To continue with the comment by spreadinglove last month as to why she didn’t attend, and today’s chat about Diana being ill [[Diana to perform……)
I just spoke with my friend who toils in the recording industry. He mentioned that The VARIETY article from February 3 might have been a contributing factor for the omission of The Supremes segment in the YouTube recap of The Lifetime Achievement Award. He thinks the article implies, very strongly, that Mary’s solo ANTHOLOGY is a main reason why the Supremes are being honored, which is odd considering the ANTHOLOGY was released over a year ago. The article actually states twice, “Unreleased solo music from Wilson has raised interest in her career… Leading up to the trio getting an honor from the Recording Academy”. I never picked up on it that way.

Jay Schwartz [[humbly described in the article as “a legend in the publicity business since the late 1970s”) also states, near the end, “ Mary and I wanted the Lifetime Achievement Award for the Supremes and we’re getting that next week”, which he seems to equate with getting Mary on “Dancing With The Stars”. My friend said the awards committees who give out these special merit industry awards feel that it’s an honor and a rare privilege to have one bestowed upon an artist, and to mention/equate it in the same context as appearing on dancing with the stars, might have pissed them off a little bit. I do know that they are in the subject, they are by far the biggest name in the category, they are not in the video, and I do not believe it was oversight. I believe they did it on purpose because otherwise, they would’ve amended it, or taken it down by now. ~
In addition to plugging the ANTHOLOGY, and the “more recently recorded” WHY CAN’T WE ALL GET ALONG and “the-soon-to-drop” SOUL DEFENDER, it’s obvious that much of this article is, a non-too subtle advertisement for Mary Wilson product, from which both Turquessa & Mr. Schwartz will financially benefit.

Maybe the VARIETY article isn’t the only reason that The Supreme segment was omitted [[even though they are mentioned in the title), I do believe the Grammy Award committee staff may feel that their intentions to honor the Supremes were definitely being manipulated by Mr. Schwartz, for obvious commercial purposes.