Saw this posted elsewhere:

Chris Roe, Martha Reeves manager here. This is the heads up that the fundraising campaign to raise the necessary funds for Martha’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles has begun!

As Martha’s manager, I have taken over this effort, but I need your help! Of course, at the end of the day it’s all about money! We will be looking to accrue the sum required by The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and other associated expenses that we will need to fulfill this effort. [[approx. $80,000). Just the cost of the actual star [[no, it is not given free) is now $55,000.00. Then there’s the flights into LA, hotel, reception afterwards and all those expenses which comes to about $25,000.00.

No amount is too small [[One less Starbucks will not hurt anyone). I’m sure you’ll agree that this honor that will be bestowed is very well deserved and long overdue. We need to raise this money as quickly as possible. If we do not make a sizeable indentation to our goal, it is likely that Martha’s Hollywood Star selection will be withdrawn, and we will have to start the nomination process all over again [[which could take several years). Since she was nominated and chosen in 2021, as part of the Class of 2022, we have very little time. There is a time limit to receive your star after being selected. We wish to hold the ceremony in the last half of 2023 or early 2024. 2023 marks the 60th anniversary of her first album with Motown, Come Get These Memories. So this year would be ideal. However, the moment we select and confirm the date we must pay for the star at that time. Therefore, we must move fast.