[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross at The Royal Albert Hall 1973

Ive just watched the 1973 Royal Albert Hall performance of Diane Ross on YouTube. She was backed by The Devastating Affair and during the concert, Diana states she was about to release some songs written but them. Does anyone know if this actually transpired.

Some of the members wrote YOU'RE A SPECIAL PART OF ME, a song recorded by Diana and Marvin Gaye.

Later, a couple of members wrote NEVER SAY I DON'T LOVE YOU and YOU WERE THE ONE from her ROSS [[1978) album.

Greg Wright was one of the members of the Devasting Affair. she recorded his Never Say I Don't Love You and You Were The One. he also did Share Some Love which was on the To Love Again EE. he also did He's My Man on the supremes.

Greg along with other DA members Andrew Porter and Harold Johnson wrote You're A Special Part of Me from the D&M duet album

lol i knew about the first stuff i wrote but didn't about Special Part. when you asked this question i goggled it and discovered that one

Sup, you forgot to mention DA member Karin Patterson also participating in the writing of all those songs. Wright and Patterson also wrote/recorded a few songs on both Thelma Houston and Three Ounces Of Love during 1977-1978.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Sup, you forgot to mention DA member Karin Patterson also participating in the writing of all those songs. Wright and Patterson also wrote/recorded a few songs on both Thelma Houston and Three Ounces Of Love during 1977-1978.
    thanks Dan - i found the DA info on a google search and they had her listed but when i also went to Wikipedia, i didn't see her name [[or maybe overlooked it)

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    And they wrote, and he produced, "He's My Man" by the Supremes.

Diana Ross' 1973 Concert at Royal Albert Hall is one of my favourites to view for her stellar vocals and stage presence. Diana and Gil were Dynamite to Thrill!