[REMOVE ADS]

DR June 29 2023 Radio City

Diana Ross just posted "Join me on June 29th at Radio City Music Hall" - kind of surprised she's returning to the same venue in less than a year!

I'll be there - as will 6,000 more Diana fans!

Tickets are cheaper at Hard Rock Atlantic City, and it’s more fun.

I’ll be singing memories on #TheMusicLegacyTour 2023 ��❤️❤️ expect to be delighted by timeless songs, including “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” “Reflections,” “I’m Coming Out,” “Reach Out and Touch,” “Take Me Higher” & many more…. #DianaRossThankYou

dianaross.com

I think it beyond exciting she’s sticking to the songs we are all familiar with. Album cuts are all good and well, but why change a format that’s worked for the past forty years.
    Fingers crossed she sings “I’m Coming Out” And closes with “I Will Survive”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I think it beyond exciting she’s sticking to the songs we are all familiar with. Album cuts are all good and well, but why change a format that’s worked for the past forty years.
    Fingers crossed she sings “I’m Coming Out” And closes with “I Will Survive”.
    here’s hoping and praying she wears the exact same costumes. I would be heartbroken if forced to see something new. And, please God, make sure Rhonda joins the fun during I Will Survive !!!! Thank you
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 04-20-2023 at 07:11 AM.

Will Rhonda be the opening act?

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    here’s hoping and praying she wears the exact same costumes. I would be heartbroken if forced to see something new. And, please God, make sure Rhonda joins the fun during I Will Survive !!!! Thank you
    Fingers double crossed. If there is to be a question and answer segment, i pray she continues to focus on her children as opposed to the music. After all, it’s what the majority are interested in.

Just got my tickets. Diana in June, Madonna in August. Perfect summer bookends.

But she's going to sing Reflections!

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdishus2001 View Post
    Just got my tickets. Diana in June, Madonna in August. Perfect summer bookends.
    Good for you, Deep! I'll be at Diana, unsure about Madonna [[I really, REALLY don't want to see her simulate sex on stage AGAIN ...) but Grace Jones is in my summer mix as well!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Good for you, Deep! I'll be at Diana, unsure about Madonna [[I really, REALLY don't want to see her simulate sex on stage AGAIN ...) but Grace Jones is in my summer mix as well!
    I saw Grace Jones last summer and she was wonderful. My nephew and his husband took me to see Madonna at Dodger Stadium in 2009 I think. She was 2 1/2 hours late and cussed all through her show and called the paying audience Mother Fu**ers. Classless and crass IMO. I wont see her again.

If you plan to see Madonna be prepared to wait a few hours as she rarely starts her shows in a timely fashion in recent years. Diana Ross may not change her setlist much but she starts her show on time!

Always excited about Diana. I’m never unsure about Madonna. She’s been a provocateur since the beginning and I don’t expect her to change now. The shows are always spectacular. Alway look forward to the new arrangements of the songs. Seen her about 15 times and never disappointed. Also have gotten used to the late start times.

Always excited about Diana. I’m never unsure about Madonna. She’s been a provocateur since the beginning and I don’t expect her to change now. The shows are always spectacular. Alway look forward to the new arrangements of the songs. Seen her about 15 times and never disappointed. Also have gotten used to the late start times.
    I very much agree. Late starts aside, her shows are always brilliant, presenting something new and fresh every time.

Pick a pre- opening song for Diana Ross to sing June 29th, 2023 @ 8 pm at Radio City Music Hall. Lights dimmed. Piano center stage. Diana Ross sings "Summertime". Then, after 5 minute delay, A Diva Has To Travel, Diana Ross enters the Radio City Music Hall from the back of the hall. Awesome stage screen erupts into a visual floral parade. Now, for this entrance, the teal gown with the shimmering chiffon wrap is appropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I very much agree. Late starts aside, her shows are always brilliant, presenting something new and fresh every time.
    I guess that's the one thing we can agree on. Different performers provide different emotions and feelings. I go to Diana for a warm embrace and a hug. I go to Madonna for tough love. A gut punch and a hard slap.

I guess that's the one thing we can agree on. Different performers provide different emotions and feelings. I go to Diana for a warm embrace and a hug. I go to Madonna for tough love. A gut punch and a hard slap.
    I agree, there is something tranquillising about hearing the same songs over and over again. Madonna being more of a fasten your seatbelts experience.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 04-24-2023 at 04:02 PM.

All the comments about Madonna are true - but it comes down to consumerism and personal choice. I'll pass on M, due to high ticket prices and as I have just learned late starting times. Starting late is a MAJOR no-no for me. Just shows the performer's lack of interest in their public. Madge. I wake up at 5:AM for work. You have no right to waste my time. I hope the tour is a major success but I won't be there. YouTube clips will suffice.

All the comments about Madonna are true - but it comes down to consumerism and personal choice. I'll pass on M, due to high ticket prices and as I have just learned late starting times. Starting late is a MAJOR no-no for me. Just shows the performer's lack of interest in their public. Madge. I wake up at 5:AM for work. You have no right to waste my time. I hope the tour is a major success but I won't be there. YouTube clips will suffice.
    The late start times have been going on for years. I saw her at MSG for the Sticky and Sweet tour in October 2008. It was the biggest tax deadline of the year for my work and my office was 2 blocks away. I worked all day, went to the show which lasted till past midnight then I went back to work. It has nothing to do with consumerism but I agree it has to do with choice. The tour started off with only 27 dates in arenas and the demand has blown it up to over 90 dates.

Yes, it could help calm you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I saw Grace Jones last summer and she was wonderful. My nephew and his husband took me to see Madonna at Dodger Stadium in 2009 I think. She was 2 1/2 hours late and cussed all through her show and called the paying audience Mother Fu**ers. Classless and crass IMO. I wont see her again.
    I'll take your work about Grace, Ms. Roberta! FYI - there was a click-bait this AM about Madonna rehearsing for her new tour. Promised 'sizzling pics' of M rehearsing in fishnet stockings with dancers 'grinding against her'. They say M constantly 're-invents herself'. Yet ... she's done the same schtick for nearly 40 years! Be well -

They say M constantly 're-invents herself'. Yet ... she's done the same schtick for nearly 40 years! Be well -
    What you mean just like Diana?.

I'll take your work about Grace, Ms. Roberta! FYI - there was a click-bait this AM about Madonna rehearsing for her new tour. Promised 'sizzling pics' of M rehearsing in fishnet stockings with dancers 'grinding against her'. They say M constantly 're-invents herself'. Yet ... she's done the same schtick for nearly 40 years! Be well -
    Hey Peace, I saw Grace Jones in concert during the summer of 2019 and wow...what a show. I can't believe I'm saying this, but she was so over-the-top, to the point where we were exhausted after a couple of hours. It was clear that she was high on something, but that only added to her outrageous performance. I had been wanting to see her in concert for quite some time, and I got my wish and then some! Pole dancing, toplessness, strapping on a you-know-what, getting on the shoulders of a fan and having him carry her through the aisles while she sang "Amazing Grace", and sticking a microphone in her mouth to simulate something naughty...lol.

As for Madonna, I would argue that she has indeed re-invented herself many times over. Just citing one of many examples, I would recommend checking out her most recent album, "Madame X". It was extremely experimental, being influenced by the time she lived in Lisbon, Portugal and the various music genres from that region. Sure, she's always been about the shock value in her performances, but has always accomplished that in different ways. Musically-speaking, I would argue that most of her albums are radically different from one another.