[REMOVE ADS]

I had a dream about "Love Is Here [[And Now You're Gone)"

And it was odd. I dreamed it was Karen Carpenter singing the song, with a signature Carpenters arrangement.

And it wasn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    And it was odd. I dreamed it was Karen Carpenter singing the song, with a signature Carpenters arrangement.

And it wasn't bad.
    Karen was a truly gifted singer and performer. gorgeous voice. i could totally hear her doing a "rainy days and mondays" version of Love Is Here. the harpsichord sound on the original and the odd way the Andantes sing the "ahhhhs" in the intro have always turned me off on this song. I never include it on a playlist. but totally re-imagining the tune like this makes it quite interesting

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Karen was a truly gifted singer and performer. gorgeous voice. i could totally hear her doing a "rainy days and mondays" version of Love Is Here. the harpsichord sound on the original and the odd way the Andantes sing the "ahhhhs" in the intro have always turned me off on this song. I never include it on a playlist. but totally re-imagining the tune like this makes it quite interesting
    Those "ahhs" at the beginning of "Love is Here" were always intriguing being that, for me, it was hard to tell if they were made from some synthesized instruments, or voices, OR both mixed together. Those vocals are rather ethereal sounding, and to me, indicate that HDH were displaying their innovative and experimental prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Those "ahhs" at the beginning of "Love is Here" were always intriguing being that, for me, it was hard to tell if they were made from some synthesized instruments, or voices, OR both mixed together. Those vocals are rather ethereal sounding, and to me, indicate that HDH were displaying their innovative and experimental prowess.
    it'll definitely acknowledge it was something new and different. i'd love to learn more about if they were somehow altered or tinkered with. i too thought they were a synthesizer of some sort but that would be awfully early for that.

I'd imagine if the Carpenters covered this one it would sound similar to Tami Lynn's cover of the song. A slow, sad take on the song.