[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I checked that MONO of Signed Sealed Delivered and was too disappointed at what I discovered but they is no way that the 45 is a fold down of the stereo. The far superior mono version avoids those over the over the top drumming segments.

You Met Your Match was played extensively on Tony Blackburn's Radio 1 morning show and I rushed home from school to buy it. Little did I know that I would also be getting my all time favourite version of My Girl on the flip side.

Life was good in those days.
    The mono single mix of SSDIY is an aggressive, Uriel Jones drum-driven mutha of a track. It's IMTHIS that's the fold-down. [[Just edited my original post.)

Stevie's "My Girl" is rather good, eh?
    Last edited by Sotosound; 05-15-2023 at 01:05 PM.

I don't remember if his original Until You Come Back To Me was a b-side but I can't get enough of it. Better than Aretha's version

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I don't remember if his original Until You Come Back To Me was a b-side but I can't get enough of it. Better than Aretha's version
    Stevie Wonder's version of "Until You Come Back To Me [That's What I'm Gonna Do]"
    was sent to 'the vaults' in 1967 and never released as a single. The song first came out on Stevie's Anthology [aka Looking Back] collection in 1977 and on his 1999 box set At The Close Of A Century.

I far prefer Stevie's version too.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I far prefer Stevie's version too.
    And I'm gonna third that - Stevie's "Until You Come Back To Me" is sublime - deffo a fave Stevie track. But why, oh why, was it vaulted!

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    And I'm gonna third that - Stevie's "Until You Come Back To Me" is sublime - deffo a fave Stevie track. But why, oh why, was it vaulted!
    Better yet why was his All I Do original on Tammi Terrell vaulted. That was a smash

Better yet why was his All I Do original on Tammi Terrell vaulted. That was a smash
    Don't forget Brenda Holloway & The Jackson 5's versions