey, Kenny! Brad really hit a home run with these imagined Motown holiday releases -- both visually and aurally. And you're right -- his choice of song titles for each artist above were seemingly matched perfectly to the style of each artist.

I can only begin to imagine how thrilling it would have been to actually discover these fantastic new releases in time for Christmas. I would have bought ALL of them while the gettin' was good [[even if it meant going without school lunches for the next coupla' weeks)!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-29-2023 at 07:21 PM.