[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Boogiedown...I don't think too many people heard Amanda Lear's FOLLOW ME...I first heard it 7" version on a excellent Canadian mixed 2 LP set called Disco Kings and Queens....I like the Sweet Revenge LP it is from too....Another one I love is BAISER- Summer Breeze...that is also a Canadian item and may be my all time favorite 12" ... I discovered many great cuts on comp LPS...Faye Hauser's YOU BRING THE SUN IN THE MORNING was another...I didn't get the 12" but like Andrea True's MORE MORE MORE the extended version is on the B side of the 7" ...
    I did love DR's 12" of Your Love Is So Good For Me...and I liked WHAT YOU GAVE ME too...I don't care for the LP version of BOSS but the 12" is great, and it's got the LP version of Lovin' Livin' & Givin' on the B side in glorious fat groove fidelity....I had the import of Touch By Touch on 12"...I think it may have been a Dutch pressing. I have a copy of 12" CHAIN REACTION with a blank full color missing all text label....and I had a 12" White label promo of It's My House w/ No One Gets The Prize-Boss 12" medley too at some point...I sold a lot of my stuff on ebay...still do. I am not the completist I was at 25...
    Last edited by gman; 04-05-2023 at 07:16 PM. Reason: more

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Boogiedown...I don't think too many people heard Amanda Lear's FOLLOW ME...I first heard it 7" version on a excellent Canadian mixed 2 LP set called Disco Kings and Queens....I like the Sweet Revenge LP it is from too....Another one I love is BAISER- Summer Breeze...that is also a Canadian item and may be my all time favorite 12" ... I discovered many great cuts on comp LPS...Faye Hauser's YOU BRING THE SUN IN THE MORNING was another...I didn't get the 12" but like Andrea True's MORE MORE MORE the extended version is on the B side of the 7" ...
    I did love DR's 12" of Your Love Is So Good For Me...and I liked WHAT YOU GAVE ME too...I don't care for the LP version of BOSS but the 12" is great, and it's got the LP version of Lovin' Livin' & Givin' on the B side in glorious fat groove fidelity....I had the import of Touch By Touch on 12"...I think it may have been a Dutch pressing. I have a copy of 12" CHAIN REACTION with a blank full color missing all text label....and I had a 12" White label promo of It's My House w/ No One Gets The Prize-Boss 12" medley too at some point...I sold a lot of my stuff on ebay...still do. I am not the completist I was at 25...
    I'm sure you know the long running whisper was that Amanda Lear was a man. Compare Amanda's work-out record to Dianas WORK THAT BODY.

I'm laaaazy, don't want to dance
    I'm laaaazy, I want a romance

hee haw !!

come on, girls !!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-06-2023 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Don't know this one! Very nice. summery and breezy ...Thank goodness Canada was late to get the music industry's dictate that disco was dead...

Sort of sounds like Change out of Italy ....or another Canadian: Gino Soccio:

good stuff !!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I'm sure you know the long running whisper was that Amanda Lear was a man.
    !
    Whisper

I'm sure you know the long running whisper was that Amanda Lear was a man.
    I seem to remember it was more a high pitched scream...shock horror.

I thought Amanda had poo pooed all that long ago , but looking at wiki it seems the notion is stronger than ever at age 83 .
    boy there’s a storyline awaiting a movie.

I thought Amanda had poo pooed all that long ago , but looking at wiki it seems the notion is stronger than ever at age 83 .
    boy there’s a storyline awaiting a movie.
    I think when he changed his name from Fred to Amanda people started to become suspicious.

aMANda was a subtle clue

There is of course one Diana-Giorgio connection in that Diana covered Berlin's Take My Breath Away on I Love You [[2006)

Quote Originally Posted by soren1974 View Post
    There is of course one Diana-Giorgio connection in that Diana covered Berlin's Take My Breath Away on I Love You [[2006)
    completely forgotten that

I'm sure you know the long running whisper was that Amanda Lear was a man. Compare Amanda's work-out record to Dianas WORK THAT BODY.
    I can recommend the Facebook page Amanda Lear Without Ambiguities. Someone very clever has dug out ageold photos and documents that virtually prove that, however much she denies it [[and has done so for 50+ years), she was born Alain Tapp, 1939.

But imagine if Giorgio Moroder had given Diana Ross Call Me ... [[disregarding that Debbie Harry wrote the lyrics for that one) - wouldn't that have been so much more exciting and gratifying than Diana's own [[and in my opinion failed) rock attempt, Fool For Your Love?
    Last edited by soren1974; 04-07-2023 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soren1974 View Post
    I can recommend the Facebook page Amanda Lear Without Ambiguities. Someone very clever has dug out ageold photos and documents that virtually prove that, however much she denies it [[and has done so for 50+ years), she was born Alain Tapp, 1939.
    Tell lies and you will invariably be caught out. Reminds me of Diana denying that she has ever demanded people call her M’s Ross when interviewed by Oprah.