ok - this is sort of feel-good post. I happened to be reading a memoir written by a former Pan Am flight attendant. and of course there's the chapter about celebrity run ins and stories. some had their names removed to protect the guilty! lol

there was a story about Diana that's a fun one to share

the flight was a Pan Am 747 from JFK to LAX and one of the last passengers to board was the Ruby Keeler, the former wife of Al Jolson. Ms Keeler was quite elderly and in a wheelchair and some halfwit at the airline had seated her in the upper deck of the 747. the flight was completely full and everyone was on board.

well almost everyone

the book states "i spotted a familiar silhouette sashaying down the air-bridge toward me. That slim, undulant figure and unique halo coiffure - should-length, shoulders-wide - could only belong to Diana Ross. in less than a moment, assessing my predicament, the Supreme Ms Ross resolved it, swapping her main deck seat for Ms Keeler's upstairs."

while it might not sound like a big deal, it would have also involved a swapping in class of service. First Class was in the nose of the 747. the upstairs at this point was not first class seating.

anyway, what other fun and nice stories have you heard over the years of our girls? we often get caught up in the problems but every one of the supremes could be a warm and loving person. any fan stories? read about articles where something similar happened?