[REMOVE ADS]

Expanded editions

I have given up hope officially.
    The Grammys and both Mary and Diana B days have passed and no expanded editions.
    I think it's over...for us fans.
    I suppose the sales were not there.
    Don't get it George Michael and Elvis both had expanded editions out last year
    Maybe it because their men?
    Not sure.
    I hoped we would make it to the end.we were almost there

I’m sad about this, too, but I’m going to keep hope alive!

I hate to say it but I've given up on anything Supremes related being released after Mary passed.

Her anthology was like one last hurrah.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I hate to say it but I've given up on anything Supremes related being released after Mary passed.

Her anthology was like one last hurrah.
    Forget “Reflections”, an expanded anything would be welcome at this point in time.

I don't think they are over. But there always seems to be one more bridge to cross.

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    I don't think they are over. But there always seems to be one more bridge to cross.
    Everything is so cryptic and secretive. Details are never shared so maybe future expanded editions are only carrots on a stick.

I was so much hoping for “Reflections” and “Ross 78”. I have just about given up. But I will continue to hope.

George - if expanded editions is/are a bridge too far at the moment for whatever reasons, how feasable would it be to just release the 'Reflections' mono takes digitally?

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Well without knowing what those bridges are, I'll join your optimism. But then I never did lose hope. I still think at some point we'll get 70s Supremes expanded editions because I just can't see the reason why not. Sure, we may not get to Right On expanded until 2057, but hey, I'll still be here, God willing and the creek don't rise.

Is there anything we fans can do?

even without George's reply, i don't think there's any reason to lose hope. i know we lose our patience though lol

i've typed the list on here a ton of times and frankly don't feel compelled to today lol but i've typed out the list of ALL of the EE's back to the Boss and Diana 80 in 99 or so. while it's not quite 100%, we've gotten at least 1 release just about every year. sure some years had a couple. and there were a few years where maybe just 1 was released. or one was released late, late the prior year and then nothing new the next. we got the MW set in 2022. and part of why this was such a great set is that it's my opinion that the odds of EE for something like the JW record or HE is doubtful, especially with the Scherrie years cd set a while back. my thought is that instead they might do a Lost and Found for the Sups or maybe just a L&F for the 70s. but with this MW release we got quite a bit of alt versions and unreleased 70s tunes.

recent releases prior to that were DR sings the Wiz, Funny Girl, merry xmas.

Of course i'm super eager for whatever is next.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Well without knowing what those bridges are, I'll join your optimism. But then I never did lose hope. I still think at some point we'll get 70s Supremes expanded editions because I just can't see the reason why not. Sure, we may not get to Right On expanded until 2057, but hey, I'll still be here, God willing and the creek don't rise.

Is there anything we fans can do?
    There must be at least three threads about an Expanded Edition of "Reflections," among others we have been waiting on. I will be 100 in 2057 so highly doubt I'll live to see any of these re-issues. The Second Disc practically on a daily basis announces some deluxe, expanded edition by Minnie Pearl, or Conway Twitty, or [[Fill in the Blank) but we can't get the expanded edition of "Reflections," etc.

It's really out of George's hands. He doesn't have the say on giving it the green light.

I understand its not George
    It's Universal music.
    But dang how long should we be patient.
    I'm done

The market for them continually declines - as in the prospective purchasers are continually dieing off
    Last edited by jobeterob; 04-12-2023 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    The market for them continually declines - as in the prospective purchasers are continually dieing off
    That is a sad fact, and i fear that even Diana's passing will not alter the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    That's an easy answer, but I'm not convinced it's correct. I see reissued, expanded, and career collections on even some of the most obscure artists these days. I wonder if there's something going on behind the scenes on the business side- like royalties, for instance- that are some kind of hinderance.