[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Random thoughts -

I now realise that I only have one half of the Divas set - I had thought there were two separate volumes [[i.e.2 different releases). Silly me.

There are a plethora of different sets of licensed tracks [[such as the Motorcity ones above) that seem to have similar track listings. I have a few of em - so several repeat titles lol.

Freda Payne's "Memories and Souvenirs" is a great track - one I go back to regularly. I think Edwin Starr also recorded it.

The Supremes "I Want To Be Loved" is another very good song and performance by the girls. Very contemporary for the time and reminiscent of Whitney Houston [[maybe Donna Summer too. With a bit of luck this one could have scored a hit.

Billie Calvin sounds fantastic on "Wishing On A Star".

I think I prefer Jimmy Ruffin's [[solo?) version of "On The Rebound"

I expect Kenny will soon be out of space for posting photos on here.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post

Do you mean there’s a limit??? I may have to renegotiate my contract with Gary!

Actually, they get posted under Gary‘s ID, so I guess I’m safe for a while!
    Last edited by kenneth; 03-24-2023 at 06:02 PM.

Random thoughts -

I now realise that I only have one half of the Divas set - I had thought there were two separate volumes [[i.e.2 different releases). Silly me.

There are a plethora of different sets of licensed tracks [[such as the Motorcity ones above) that seem to have similar track listings. I have a few of em - so several repeat titles lol.

Freda Payne's "Memories and Souvenirs" is a great track - one I go back to regularly. I think Edwin Starr also recorded it.

The Supremes "I Want To Be Loved" is another very good song and performance by the girls. Very contemporary for the time and reminiscent of Whitney Houston [[maybe Donna Summer too. With a bit of luck this one could have scored a hit.

Billie Calvin sounds fantastic on "Wishing On A Star".

I think I prefer Jimmy Ruffin's [[solo?) version of "On The Rebound"

Mystery, are you saying that you're missing a disc from the first "DIVAS" set, leading you to think you
    had to purchase DIVAS 2 in order to get the second half of "DIVAS 1"? LOL!!! On my copy, the discs are clearly marked Disc 1 and Disc 2. I think that would have been my first clue that something was missing! LOL! I only laugh because we luv ya! To be sure we're on the same page, there are two separate "DIVAS" sets -- "DIVAS" [[as seen & heard above), and "DIVAS 2", which I have on order. Both are 2-CD sets, totalling 4 discs.

I, too, love Billie Calvin's "Wishing On A Star". I also love Billie's solo version of "You've Got The Love I Need" which sounds nearly identical to Motown's Undisputed Truth original. Speaking of whom, I'm disappointed and am left wondering why Brenda Evans wasn't among the 108 Motown artists recording with Ian.

I, too, love Freda's "Memories & Souvenirs", and The Supremes' "I Want To Be Loved", which is really kinda different for them. I haven't yet formed an opinion of Jimmy solo vs. Jimmy & Brenda's duet version of "On The Rebound".
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-24-2023 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Mystery, are you saying that you're missing a disc from the first "DIVAS" set, leading you to think you
    had to purchase DIVAS 2 in order to get the second half of "DIVAS 1"?
    It's even worse than that - I only have Disc 2 of Volume 1 and nothing at all of Volume 2. Should pay more attention - but I don't remember where I got the disc I have - it was many years ago when I got it. Never mind.

It's even worse than that - I only have Disc 2 of Volume 1 and nothing at all of Volume 2. Should pay more attention - but I don't remember where I got the disc I have - it was many years ago when I got it. Never mind.
    That's even funnier, bless your heart! HaHa!!!

I think it was when I went to pick up my copy of DIVAS from him that Ian Levine told me that he couldn't believe that he hadn't included Liz Lands in the collection as she was "the biggest diva of them all". Maybe it was because of that omission that he felt obliged to issue a Divas 2.