[REMOVE ADS]

Al filters show how a young DIANA ROSS would look like today. Accurate ??

How accurate are AI filters? What would happen if the technology was used on a young picture of Diana Ross so show how she would look today according to the AI technology

This link show a bunch of celebrities as their younger self, current self and with the AI filters. Diana is one of them. She is number 27 on the list.

Of course, most of these celebrities have had work done and the technology does not account for that. It's fun to look at the pictures. They also did Cher, Dolly, Barbra, Jane Fonda, and more.
    Here is the link Diana is number 27

https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurengaraf...er-celebrities

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  60.1 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  62.3 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  67.7 KB

She looks much better than the AI Photoshop.

milven, Thank you for the link. In my opinion, the AI depictions of the celebrities align pretty well with their current look, taking into consideration, that we know some of them have had quite extensive 'work' done and some of the current photos have been retouched themselves. I recall, back around 1967, seeing a hand drawn picture of the Beatles as to how they might look "When I'm 64."
    EDIT: Here's the picture Name:  BCCB5D0F-3F84-4932-ADF9-7C07463763A8.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  11.5 KB

Again, this was indeed fun to look at.

I will have to say that I don't know if I would have recognized Diana in the AI photoshop if it had just been an isolated picture away from the "famous celebrities" categorization. There's just something about those eyes that don't look familiar.
    Last edited by jobucats; 04-14-2023 at 11:02 AM.

Diana comes from a family of silver foxes. Her dad, mother, sister etc all have healthy thick bright silver hair. They also look great as “mature” people. I suspect under the wigs and makeup, Diana is no different. Back to this photo, I suspect the “real” Diana looks more like Bertie Pickett.

These AI photo enhancing/aging apps are weird, as they usually infuse the existing photo with photos of other individuals who have matching facial features. That being said, that second photo of Diana, aged by AI, looks more like an elderly white woman. Lol. I think if you want to see what she'd look like now, without any of the Hollywood enhancements, just look at any recent photo of her sisters, particularly Rita. There's some good youthful genes in the Ross family.

Hmmm. Just when 'ya wonder how low 'da toads can sink.

Had a thought! Are there AI filters to see how Marvin Gaye, Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard, etc would look if they were not so much, well, dead? RIBBIT RIBBIT! Get lives, toads. Get lives.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Had a thought! Are there AI filters to see how Marvin Gaye, Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard, etc would look if they were not so much, well, dead? RIBBIT RIBBIT! Get lives, toads. Get lives.
    Oh dear, toxic troll is upset again. I’m sure this was posted as a lighthearted bit of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Perhaps you could have answered your own question had you opened and read the link I provided in the first post of this thread.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurengaraf...er-celebrities

The author said that for the past week and a half, her entire FYP has been people using AI to see what they'd look like older.

So, the author wondered just how accurate are these AI filters? What would happen if the same technology were used on pictures of older celebs when they were younger?

To answer your question, my common sense [which I sometimes call my "toad" sense ] tells me that the AI filters would work on early pictures of Marvin Gaye, Mary Wilson, Florence Ballad, etc., even if they were "well. dead"

Of course, we couldn't tell how accurate the AI technology is on Flo and Marvin since they passed away many years ago, but there are recent pictures of Mary and they can be compared.

It was a cute experiment, and from reading the comments on the provided link, many people and maybe some toads enjoyed the experiment and comparisons. Some of the pictures from AI were amazingly accurate, but most don't compensate for the cosmetic work that many celebrities get when they age.

Wishing you peace and harmony

Bless you

They had a segment on 60 Minutes yesterday about Artificial Intelligence [AI]. After watching it and knowing a little more about it and what it can do; I cant decide if AI will be our savior or our downfall.
    Last edited by milven; 04-18-2023 at 12:27 AM.