Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
Sorry Bayou, but that's definitely Flo and Mary on "I'm In Love Again". I think you might be mixing it up with something else. There are no male voices on the song.

I think it's possible that "Run" is the Andantes, but "Always" is Flo, Mary and Lamont Dozier.
RanRan, thank you for correcting me, I listened to I'm In Love Again for the first time in years and yes that is Mary and Flo, with what sounds like Eddie Holland.

We had this discussion years ago, like in the 80s, in a fan club newsletter. Eddie Holland had a soaring tenor voice with at least a 3 octave range and filled in the backgrounds on many artists. On Mary Wells he is clear on He Holds His Own. He can be heard on Always In My Heart as well, and I'm not certain Mary and Flo are on that. For Run, Run, Run, it was suggested by one of the early CD compilers that Mary and Flo are not on that track that the demo backing vocal laid down by HDH was kept as it was. Definitely not the Supremes on Any Girl In Love, but none of us knew the difference back then.

It gets hard to tell. Engineers at Motown were geniuses on the mixing board. I just found out that Gladys Knight and the Pips are backing Marvin Gaye on his hit "You." Who knew.

Anyway Ran, thanks for the correction